FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PS3 Rock Band Customs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodRockr  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: PS3 Rock Band Customs Reply with quote

No, this isn't a thread asking if it's possible.

This is a thread announcing that it's been done.

http://pksage.com/ccc/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1678

There's a guide posted at the above link. All the guide pretains to is converting custom Xbox 360 RB3 DLC to custom PS3 DLC. It works with both CON and LIVE files.

Of course, you'll need a jailbroken PS3 on custom firmware.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it easy to jailbreak a PS3? Im going to move over to PSN in a week or so and would like to transfer my pro guitar customs over to it?

Edit: Infact do I even need to have it jailbroken for custom Pro Upgrades?
Alternity  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, for any custom related content on PS3 you need to have a custom firmware installed, so in other words, you need it to be jailbroken.

If your console is updated higher than 3.55 (IIRC), you'll need to gather some tools to solder... no other way around.

If your console is 3.55 or lower (very unlikely), you can download the custom firmware you want and install it to your PS3.

I wouldn't try to go online with a custom firmware unless you know what you're doing. (If you don't know what you're doing (like me), your chances of getting banned are HIGH).

Conclusion: If you're only modifying a console to get customs on RB: either get an X360 or get an already modified PS3, or get a wii and a PC SD card reader.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternity wrote:
Yes, for any custom related content on PS3 you need to have a custom firmware installed, so in other words, you need it to be jailbroken.

If your console is updated higher than 3.55 (IIRC), you'll need to gather some tools to solder... no other way around.

If your console is 3.55 or lower (very unlikely), you can download the custom firmware you want and install it to your PS3.

I wouldn't try to go online with a custom firmware unless you know what you're doing. (If you don't know what you're doing (like me), your chances of getting banned are HIGH).

Conclusion: If you're only modifying a console to get customs on RB: either get an X360 or get an already modified PS3, or get a wii and a PC SD card reader.

Got it! Im going to stay on XBL after hearing that lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: