FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Communicating online as a drummer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cactus  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Communicating online as a drummer Reply with quote

My rl buddies have been getting somewhat bored with rock band recently and so I've looked online to fuel my drumming addiction, but I've hit a bit of a problem. I have the bundled xbox controller microphone (the one that molds to the controller) and it works just fine, however I can't get it to connect to my rockband drumset

Has anyone found a solution that works for this without dropping 29$ or whatever on a new mic? =\
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Cactass
Zknet  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Communicating online as a drummer Reply with quote

Cactus wrote:
My rl buddies have been getting somewhat bored with rock band recently and so I've looked online to fuel my drumming addiction, but I've hit a bit of a problem. I have the bundled xbox controller microphone (the one that molds to the controller) and it works just fine, however I can't get it to connect to my rockband drumset

Has anyone found a solution that works for this without dropping 29$ or whatever on a new mic? =\

RB comes with a couple of adapters to make that connection. One is a piece of plastic that fits over the end of your headset and the other is a wire that extends your headset's connection.

They tend to not fit completely without some pressure.
Swarmy  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, make sure to plug it in all the way or it'll make annoying static sounds, and you'll probably be kicked if you're not the leader.
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro tip: Mute your mic whilst playing a song!

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
iagomonk  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...whilst?

Thy post harkens to an elder tyme.
Cactus  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iagomonk wrote:
...whilst?

I tried searching through the forums hoping I wouldn't make a dupe.. sorry if I did... I guess I'll go searching through my RockBand box hoping that I overlooked such an adapter?

Thanks for the input regardless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Cactass
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be in the same small, almost cubic box that the USB hub was in. There are two of them, wrapped in plastic. Good luck!

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cactus wrote:
iagomonk wrote:
...whilst?

I tried searching through the forums hoping I wouldn't make a dupe.. sorry if I did... I guess I'll go searching through my RockBand box hoping that I overlooked such an adapter?

Thanks for the input regardless.

They come in a little white box. Mine actually came with 2 adapters (1 for guitar, 1 for drums).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it... being a packrat pays off for once!

Thanks gurn/huwonk.
JWideman  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the role of that little plastic piece anyway? With the headset that came with the xbox, there's no place for it to go that I can see.
MHSTenor09  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWideman wrote:
What is the role of that little plastic piece anyway? With the headset that came with the xbox, there's no place for it to go that I can see.

It's actually intended to tightly connect the headset to to adapter cord.
It helps a lot while playing some drum songs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iagomonk wrote:
...whilst?

Yay verily.

Well the 360 headset has that big plastic plug in chunk thats shaped like the controller.
Doesnt exactly fit in smooth into the drums or guitar.
So you plug that into the lil holder so you have a clean shaped jack to fit flush into the drums/guitar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: