FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 4 May Not Feature Harmonies & Huge Rock Band Sale For 360

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jokeman24  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Rock Band 4 May Not Feature Harmonies & Huge Rock Band S Reply with quote

Apparently harmonies are TBD according to harmonix and there is a huge rock band sale on DLC packs, rock band 3 and blitz for the xbox 360. See the link for all info.

https://youtu.be/L9NT5NCnhgU
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure if they didn't include harmonies there would be a big backlash. Harmonies, unlike keys and pro guitar, have been in every major release since The Beatles. Plus it's not that much extra work to chart compared to keys and pro guitar. If they don't include it, that might be the first Rock Band game I don't buy.
iimeade  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Did you really make a video based on literally one tweet?

Also, it's to be determined. That means that if enough people complain and say that they really want it, they'll keep it in.

It's honestly a non-issue.

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

core mechanics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmonies are a pretty simple thing to chart and they bring a lot of quality to the game. I don't really see why they'd remove them

Also I was under the impression that they were already confirmed anyway
IGN wrote:
Harmonix adds that theyre getting back to the core Rock Band experience, and thus keyboard will not be supported (though the vocal harmonies added in The Beatles: Rock Band will be).
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/05/rock-band-4-announced-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
harmonies are a pretty simple thing to chart and they bring a lot of quality to the game. I don't really see why they'd remove them

Also I was under the impression that they were already confirmed anyway
IGN wrote:
Harmonix adds that theyre getting back to the core Rock Band experience, and thus keyboard will not be supported (though the vocal harmonies added in The Beatles: Rock Band will be).
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/05/rock-band-4-announced-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

We all were- but Harmonix's account tweeted specifically to a user saying that harmonies were TBD.
avree  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for catching this, I totally missed it. Harmonix isn't the billion-dollar outfit they used to be.

It'd be cliche to smash my guitar and say I'm going to quit, but more and more, it seems like RB4 is shaping up to be amateur hour. I'm worried that Harmonix is going to look like an over-the-hill has-been dad rock effort from a studio that can't hack it anymore. If there's going to be a schism between RB3 and RB4, dropping harmonies would certainly drive a wedge even deeper. Every day, I play with keys and harmonies, and I don't want to lose half my band over features that the volunteers on C3 are able to do every day.

I hope this gets cleared up real soon, although I'd like an excuse to skip out on another XBox.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna reiterate the point iimeade made in that as a "to be determined" feature, that makes it way more likely that HMX is willing to support it if demand is shown. It's not like it was an outright "this won't be in the game" like keys had.

It was probably a comment made by the RB PR team to be as little of a statement on whether they'd be in the game as possible, while they're still figuring out exact details of everything. It's not any more an indication that harmonies won't be a feature than they will be.

Also, unlike keys, harmonies are supported in the most recent DLC.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avree wrote:
It'd be cliche to smash my guitar and say I'm going to quit, but more and more, it seems like RB4 is shaping up to be amateur hour. I'm worried that Harmonix is going to look like an over-the-hill has-been dad rock effort from a studio that can't hack it anymore.

It's like you talk entirely in headlines from websites I hate.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys just announced Rock Band 4, and you won't BELIEVE what features they forgot

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
iimeade  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
These guys just announced Rock Band 4, and you won't BELIEVE what features they forgot

FOUR instruments in Rock Band 4 that will shock you!

parzrevenge wrote:
stop trying to be pieman 2015
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: