FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What do you want to see in Rock Band 4?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: What do you want to see in Rock Band 4? Reply with quote

Harmonix posted this to the Rock Band facebook page.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/87174/a-rock-band-return-tour-what-we-need-to-see

Quote:
A Rock Band Return Tour: What We Need to See

The Guitar Hero and Rock Band franchises are a bit of an anomaly. While rhythm games have always been a big hit overseas, with a plethora of arcade and console titles available besides the Dance Dance Revolution series, the United States has typically been unreceptive to the genre. This all ended in 2005 with the release of Guitar Hero by RedOctane/Harmonix. Guitar Hero became an overnight hit and spawned a host of successors. After the release of Guitar Hero, RedOctane was acquired by Activision, which continued to release games under the Guitar Hero moniker. In the meantime, Harmonix teamed up with EA and created Rock Band, which not only played guitar, but added drums and vocals to the mix.

By 2009 Activision had saturated the market with Guitar Hero after Guitar Hero, none of them particularly innovative and going for full or near full retail price for titles that amounted to little more than expansion packs. Rock Band did a bit better, keeping their releases to a minimum and offering content as DLC, but they too failed to differ in features from title to title. Although there was a bit of franchise fatigue from consumers, the series remained profitable for a long while. However, figures eventually declined and both EA and Activision decided to pull the plug on their respective series. With the release of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock on September 28, 2010 and the release of Rock Band 3 on October 26 that same year, the doors were closed on further development on future titles for these series.

Aside from vague speculation, there have been no concrete plans to bring back either series up until recently. In the past year Harmonix Chief Creative Officer Alex Rigopulos has stated on several occasions that Harmonix has plans to revive the Rock Band series for eighth-generation consoles, and that the company is just waiting for the right time to plan a revival. On the other hand, there have been some rather vague rumblings of possible Guitar Hero coming back as well. While these claims are far from concrete, it at least gives some hope for fans of the series.
While we wait for actual details or an official announcement of a release, here are several features wed like to see in a new Rock Band game.

Backwards Compatibility
Practically every household and Goodwill Store in America has at least one Guitar Hero or Rock Band guitar laying around and collecting dust (or in my case, still being used regularly.) It would be absolutely wonderful if players didnt have to drop another $120 dollars on peripherals they already own. DLC compatibility would also be a great feature. Being able to transfer the $500 or so dollars of songs I have from my Xbox 360 to a new console would do a lot to put me at ease as I wait for the inevitable day when Microsoft shuts down support for 360 on Xbox Live and my poor first-gen hard drive finally dies.

Expand Online and Competitive Modes
With a lot of the fans of Rock Band now being older, online play is a must. While I cant always go over to a friends house, I can most certainly hop online for a playlist or two. Support for the Kinect and PlayStation Eye would be a plus as this game is just as much about connecting and having fun with other people as it is about rhythm. Although Rock Band 3 really nailed cooperative mode, it would be nice to see more diversity in competitive play. With fans having less time on their hands it would be cool to be able to take your band in tour mode and try and outscore your friends band, like a more personalized version of the online leader board system.
No More Pro Mode

When Rock Band 3 came out there wasnt really any realistic guitar simulator, so Pro mode was fairly innovative. However, needing to buy a new and expensive controller in addition to having to purchase add-ons to DLC songs that you wanted to play in PRO mode was a huge turn off. In addition, Pro mode took attention off developing and improving other features. The final product was practically a clone of Rock Band 2, aside from the Pro Mode. With Rocksmith doing the same thing but better I believe that Harmonix would better serve their customers by ditching Pro mode and working on the main game experience.

Customizable Difficulty
The difficulty increase between medium and hard was a gigantic leap for some people. With a game that is best played with friends it would be nice to see a customizable difficulty option because no one wants to be stuck on easy or medium while their friends bust out 100%s on expert. Sure theres no-fail mode, but not everyone wants to play with that. Hopefully, Harmonix can implement a system based on how many buttons a player wants to use and a percentage of a songs beats per minute, that way a player could slowly ramp up to expert level instead of having to plateau at one difficulty only to be thrown back by the next one.

Auto-Calibration
It seems like every time I play Rock Band on a new TV I am forced to spend 20-30 minutes calibrating it. The experience of calibrating, play a song and seeing that its still off, repeat, is always frustrating, especially for a game where timing is absolutely crucial. With LED TVs being the norm these days I hope Harmonix can utilize the extra processing power of the PS4 and Xbox One to adjust for the slightly lower response time of modern TVs.
Rock Band will always have a special place in my heart, and I still get around to playing it at least once a month or so. Although Ive reviewed and written about many games, from AAA titles to the worst kinds of shovelware, I have seldom been able to match the fun and camaraderie that Rock Band has afforded me. I absolutely think that the next few years will be a great time for a new Rock Band. With so many games having online only multiplayer, it would be great to get a new option to get my loved ones together and sing my heart out for hours in my sock feet.

hewhoislikegod  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey singemfrc! It's so nice to see the site promotion and the epic career stats. <3 :)

If there is to be a Rock Band 4, I'd like to see a trophy/cheevo list that doesn't force players to purchase any more special peripherals in order to achieve them.

It's probably the main reason why I don't own Rock Band 3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: hewhoislikegod
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needless to say, I think I'm a little more loose regarding what I'd like to see in a new RB game. I'd just like less unappealing character animations/faces than in RB3 and a nice, varied tracklist that offers a good amount of fun challenge for all instruments. An interesting read nonetheless.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually like to see something like guitar hero's "focus mode" where there are no characters, just the note chart.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficulty customization sounds awful to be honest. There's a reason HMX switched to using all five on every difficulty. >__>

Focus Mode would be a very welcome addition though, it's probably the best thing in any GH game that's not also in RB.

I'd also love to see a return to the RB2 style BWT, which I maintain is the absolute best career mode in any western rhythm game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hewhoislikegod wrote:
If there is to be a Rock Band 4, I'd like to see a trophy/cheevo list that doesn't force players to purchase any more special peripherals in order to achieve them.

I'm sorry, but that's a terrible reason to not own RB3 (other than the fact the game has a ton of flaws, glitches, etc.)...Also, I completely disagree with ditching PRO. It's a nice alternative from playing regular instruments all the time and is a lot more challenging/demanding.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score duel pls. It was my favorite part of RB2 by a mile.
Alternity  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score Duels, REAL INSTRUMENT COMPATIBILITY (It's kind of required, with all those actual guitar games now...), please take your time with RB4, don't release it early like RB3, aka get rid of the bugs before releasing; TEST IT ADEQUATELY.

That's about all I ask, minus backward DLC compatibility, but we all know it probably won't happen.
hewhoislikegod  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
hewhoislikegod wrote:

I'm sorry, but that's a terrible reason to not own RB3 (other than the fact the game has a ton of flaws, glitches, etc.)...Also, I completely disagree with ditching PRO. It's a nice alternative from playing regular instruments all the time and is a lot more challenging/demanding.

Nobody said anything about "ditching PRO".

Instead of attacking my personal opinions, do what the thread title asks of you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: hewhoislikegod
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah pro guitar/bass/drums/keys/vox is a must. The only way to get challenged on 5 button is by playing crappy music you wouldnt normally listen to on a daily basis, unless your just weird. Like those "Souless II" type tracks (i think thats what its called) and all that guitar hero phenom type crap you see him posting up. (awaiting shots fired from fanboys :p )
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airtrooper719 wrote:
Yeah pro guitar/bass/drums/keys/vox is a must. The only way to get challenged on 5 button is by playing crappy music you wouldnt normally listen to on a daily basis, unless your just weird. Like those "Souless II" type tracks (i think thats what its called) and all that guitar hero phenom type crap you see him posting up. (awaiting shots fired from fanboys :p )

I'd personally say that a lot of the hardest songs in RB are interesting musically and I appreciate them being in the game, even Visions and Your Treachery and so on. They add breadth of musical experience where some people would have us only getting classic rock and nu metal. Opinions are fun.

Personally I can't stand Chaotrope and Shylo Elliott's songs (who made the closest things in RB to Soulless) but I'd buy ExileLord (the guy who made the Soulless series of songs) or preb's songs instantly, as dumb as they are. (A Very Quick 1819 Notes and Misadventure for RB4 bonus songs plz)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hewhoislikegod wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:
hewhoislikegod wrote:

Nobody said anything about "ditching PRO".

Instead of attacking my personal opinions, do what the thread title asks of you.
Quote:
No More Pro Mode
When Rock Band 3 came out there wasnt really any realistic guitar simulator, so Pro mode was fairly innovative. However, needing to buy a new and expensive controller in addition to having to purchase add-ons to DLC songs that you wanted to play in PRO mode was a huge turn off. In addition, Pro mode took attention off developing and improving other features. The final product was practically a clone of Rock Band 2, aside from the Pro Mode. With Rocksmith doing the same thing but better I believe that Harmonix would better serve their customers by ditching Pro mode and working on the main game experience.
Learn how to read and the first sentence was only directed towards you, the other two were my opinion on what's quoted above.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
Score duel pls. It was my favorite part of RB2 by a mile.
Yeah, I think this is a big reason why the franchises died out. If you look at the really successful games and franchises, competitive online gameplay is a huge driving force. I really don't know why they ditched such a fun aspect of RB2. Bringing back competitive gameplay and expanding it, I think, will be a huge key to the reception of RB4.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Airtrooper719 wrote:

I'd personally say that a lot of the hardest songs in RB are interesting musically and I appreciate them being in the game, even Visions and Your Treachery and so on. They add breadth of musical experience where some people would have us only getting classic rock and nu metal. Opinions are fun.

Personally I can't stand Chaotrope and Shylo Elliott's songs (who made the closest things in RB to Soulless) but I'd buy ExileLord (the guy who made the Soulless series of songs) or preb's songs instantly, as dumb as they are. (A Very Quick 1819 Notes and Misadventure for RB4 bonus songs plz)

Not to disrespect the composers, thats not what I meant. But you got to admit, those songs started turning "guitar" hero into something like "synth" hero or keyboard hero lol.

Your right, opinions are always wide and diverse, im just one of those who would prefer to play only guitar licks, if I have chose to play the guitar parts.
hewhoislikegod  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
Learn how to read and the first sentence was only directed towards you, the other two were my opinion on what's quoted above.

The fact that I do know how to read is the at the base of my defense.

Your first sentence was directed towards me and then there was no break in the paragraph, which means the rest was following the same point.

Maybe you should learn how to write so you don't confuse how others read. ;)

I still love you, though.

Last edited by hewhoislikegod on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: