FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ROCK BAND 4 LEGACY DLC DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: ROCK BAND 4 LEGACY DLC DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS Reply with quote

Posted by Harmonix today:

First and foremost, you will have to re-download each DLC entitlement individually in order to play these tracks in Rock Band 4. Due to 1st party technical restrictions, Harmonix is unable to support batch downloads within the 1st party stores. If you want your DLC downloaded to your console, you will have to re-download tracks individually.

(Update: some packs WILL show up in the PSN store. Dr. Feelgood album showed up for me, and when I downloaded it, both the pack and all the singles from the album showed up in my download list - but the pack download was only for PS3, so be careful when choosing downloads!)

PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a glitch in the XBL marketplace where songs you own may show up as not purchased. Please do not repurchase them, this is being worked on.

Other tracks on PSN are showing "Unavailable", these should be made available soon, stay tuned.

HOW TO RE-DOWNLOAD YOUR LEGACY ROCK BAND DLC ON XBOX ONE:

Turn on your Xbox One.
Sign in to the Xbox Live Gamertag that you originally purchased your legacy Rock Band DLC on.
Navigate to the Xbox Live Marketplace titled "Store".
Select "Search".
Search for "Rock Band 4"
You will see multiple products for the title. Select the game "Rock Band 4".
Navigate to "Add-Ons" and select the ellipses (the big "..." at the bottom of the featured Add-Ons) to view all Add-Ons.
Select the individual Add-On you want to download. There will be a monetary value on an individual Add-On if you did not previously purchase the product. If you purchased it previously, select "Install".
The download should automatically begin. Once completed, you should see that where the "Install" prompt used to be on this individual Add-On, it will now say "Installed".
There will be no update to notify you that this content has completed downloading. There is no visible way to confirm if your DLC has been installed to your console until you first launch Rock Band 4 on that console. The content should be on your hard drive, but will remain invisible until you first play Rock Band 4.
Repeat step 8 for as many Add-Ons as you would like downloaded to your console.
And that's it! You can now play this content in Rock Band 4 when the game is loaded into your system!

HOW TO RE-DOWNLOAD YOUR LEGACY ROCK BAND DLC ON PLAYSTATION4:

Turn on your PlayStation4.
Sign in to the PlayStationNetwork ID that you originally purchased your legacy Rock Band DLC on.
Navigate to the PlayStationStore.
Under Search, type in "Rock Band 4" and select the "Rock Band 4" Game.
Navigate to "Add-Ons".
Select "View All".
From here, you can do one of two things.
Filter the list to see ONLY "Free" Add-Ons.
Sort Price by "Low-to-High".
You should see individual DLC tracks come up as "Purchased". These are the entitlements that you are able to re-download based on your account's purchase history.
Select the individual Add-On you want to download and select "Download".
The download should automatically begin and be added to your PlayStation4 Downloads. Once completed, you should see that where the "Download" prompt used to be on this individual Add-On, it will now say "Installed".
You can always check your download history by navigating to Notifications --> Downloads from the PlayStation4 Main Menu!
Repeat step 9 for as many Add-Ons as you would like downloaded to your console.
And that's it! You can now play this content in Rock Band 4 when the game is loaded into your system!

DLC SALE UPDATE

Weve had the awesome and incredibly busy task of adding Rock Band 4 gameplay features (like Freestyle Guitar Solos and Dynamic Drum Fills) to our legacy DLC that is now available in the store. Weve managed to carry over 1700 pieces of legacy DLC so that players can begin searching, re-downloading, and purchasing Rock Band content. Because of this, on October 6th when Rock Band 4 releases, all DLC singles on Xbox One and PlayStation4 will be $1.99. This includes all legacy DLC singles (if you havent already purchased it), and future DLC singles. Because of this, the long-running DLC sale on Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 on pre-Rock Band 3 DLC is finally coming to an end. Its been three years that this content has been 50% off. It will be returning to full price at $1.99 per track. Additionally, all packs will also be returning to their original full price.

Last edited by singemfrc on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like PS4 users won't be able to download legacy DLC until launch day since the PS store appears to disable the Add-Ons section for games that are still marked "Preorder".
None of the DLC is currently in the store.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't get is, if I can install all the songs in a given pack (because I bought the songs as a pack >__>) individually, why can the store not just say, yes you can download the pack and not each song one by one?

For now I'm gonna assume licenses are just not all sorted out, since I own the Morningwood songs and it wouldn't let me install the one I saw. Otherwise I'm gonna be kinda annoyed at HMX/MS.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get both Morningwood songs, and the Electric Six and Dinosaur Jr. The others I did not see at this point.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lowlander2 PSN Name: Lowlander2
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's weird. I'm anxious to get into the store and find out exactly how that works, because before the pack was treated as a different dlc item them the individual sons, so I wonder how they even did that to make the individual songs show as purchased if you purchased the pack.

Also I know that Rock Band 3 had an issue with a total number of dlc items downloaded - not songs, but items - so downloading more singles instead of packs brought you to the limit faster. Hopefully RB4, utilizing the new hardware, won't have a similar issue.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appears that some delisted songs quickly went up for purchase as well, I saw some of them was up on Xbox earlier and Smooth Criminal as well as some others are up on PSN in Europe right now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
Appears that some delisted songs quickly went up for purchase as well, I saw some of them was up on Xbox earlier and Smooth Criminal as well as some others are up on PSN in Europe right now.
That makes sense because you're supposed to be able to redownload them if you already purchased them - perhaps they're only up for a limited time. I'd snatch them ASAP just in case.

So is it just PS USA that has to wait to download? Weird, usually Europe goes live after USA.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Kubuh wrote:
That makes sense because you're supposed to be able to redownload them if you already purchased them - perhaps they're only up for a limited time. I'd snatch them ASAP just in case.

So is it just PS USA that has to wait to download? Weird, usually Europe goes live after USA.

You can't get anything on PS4 in Europe, game isn't even available for preorder. This is just the normal PS3 versions that for some reason went back up for sale

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
Kubuh wrote:

You can't get anything on PS4 in Europe, game isn't even available for preorder. This is just the normal PS3 versions that for some reason went back up for sale
That's even weirder. I'd definitely grab those then if you don't have em and want them.
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm going through the tedious process of downloading songs on xbox one, and I'm finding that about 30% of my songs that I KNOW I've purchased are being offered for sale, not install. These are random songs from bands like Megadeth, the Clash, Snoop Dogg, Green Day etc. It's random songs from track packs that I've purchased, random single songs, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Is anyone else coming up with this problem?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twistedoak wrote:
So I'm going through the tedious process of downloading songs on xbox one, and I'm finding that about 30% of my songs that I KNOW I've purchased are being offered for sale, not install. These are random songs from bands like Megadeth, the Clash, Snoop Dogg, Green Day etc. It's random songs from track packs that I've purchased, random single songs, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Is anyone else coming up with this problem?

Alakaiser confirmed in IRC it's a known issue and people are working on it, don't pay for stuff you already own.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the tracks have been added to PSN now, but they all say "Unavailable for purchase"..wonder if PS is intentionally not allowing them to be purchased until Tuesday. Thats annoying.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some tracks are now showing available to download on PSN, others still say Unavailable. Harmonix has said via Facebook that they will all be made available as soon as possible.

Also - despite being told there would be no packs available, at least one (Dr. Feelgood album) is showing in the PSN store. When downloading however, please note that the album shows up in your download list for PS3 and the singles show in the download list for PS4. Be careful when choosing downloads!
Freezard  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So these are apparently all the songs and packs counting as legacy DLC: http://www.rockband.com/content-assets/2012/09/RBDLCsaleGraphic.pdf

Was planning to buy some stuff, any recommendations? I like songs from Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Rush, Ozzy, Avenged Sevenfold and Joe Satriani so I'll probably grab those. Any similar songs? As long as there's some good guitar/bass in there it's fine, and they should preferably be difficult.
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread and much needed sticky. This is going to be one tedious process as not all dlc will be available at launch. I'm on the PS4 so hopefully they get everything sorted out soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: