FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Visions Bridge on Bass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Visions Bridge on Bass Reply with quote

Although very unlikely to happen (or ever for the attempt to happen), but if someone could teach me to FC this section (I am generally really shit at strumming constantly changing rhythms) then I might go for the RB FSFC (Only other hard song I haven't FC'd yet is Caught in A Mosh).

Seems really weird not having a single RB FGFC, too lazy I guess.

P.S does anyone have a FSFC of both RB and GH bass? If not extra incentive to be the first

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Visions Bridge on Bass Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
P.S does anyone have a FSFC of both RB and GH bass? If not extra incentive to be the first

Pas did pre-Blitz so you can technically get first now (afaik) so gogo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Visions Bridge on Bass Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
Although very unlikely to happen (or ever for the attempt to happen), but if someone could teach me to FC this section (I am generally really shit at strumming constantly changing rhythms) then I might go for the RB FSFC (Only other hard song I haven't FC'd yet is Caught in A Mosh).

I have the RB FSFC of Bass only, so go ahead. I don't plan on doing GH for a long time ;P
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Visions Bridge on Bass Reply with quote

Grand-master wrote:
superspaz117 wrote:

I have the RB FSFC of Bass only, so go ahead. I don't plan on doing GH for a long time ;P

Same :p

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Visions Bridge on Bass Reply with quote

DarthFizz wrote:
Grand-master wrote:
superspaz117 wrote:

Same :p

Any tips for the bridge then?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Visions Bridge on Bass Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
Any tips for the bridge then?

When your past 50,000 points that means your in the clear so try not to
miss alot of notes. If you do you will get a good average!

Sea ya

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play it over and over and over and over. Play it until you are sick of it and can't stand it. Then, play it some more. Play it on all speeds, starting with 70%, and slowly work your way up. Get to the point where an FC on one speed is practically a certainty, then practice it on the next. A section like this really emphasizes the "practice makes perfect" mantra. You are a skilled player, and you are definitely capable of it. Just dedicate yourself to it fully and with enough time and pressure, the FC will be yours. As for technical advice, I would say spend most of your time in 2nd position, with your index finger on red. For reference to speed, I would check out this video. It might be worth noting that a slight change to your lag settings could be beneficial depending on your play style (playing early, late, etc) and moving the timing window around to suit your needs. Good luck! Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I literally FCed the section for the first time just now. Let me use this post to explain how I mentally group the notes and where I accent downstrums and upstrums.

Note: this is how I managed to hit it on the RB2 NTSC version. This will work even better on RB3 since there is no strum limit.

1: Downstrum
2: Upstrum (d and u wouldn't line up with the freticons)
h: Use HOPO

_
1 2 12121 _ 1 2 1 2 12121 <------- 13 NPS strumming should do it.

1 2 1 2 12121212121h12 1 2 12121 2 1 21212 <------- Aim closer to 14 NPS for this part, but don't go above that if you're on RB2 NTSC. This is the hardest part by far.

_
1 2 1 2 121212 _ 1 2 1 2 12h121h1h12 <------- Use the HOPOs but be careful not to strum too early.

1 2 1 2121 1 2 1 2 12121 <------- 13 NPS for this part as well.

_
1 2 1 2121212 _ 1 2 1 2 1212 1 <------- 14 NPS for the longer streak to be safe.

121212121212 <------ Strum this at around 10-11 NPS.

121212121212 1212121212 121212121 1 <------- Try to fluctuate between 10 and 13 NPS.

12121212 1 2 1212 1 2 121212121 2 1 2 1 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 <------- Start early and strum at 13 NPS. Notice the double downstrum after the fast part.

Bridge B is a long 12.7 NPS green streak with one tiny break, which skips an upstrum, and ends on a downstrum.

Again this whole thing takes a LOT of time to learn and even more time to get down, so I would suggest using this as a starting point if you have no idea how to break things down.

EDIT: Here's a reference video. I would suggest slowing it down to study the patterns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngn6N9VbYv8

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: