FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Top 75 Hardest Full Band FC's (DLC and On-Disc Only)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeastinIsMyGame  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Top 75 Hardest Full Band FC's (DLC and On-Disc Only) Reply with quote

This is a list of the hardest Harmonix released songs to full band full combo. There are a few points worth mentioning about this list that I suggest you read.

- This list takes into account the difficulty of FBFCing a song with the OPTIMAL LEGACY LINEUP. That means that if keys score more points than bass or guitar for a song or there is no guitar or bass part, keys are assumed in the lineup. This also means that pro keys or any other pro instrument's difficulty will never be considered for this list to avoid cases of extreme difficulty (e.g. Roundabout pro keys) that could lead to headaches.

- This list will only take into account songs that were released as Harmonix DLC or were on a specific game's setlist. No Rock Band Network releases will be added to this list. Songs from any Rock Band game, RB1-RBB, however, are taken into account.

- If you'd like to voice your opinion on a song's position on the list please try to be as specific as possible. Generally, comparing a song to another that is in a different place (e.g. "I think X is easier than Y but definitely harder than Z") is appreciated and helpful, whereas simply stating that you feel a song is unfairly placed (e.g. "I don't think Q is that hard") is not as useful in improving the list. Also try to take into account the challenge that is presented to each instrument, as well as factors such as length, number of notably difficult parts, and position of the hardest parts of a chart (i.e. a hard solo at the end of a song makes a full band FC much harder than the same solo at the start of a song).

Green = DLC
Red = Rock Band 1
Blue = Rock Band 2
Indigo = AC/DC Live Track Pack
Olive = Green Day Rock Band
Brown = Rock Band 3
Orange = Rock Band Blitz

The List
    1. Operation Ground and Pound by Dragonforce
    2. Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce
    3. Young Man Blues (Live at Leeds) by The Who
    4. Pulse of the Maggots by Slipknot
    5. The Camera Eye by Rush
    6. Constant Motion by Dream Theater
    7. 2112 by Rush
    8. Raining Blood by Slayer
    9. Magic Bus (Live at Leeds) by The Who
    10. Scream Aim Fire by Bullet for My Valentine
    11. Working Man As Made Famous by Rush
    12. Working Man (Vault Edition) by Rush
    13. Seasons In the Abyss by Slayer
    14. If 6 Was 9 by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    15. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Live) by Jimi Hendrix
    16. This Is Exile by Whitechapel
    17. Spinning Wheel by Blood, Sweat, and Tears
    18. Guns of Summer by Coheed and Cambria
    19. Surfing With the Alien by Joe Satriani
    20. Once Bitten Twice Shy by Great White
    21. Five Magics by Megadeth
    22. Powerslave by Iron Maiden
    23. Visions by Abnormality
    24. Run to the Hills As Made Famous by Iron Maiden
    25. South of Heaven by Slayer
    26. Conquer All by Behemoth
    27. Do You Feel Like We Do (Live) by Peter Frampton
    28. Child In Time by Deep Purple
    29. What A Horrible Night to Have a Curse by The Black Dahlia Murder
    30. Embedded by Job For a Cowboy
    31. On the Backs of Angels by Dream Theater
    32. Frankenstein by Edgar Winter Group
    33. 3rd Stone From the Sun by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    34. Blackened by Metallica
    35. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due by Megadeth
    36. Rebel Love Song by Black Veil Brides
    37. Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold
    38. Homecoming by Green Day
    39. Stone Free by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    40. Sleepwalker by Megadeth
    41. Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold
    42. Hammer Smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse
    43. I Ain't Superstitious by Megadeth
    44. Manic Depression by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    45. I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts by X
    46. Tuesday's Gone by Lynyrd Skynyrd
    47. You Got Me Floatin' by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    48. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son by Iron Maiden
    49. Fear of the Dark (Live) by Iron Maiden
    50. Hey Joe (Live) by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    51. Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Iron Maiden
    52. Black Magic by Slayer
    53. Let There Be Rock (Live) by AC/DC
    54. Iron Maiden (Live) by Iron Maiden
    55. Rock Band Network Megamix 01 by Various Artists
    56. Starting To Appreciate by Tutankamon
    57. Thrasher by Evile
    58. My Last Words by Megadeth
    59. Hangar 18 by Megadeth
    60. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)(Live) by AC/DC
    61. Killing In The Name by Rage Against the Machine
    62. Good Mourning/Black Friday by Megadeth
    63. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Live) by AC/DC
    64. Suicide Note Pt. II by Pantera
    65. Satch Boogie by Joe Satriani
    66. Cry Thunder by Dragonforce
    67. Caravan by Rush
    68. Heart of the Sunrise by Yes
    69. Super Bad pts. 1 & 2 by James Brown
    70. Warriors of Time by Black Tide
    71. Back From the Dead by Spinal Tap
    72. Metal Thrashing Mad (Live) by Anthrax
    73. Parallel Universe by Red Hot Chili Peppers
    74. Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden
    75. Rude Mood by Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble

Songs worth considering for the list

Caught In A Mosh by Anthrax
Roundabout by Yes
Sweet Home Alabama (Live) by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Captain Jack by Billy Joel
Icky Thump by The White Stripes
My Generation (Live at Leeds) by The Who
The Great Southern Trendkill by Pantera
Valleys of Neptune by Jimi Hendrix
Aesthetics of Hate by Machinehead
Bad Omen by Megadeth

Last edited by BeastinIsMyGame on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:45 am; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BeastinIsMyGame PSN Name: smarock
BeastinIsMyGame  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of room for improvement here, 2 songs in particular I overlooked (Once Bitten Twice Shy and Run to the Hills Cover) need places, so any input on those 2 and the rest of the list would be appreciated
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BeastinIsMyGame PSN Name: smarock
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to Run to the Hills (Cover), taking into account the crazy amount of consistency required across all band members (broken vocals, easy-to-miss bass, annoying guitar solo and drums with really dumb tempo changes), and doing it on RB1, I'd rank it at either #10 or #11. I think it'd fit nicely just under SaF.
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, interesting. I dread to think of how hard making a list for RBN would be.
And yeah, RttH (RB1) would fit right below SAF.

Last edited by Midnight-Rider on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MidniteRidr2
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, interesting. I dread to think of how hard making a list for RBN would be.
And yeah, RttH (RB1) would fit right below SAF. Not too sure about OBTS.

Last edited by Midnight-Rider on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MidniteRidr2
DaRkJoKeR77  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think Public Enemy #1 should be on the list. I'd put I Ain't Superstitious where PE#1 is because I'm pretty sure most people would find guitar to be much harder to fc. Also I'd say the constant double kicks at the end of I Ain't Superstitious make it a little harder to fc on drums than PE#1 which just has one lane to worry about.

Also I'd say Seventh Son should be where Rime is because I think more people would find Seventh Son drums quite a bit harder to fc. The guitar is about the same in the two songs, and Rime bass is only slightly harder. I guess you could argue that Rime is a few minutes longer, but I'd say the increase in drum difficulty makes up for it. I won't persist if you don't agree though because I can see how people would think the opposite.
slashn0  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Starting to Appreciate should be on this list. I've OMBFC'd it, and the only hard instrument is drums. After finding a consistent way to hit the lanes I found it to not be too hard.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post more thoughts when I'm not at work but there's no reason that the working man cover shouldn't be on this list when they're two seperate songs. Besides, the rolls between the two are different in speed and consistency and guitar is significantly harder in the cover version.
BeastinIsMyGame  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated.

-Added Run to the Hills cover at 11, although it might have potential to go slightly higher.

-Replaced Public Enemy No.1 with IAS because I agree with Luke about the difficulty of guitar and bass. Also replaced Rime with Seventh Son.

-Moved Starting to Appreciate down at the request of Nolan, but did not remove because it's still very stupid on drums.

I'll add the Working Man cover if more of you think it deserves a spot, or if it will take a spot not directly next to the Vault Edition. And OBTS still needs a spot here too so let me know where you think it should go
DaRkJoKeR77  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also say to switch This Is Exile and Surfing With the Alien. There are a lot more people that can do Surfing With the Alien guitar than there are people that can do This Is Exile drums. Also the other instruments on SWtA are non issues while TiE guitar is also kind of hard.
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Frankenstein FBFC would be harder than Do You Feel Like We Do (Live) - even tho I've ruined a DYFLWD FBFC thrice in the ending guitar solo. :x

Also, I agree with what both Nick and Luke said.

I'd actually think the Working Man (Cover) is harder to FBFC because guitar is slightly harder in the solos, and vocals were poorly charted compared to the Vault Edition.
slashn0  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely agree with Luke about This is Exile. I overlooked it the first time I read the list for some reason but yeah that should be higher. Also, I think 2112 and the Camera Eye should be switched but I guess that's debatable

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
BeastinIsMyGame  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switched TiE and Surfing With the Alien, also added OBTS under Surfing With the Alien because the number of FC's of OBTS guitar is still incredibly low.

Grand-master wrote:
I feel like Frankenstein FBFC would be harder than Do You Feel Like We Do (Live) - even tho I've ruined a DYFLWD FBFC thrice in the ending guitar solo. :x

Also, I agree with what both Nick and Luke said.

I'd actually think the Working Man (Cover) is harder to FBFC because guitar is slightly harder in the solos, and vocals were poorly charted compared to the Vault Edition.

I personally can't see Frankenstein being harder than DYFLWD simply because the length and most of the difficulty for the latter comes from the ending of the song for keys especially. If more people feel this way though I'll switch the two. Also added the Working Man cover right ahead of the Vault Edition.

Also @slashno I have a seriously hard time moving The Camera Eye down because the only hard part is borderline unhittable and is at the end of a 10 minute long song, however if more people think 2112 should move up I will do so.
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camera Eye > 2112

EDIT: Wait, what happened to Five Magics?
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestions to possibly be added to the list:
Tuesday's Gone
Stone Free (seconded)
Manic Depression
I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts (seconded)
Rapid Fire
Metal Thrashing Mad (Live)
Back From The Dead
Captain Jack
Iron Maiden (Live)

There is too much megadeth on this list the only ones that really deserve a place are 5M and IAS. What is MLW doing so high up anyways? Harder than CIT?

RTTH cover is immensely overrated in this list and if the original version doesn't earn a spot then the cover shouldn't either. Vocals on that song, even in RB1, are not overly difficult. There are no egregiously broken talkies, you just have to be aware of your timing (best strategy for this is using static vocals).Guitar and bass are both easier in the cover and drums are only slightly harder with more tempo changes. The only real reason this song is unFBFCed is because RB1 doesn't seem to properly function with e-kits. Putting it above the working men is a joke.

Seasons is underrated and should be placed at least harder than voodoo child.

Guns of Summer is overrated and should be placed easier than Frankenstein.

I'd move DYFLWD up as harder than child in time.

Like most of the megadeth, Black Magic should be taken off the list entirely

That's all I got for now, lots of it boils down to which drum skill you're better at when looking at stuff like 3rd stone vs mayhem songs.

Edit: Visions really needs to dive down. Powerslave, for instance, is a harder FBFC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: