FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 Strat replacing Overdrive button with "Share Button"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rickles  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject: Rock Band 4 Strat replacing Overdrive button with "Shar Reply with quote

This is the best picture I can find so far. I was actually really looking forward to moving to the Strat. Now I'm not so sure. I'm a strictly button activation kind of guy. The new tilt sensor is promising, but I don't want to grind out songs and learn to tilt squeeze. They've got some 'splainin to do...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh oh.
this is something I hadn't thought about. I hope there's a solution to this. :s

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
ricecake  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, Rocksmith has disabled the Share functionality due to music licensing issues, so maybe RB4 will have this same restriction and the Share button will act as the overdrive activation button, and they just have to call it the Share button instead of Select since that's the new name for it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
From what I understand, Rocksmith has disabled the Share functionality due to music licensing issues, so maybe RB4 will have this same restriction and the Share button will act as the overdrive activation button, and they just have to call it the Share button instead of Select since that's the new name for it?

I have rocksmith for PS4 but even though recording is disabled the share button still acts on a system level and takes screenshots / opens the share menu.

I PM'd a HMX dev that was posting on another forum who pretty much confirmed that the share button is system level and there's nothing they can do about it. He has not responded to my request to quote him and share the post so I will respect that. However, I'm quite certain that button activation has gone the way of the dodo. That all said, the new tilt sensor they are talking up better be damn good. I'm bummed but I'm trying my best to not let this bring me down.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might just be to be the same as standards on the new consoles. Looking at my DS4 (which I use with my PS3, I don't have a PS4), the typical "select" button is called "Share" now, so it could just be a nomenclature thing.

EDIT: I can't read and said nothing new, sorry

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not like it matters, because button activating on the Strat is borderline impossible anyway.

Give us a properly placed OD/SP button please, thanks. Probably the main reason I can't stand the RB guitars.

slashn0  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blehgopie wrote:
Not like it matters, because button activating on the Strat is borderline impossible anyway.

not true

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
dconrad23  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blehgopie wrote:

I like exactly where the OD button is on the strat. I can easily hit it with any finger except my thumb, and I can easily strum and hit it simultaneously. I haven't been able to do either on a GH guitar.

I only activate with the button; the first thing I do to a new guitar is cut out the tilt sensor. I really hope there is still button activation on the new guitars, even if the tilt sensor is improved, as I doubt it could be as precise as button activating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: