FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Is FC'ing a song on harmonies the same as FC'ing on solo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Is FC'ing a song on harmonies the same as FC'ing on solo? Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this was brought up before, but I'm bring up this question because on green day I can't really sing any of the solo parts well. I kept wishing I could sing harmonies and then it was brought to my attention that GD:RB did have harmonies. I tried playing homecoming on solo and took me awhile to get through it on training, but when I play it on harmonies I FC'ed every section first try... What's the verdict on this one?

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that the solo part is not always the same as the lead harmony. So, is that the case for this song? If so, I personally won't mind, as long as you submit the score under harmonies. Though, you should try for a re-FC; I know you can do it.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
Remember that the solo part is not always the same as the lead harmony. So, is that the case for this song? If so, I personally won't mind, as long as you submit the score under harmonies. Though, you should try for a re-FC; I know you can do it.

But the song is so long.... :p

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that around half the time, the solo vocals line is more that just the blue line from the harmony part. So no, an FC on harmonies should never be counted as an FC on solo. Green Day might be giving you trouble since Dirnt's harmonies are so goddamn loud (especially on American Idiot), so take it into practice and use the pitch guide.
Singing harmonies is going to hurt you more than help you going for vox FGFCs since you'll learn lines you aren't singing in solo. Practice mode is your friend.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
I would say that around half the time, the solo vocals line is more that just the blue line from the harmony part. So no, an FC on harmonies should never be counted as an FC on solo. Green Day might be giving you trouble since Dirnt's harmonies are so goddamn loud (especially on American Idiot), so take it into practice and use the pitch guide.
Singing harmonies is going to hurt you more than help you going for vox FGFCs since you'll learn lines you aren't singing in solo. Practice mode is your friend.

Gotcha

I guess I'll just play it first whenever I turn on RB and if I get it on solo then I get it, otherwise I'll just make it my last one.

HerbieHero wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: