FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Road Crew - Win Full Band RB4 Kit!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
I got in! As did BreakManX from around these parts! All told, my local group of intense Rock Band nerds netted five(!) of the spots in total. That's so much largesse that's gonna let us do so much ridiculous awesomeness going forward. Immense props to Harmonix for making this a reality for us!

Jealous. I'm having trouble even finding anyone that will play the game with me (band in a box preordered) in Cleveland.

youhas  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
youhas wrote:
I got in! As did BreakManX from around these parts! All told, my local group of intense Rock Band nerds netted five(!) of the spots in total. That's so much largesse that's gonna let us do so much ridiculous awesomeness going forward. Immense props to Harmonix for making this a reality for us!

Jealous. I'm having trouble even finding anyone that will play the game with me (band in a box preordered) in Cleveland.

Yeah, we're ridiculously spoiled around here. There's been a vibrant enough community soldiering along in the Bay Area for the last several years. Folks opening up their homes for game play; folks who have contacts for us to set up bar nights; folks who have ins that let us rock at various local nerd-oriented conventions. (Our next Rock Band social event is on Wednesday night; after that, Saturday evening.) And the more we do random social play, the more "new blood" we find, folks having their interests piqued years after "oh, right, I'd forgotten about these games!" It's a pretty great setup, and I know there are only a couple three metropolitan areas around the country that have found that "critical mass" of Rock Band enthusiasts.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New gigs are up, y'all.
Graf  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAX East special guitars are shipping out! I received a confirmation email about mine this morning, so I assume it will be arriving next week along with road crew band bundles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, the plot is really thickening with this. Instead of just 1 package as expected for the Band in a Box, there's a 2nd 5 lb package getting sent out as well. While there is no confirmation of it's contents, the dimensions are just the slightest bit larger (to allow for a shipping box) than the guitar bundle dimensions on Amazon. It looks like there's a decent chance they actually sent everyone a 2nd guitar as well.
Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
Man, the plot is really thickening with this. Instead of just 1 package as expected for the Band in a Box, there's a 2nd 5 lb package getting sent out as well. While there is no confirmation of it's contents, the dimensions are just the slightest bit larger (to allow for a shipping box) than the guitar bundle dimensions on Amazon. It looks like there's a decent chance they actually sent everyone a 2nd guitar as well.

They are. I saw in the Rock Band Road Crew Facebook group that the second box is another Strat so you could truly have a full band local game. Pretty cool. Unfortunately for me, FedEx only has record of my PAX East Limited Edition guitar that is on it's way (expected Friday) and no sign of the RBRC packages. For once, I hope that FedEX messed up along the way and I will be pleasantly surprised on Friday afternoon. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Any sign of your stuff, elx?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know I'm on track to get the game on Friday, though FedEx called me saying at least one of the packages I'm getting (RB4 BiaB, guitar, PAX guitar) was recalled by the sender so who knows? From what I've seen quite a few people will have the game tomorrow so should be lots more information incoming.

elx  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
elx wrote:

They are. I saw in the Rock Band Road Crew Facebook group that the second box is another Strat so you could truly have a full band local game. Pretty cool. Unfortunately for me, FedEx only has record of my PAX East Limited Edition guitar that is on it's way (expected Friday) and no sign of the RBRC packages. For once, I hope that FedEX messed up along the way and I will be pleasantly surprised on Friday afternoon. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Any sign of your stuff, elx?

Tracking officially says Friday but my bundle is at destination sort 20 minutes from me. The guitar isn't there yet, but has been about an hour behind in past scans. Hopefully they just deliver today, but I'll see about picking it up there if it doesn't make the truck. I really hope your stuff turns up Friday, I know I'd be worried sick if I were in your shoes. It would suck after the effort of applying and excitement of getting in to not end up getting the game (or not early). I'm sure if it truly got lost in the system and doesn't show that HMX/Madcatz will do something to resolve the situation for you. Good luck!

EDIT: Looks like the 2nd guitars shipping out was a mistake, and those that haven't been delivered are getting recalled. Oh well.

Last edited by elx on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xenigma  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up my bundle from FedEx today! If y'all would like some specific information let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Lowlander2  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only burgeoning request is what exactly comprises a post-song stats screen, I guess.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lowlander2 PSN Name: Lowlander2
Xenigma  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lowlander2 wrote:
My only burgeoning request is what exactly comprises a post-song stats screen, I guess.

Quickplay result screen doesn't scroll (not sure why they left that out TBH), looks like this:

Modes seem to have separate scoring; scores from songs I play in Tour don't appear in Quickplay for instance. Quickplay leaderboards (which now appear to be up) have rank, name, percent, difficulty, and score. Stars appear in Quickplay library menu.

slashn0  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In quickplay, does it show the percentage you got like in RB3? That was one of my favorite additions to RB3, makes keeping track of FCs so much easier.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
elx  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenigma wrote:
Lowlander2 wrote:

Quickplay result screen doesn't scroll (not sure why they left that out TBH), looks like this:

Modes seem to have separate scoring; scores from songs I play in Tour don't appear in Quickplay for instance. Quickplay leaderboards (which now appear to be up) have rank, name, percent, difficulty, and score. Stars appear in Quickplay library menu.

I'm pretty sure scores not carrying over from tour/shows is because of OD/multiplier carrying over between songs. While I'm glad they blocked it with those factors in play, I just wish those factors weren't in play so that scores were pooled across modes.
Xenigma  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slashn0 wrote:
In quickplay, does it show the percentage you got like in RB3? That was one of my favorite additions to RB3, makes keeping track of FCs so much easier.

Yes! On right hand of screen for each song you can see the percentage, difficulty, and stars all together.

Lowlander2  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I have another question. If you have Lovegame or I Wanna Know What Love Is, tell me if they have guitar parts.

EDIT: Whoops, throw The Only Time on there as well, thanks.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lowlander2 PSN Name: Lowlander2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: