FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What do you want to see in Rock Band 4?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
holy crap there's a lot of rage around here.

You'd have expected more positivity and excitement, eh?
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
SpoonMan wrote:
holy crap there's a lot of rage around here.

You'd have expected more positivity and excitement, eh?

Sounds like something a pro guitar hating casual who hates a challenge and also hates everyone who has touched a god tier plastic midi guitar which is better than five lane because it's more than five buttons would say.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
As mentioned earlier, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin are probably the most notable omissions from rhythm games. However the chances of either agreeing to that is pretty much none.

Personally I have no idea what a RB4 setlist would look like, I do kind of hope it would lean more towards RB2 though with a setlist full of not as well known songs that are tremendously fun to play as opposed to RB3's pretty mediocre setlist.

I actually knew a lot of the RB2 setlist, but I do agree that RB3's list was pretty bad. That game had a lot of unknown songs that nobody asked for and were pretty boring to play.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to the newest episode of the Harmonix podcast and they claimed the survey was just to get a "state of the union" and that it doesn't really mean anything is being made, but it kinda sounded tongue-in-cheek, hard to tell how serious they were.

On the subject of music we're missing, I'm watching the System Of A Down show from last month and it reminds me just how great they are and how fun their charts are. What we're sorely missing is more of the new stuff from Hyptonize and Mezmorize since that came out toward the tail end of the era and we only got 1 or maybe 2 of the new songs.

Off topic I wish that band would get their emotional shit together and do a proper tour or maybe even (gasp) a new record cause they're so unique and unlike anyone else out there, it's so refreshing to hear something that isn't like a thousand other bands.
Brandon007  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJSalt about an argument that is now water under the bridge.

Some music we are missing:
Billy Joel (preferably some 70s albums)
The Who (primarily Tommy or Leeds)
The Beatles Rock Band 2 (A man can dream can't he?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: johnlennon007 PSN Name: mrjohnlennon007
mninp  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Band: Rush, Iron Maiden, Megadeth or Dream Theater would be my dream come true. Any of these.

But we're honestly not likely to get any more artist based games, especially since they're trying to get off their feet with a new RB game to begin with. Less variety sells less.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
I listened to the newest episode of the Harmonix podcast and they claimed the survey was just to get a "state of the union" and that it doesn't really mean anything is being made, but it kinda sounded tongue-in-cheek, hard to tell how serious they were.

On the subject of music we're missing, I'm watching the System Of A Down show from last month and it reminds me just how great they are and how fun their charts are. What we're sorely missing is more of the new stuff from Hyptonize and Mezmorize since that came out toward the tail end of the era and we only got 1 or maybe 2 of the new songs.

Off topic I wish that band would get their emotional shit together and do a proper tour or maybe even (gasp) a new record cause they're so unique and unlike anyone else out there, it's so refreshing to hear something that isn't like a thousand other bands.

agree 100% on this. we've listened to both album during the week-end with friends and all of us still knew the lyrics/beat even tho it's been out for close to 10 years now. it stand the test of time so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
Rock Band: Rush, Iron Maiden, Megadeth or Dream Theater would be my dream come true. Any of these.

But we're honestly not likely to get any more artist based games, especially since they're trying to get off their feet with a new RB game to begin with. Less variety sells less.
There is a metric ton of Rush, Iron Maiden, and Megadeth already in the games. This wasn't a general wishlight, we were talking specifically about artists that either arent in the game at all or may have one or two tracks that should have a lot more.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps someday we'll see another ACDC master.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
mninp wrote:

There is a metric ton of Rush, Iron Maiden, and Megadeth already in the games. This wasn't a general wishlight, we were talking specifically about artists that either arent in the game at all or may have one or two tracks that should have a lot more.

Yeah, there's a million songs I personally want in the games that aren't there. The tough part is coming up with songs a million people want that they haven't already gotten and can still get. That being said, they could fill it out with a lot of bands they already had, but didn't grab a well known song from. Or maybe in the years since the licensing realities have changed with some artists.

There's also a lot of room outside of the really intricate or iconic instrumentation that we can get stuck in as og hardcore leet gamers. Also a lack of black artists to sort of point at an elephant in the room. Whitney Houston, Marvin Gaye, Ray Charles, Muddy Waters, Chuck Barry, Parliament, Bad Brains, Run DMC, Janelle Monae, Kanye West, etc. I'm not saying anyone is consciously avoiding them, but they should start consciously looking into them a bit more.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, how could I forget Prince!
Ninmi  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna go on and dream big here, no matter how impropable it is.
Playing Osu! for the past year or so, I can't help but want some of the things osu does in Rock Band 4 as well. Osu does competitive stuff well, and most importantly the social side is very, very well handled; chats are integrated within the client with localised channels for various countries and you can spectate top players or your friends and talk to them directly (if they wish). And they're taking it further with the future team implementations and tournaments. I think Rock Band could gain a great amount of sustainability with much more competitive aspects and strong community integrations.

So, basically, I'd want Rock Band on PC. And I'd want it to be Osu!Hero. But I will buy it if it appears on 360, though. Even if it's just the same old same old. And lastly, I just want to see the community behind this series revived. I want new top players to arrive, new unbeateable songs eventually FCd, streamers going for top plays and hype hype hype.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAUOPHqx5Gs
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see an improved pro keys mode in Rock Band 4, with a 4 or 5 octave keyboard and songs charted for two hands. But with the lack of keys in the recent DLC and the negative news about pro guitar and keys in the recent FAQ from Harmonix, that doesn't seem likely. Oh well, at least I have Synthesia.

inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a minor feature, but I'd like a return of crowd singing.

A lot of songs had a better overall experience because HMX bothered to make up what sounds like the crowd singing along to the song you're playing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
It's a minor feature, but I'd like a return of crowd singing.

A lot of songs had a better overall experience because HMX bothered to make up what sounds like the crowd singing along to the song you're playing.

This was awesome. I'd love to see this back.

Women love HONESTY and INTEGRITY. If you can fake those, you're in! - Cosmo

Real guitars don't Click!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: