FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Making my own career mode w/ DLC and on disc songs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mninp  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject: Making my own career mode w/ DLC and on disc songs Reply with quote

So...I currently have exactly 320 songs. I didn't plan it out, but it just so happens that I have exactly the right amount of songs to make 8 Rock Band "games" with 8 tiers each.

I'm starting from the very top of the list and going down, so obviously the first "game" will be the easiest and the 8th game will be the hardest. If anyone wants to help order these songs in a tier structured way (just for fun) that would be cool. I recently started playing the songs from the top, and so far I have done 25 of them. After I list the songs, I will put what I think about each song's difficulty. Here are the songs (DLC songs will have band name in parentheses)

The Hardest Button to Button
Rehab
Low Rider
Last Dance
Outer Space
Need You Tonight
Living in America
Burn it Down (Linkin Park)
Walking on the Sun
Closer (Lacuna Coil)
Fly Like an Eagle
Rooster (Alice in Chains)
More Human Than Human (White Zombie)
Cold As Ice
White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane)
I Won't Back Down (Tom Petty)
Smoke on the Water
Hey (Honest Bob and the Factor-to-Dealer Incentives
I Love Rock N' Roll
You've Got Another Thing Comin' (Judas Priest)
Werewolves of London
In the End (Linkin Park)
Me Enamora
Just Like Heaven
Numb (Linkin Park)
All the Small Things (Blink 182)
Bulls on Parade (Rage Against the Machine)
Get Up, Stand Up
Somewhere I Belong (Linkin Park)
Oye Mi Amor
Living Dead Girl (Rob Zombie)
Space Oddity
Wake Me Up When September Ends (Green Day)
Good Vibrations (Live)
What I've Done (Linkin Park)
Everybody Wants to Rule the World
She Sells Sanctuary (The Cult)
Get Free
All Star (Smash Mouth)
Freak on a Leash (Korn)

The Hardest Button to Button- Definitely not the easiest. I FC'd it on sightread, so it's not hard at all, but with all these extremely easy songs here, I think this will end up being 3rd tier or something. The chorus might be a little tough for the beginning of the game.

Rehab- A little easier than THBTB in my opinion. There's a few "tricky" spots, but overall it's a lot slower paced, and there's hardly any chords.

Low Rider- Snooze fest. If this doesn't get 1st tier, there's something wrong.

Last Dance- This should be Apprentice. It's one of the hardest out of the 15 I played so far. I mean, it's not hard at all, but there's a lot of triplets and 3 button chords throughout. My hand had a very slight cramp at the end.

Outer Space- An easier version of Last Dance. Pretty much the same thing, but istead of 3 button chords, they're just regular chords.

Need You Tonight- Another "tough" one (I use this term very loosely...remember, this list is just Warmup and Apprentice songs). This one might be put in a later tier. I FC'd it, but to a new player, this one is definitely more difficult than some of the others.

Living in America- I just played it an hour ago and I'm finding it hard to remember. I think it was mostly regular chords and a pathetic solo. Probably 3rd tier or 2nd.

Burn it Down- First tier without a doubt. I've never been so bored.

Walking on the Sun- Pretty easy for the most part. Some of the chord changes might get some beginners.

Closer- Again, easy. Probably 2nd or 3rd tier. A few of the chord changes can be "trricky".

Fly Like an Eagle- Easily the hardest song I've done so far (I didn't even gold star it). This should NOT be warmup. Solid or moderate more like. Final tier without a doubt.

Rooster- Has to be an encore (how could it not). Probably 3rd tier encore. Some of the chord changes can be tough for beginners.

More Human Than Human- Probably a late game song. It's very easy but you pretty much need to alt strum the chorus and that isn't a beginner technique.

Cold As Ice- Very hard to rank. Extremely easy, but the solo is probably the hardest in this entire "game", even if it is only like two seconds. Probably 3rd tier or 4th.

White Rabbit- Not an early song...there's a lot of alt strumming here and 3 button chords throughout. It is pretty short though...

I Won't Back Down- Easy for the most part. The chorus is the one thing that would have me put it a bit farther down the list, but it's not a big deal.

Smoke on the Water- Extremely easy except for the solo. That might put it down a bit.

Hey- Very easy, nothing hard here. Probably tier 2.

I Love Rock N' Roll- No longer the first song here folks. Might even be tier 3.

You've Got Another Thing Comin'- Pretty easy but the solo is rough. Might be tier 5 or so.

Werewolves of London- Tough for this game. Will definitely be last tier.

In the End- Easiest song ever. Will most likely be opening song.

Me Enamora- The toughest song so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the toughest of the bunch. Should not be Apprentice.

Just Like Heaven- Not too bad, however the chord changes can be brutal to beginners, and there's a lot of triplets here. Probably be in one of the last tiers.

Numb- Very easy, nothing remotely hard here. May end up being the encore of the first tier.

So...that's that. I don't know if anyone cares about doing this, but I thought it could be fun, and things are a lot funner when you do them with other people. This could be a group project, and it could motivate people to FC songs by going back to see how hard they are.

One last thing. Try to make the encores epic songs (for example, I Need You Tonight wouldn't be an encore). I want to make this up as if it was an actual game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: