FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Time to update the forums?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HarvHouHacker  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject: Time to update the forums? Reply with quote

This phpBB forum is great, but isn't it time to update? Several things about this forum seem a bit broken, and phpBB released version 3.3.1 in August. I don't know much about these things, though, but it would be nice to see this forum have some new life breathed into it.

Just my two cents. Thanks for staying up for so long!
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the re-rewrite was supposed to happen in 2009, but the traffic is less and less although we see some spikes some months, it'll never be as it was before. So i'm not sure if the time spent is worth the effort.

you also have to consider the huge amount of coding for the leaderboards. I bet this part alone could drive one crazy to start from fresh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon is basically correct. JC can't just update the board because this board has been ridiculously highly customized and integrated with the scoring on the site. It would have to be completely rewritten, which JC had intended to do a couple times, but since its a ton of work, there's not as much demand here anymore, and he is busy with his day job, he's never finished it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: