FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LEGO Rock Band Master FC Breakdown: Done!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchupyoshi  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Final Countdown is by far the easiest song here. The zigzags may be fast, but they are simple enough pattern-wise to hit with very little practice once you have the skill to hit them in the first place.

I would consider the solo in Monster to be the hardest section in the game. The strumming is extremely arrythmic with a couple of weird fret changes and you basically have to practice it over and over again until you memorize how many times to strum on each fret. Even once you've learned it, you have to be extremely lucky to hit it in a real run. Fortunately, there is only one major choke point and a couple of minor choke points after the solo and the first half of the song is easy.

Even though Short and Sweet may not have anything quite as difficult as Monster's solo, there are over twice as many places to choke and the song has much more consistent difficulty. A choke is likely to happen in solo 1A, 1C, and almost anywhere in the last solo. Solo 1C has a brutal combination of awkward fretting and random strums that make it the second hardest section in the game for me. I still choked 6 times after the random strum section before ultimately getting the FC. I could see an argument being made for Monster being harder because of its solo, but I think Short and Sweet is harder due to its unrelenting overall difficulty.

The Final Countdown<Monster<Short and Sweet

[X] Rock Band Blitz 1,000,000 points in BEER
[X] Rock Band Blitz 50+ bounce pinball
[X] FC Prequel to the Sequel X Guitar
[X] 5-star all three versions of TTFAF X Guitar
[X] 5-star Headed for the Ditch X Guitar
[X] GS Caprici di Diablo X Guitar
[ ] 5-star Roundabout X Pro Keys
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Guitar
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Bass
[X] RB3 Expert Bass FGFC
[X] Lego Rock Band Expert Guitar FGFC
[ ] Full music library vocals FC
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Final Countdown" is the easiest for reasons that don't need explaining.

Also, I feel compelled to say I find "Monster" harder than "Short and Sweet".

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
llamajobuddy  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Final Countdown
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Final Countdown.

Monster is a piece of shit, but S&S still is harder imo.
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Final Countdown without a doubt.
BobDole  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Final Countdown

This song was actually a huge pain in the ass for me for some reason, but it was still far easier than either of the other 2 songs. I think it clearly deserves this spot though.

Quote:
I think everyone agrees that S&S is hardest though.

Yeah no...and I'm not even the first person to disagree with that statement. I can see why people think Short and Sweet's harder, and I fully expect it to beat Monster, but I have planned since the start of the thread to make an argument for Monster as hardest song in the game. I won't do it just yet though because it isn't relevant to this round.

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 44: Which of these songs is easiest to FC on expert guitar?

Monster
Short and Sweet

I guess I'm the crazy person who thinks that hard strumming is easier than hard fretting. I personally think Monster is way WAY easier than S&S.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
Ketchupyoshi  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's finally time for Monster to go. It put up a good fight, but Short and Sweet deserves the last spot.

[X] Rock Band Blitz 1,000,000 points in BEER
[X] Rock Band Blitz 50+ bounce pinball
[X] FC Prequel to the Sequel X Guitar
[X] 5-star all three versions of TTFAF X Guitar
[X] 5-star Headed for the Ditch X Guitar
[X] GS Caprici di Diablo X Guitar
[ ] 5-star Roundabout X Pro Keys
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Guitar
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Bass
[X] RB3 Expert Bass FGFC
[X] Lego Rock Band Expert Guitar FGFC
[ ] Full music library vocals FC
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchupyoshi wrote:

I would consider the solo in Monster to be the hardest section in the game. The strumming is extremely arrythmic with a couple of weird fret changes and you basically have to practice it over and over again until you memorize how many times to strum on each fret. Even once you've learned it, you have to be extremely lucky to hit it in a real run. Fortunately, there is only one major choke point and a couple of minor choke points after the solo and the first half of the song is easy.

Even though Short and Sweet may not have anything quite as difficult as Monster's solo, there are over twice as many places to choke and the song has much more consistent difficulty. A choke is likely to happen in solo 1A, 1C, and almost anywhere in the last solo. Solo 1C has a brutal combination of awkward fretting and random strums that make it the second hardest section in the game for me. I still choked 6 times after the random strum section before ultimately getting the FC. I could see an argument being made for Monster being harder because of its solo, but I think Short and Sweet is harder due to its unrelenting overall difficulty.

Monster<Short and Sweet

This argument convinced me. So I vote Monster.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be that guy and say "Short and Sweet".

"Short and Sweet" is more based around nerves whereas "Monster" is more based around actually managing to hit its one tough section. I'm mainly making this association because, in the Warriors of Rock breakdown, "Chemical Warfare" is ranked harder than "Fury of the Storm"; "Fury" has more consistent difficulty, but "Chemical Warfare" still has the hardest section. I'm using that same logic here; while "Short and Sweet" has more consistent difficulty, that doesn't necessarily mean FCing it is less feasible than "Monster".

(That and "Monster" was a much harder FC for me personally than "Short and Sweet" was)

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
zage1337  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short and Sweet. Nothing in that song compares to the solo in Monster.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Monster has the single hardest section/solo in all of LRB. However, strumming song or not, one hard section or not, the 2nd hardest part in Monster (the post-solo bridge) is not harder than S&S's solo 2, and S&S overall is harder than Monster.

I suppose the comparison to CW vs. FotS (or, for something much earlier, One vs. TTFAF) is rather apt for this scaled-down version of one balls-hard section vs. multiple not-necessarily-as-hard-but-still-very-difficult sections, but I think I'd still lean more toward the song that has more consistent difficulty (especially post-hardest section in the song). I personally think now that CW vs. FotS is a lot closer than One vs. TTFAF or Monster vs. S&S because both have difficult strumming, some OMGWTF fretting (but not the section in FotS with the same name), and honestly comes down far more to which song you're more consistent at.

Meanwhile, One vs. TTFAF and Monster vs. S&S are both in the category of a song with a balls-hard section and a less difficult but still difficult 2nd section that can mess you up (One's Solo B-D, Monster's post-solo Bridge) against a song with multiple hard parts that can be difficult to consistently string together and one or two sections that just stand out from the rest (TTFAF'S SFAIII/Bridge I and Twin Solo, S&S's Solo 2).

It'd still be a tough call because S&S solos 1 and 2 are just enough to to be tougher than Monster, but at the end of the day I'd still S&S's swing and easier to miss-ness over Monster.

Short and Sweet

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
BobDole  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short and Sweet

Both the rhythm and the fret changes of Monster's solo are extremely random and, at least for me, required lots of hybrid strumming and use of HOPOs (I normally don't use HOPOs in strumming, but here I had to). That solo is by far the hardest section in the game for me. Short and Sweet has, for me, 3 real hard parts: The first fast run that starts at 22% of the first solo, the "random strums" (they're not actually random strums but that doesn't matter, you all know what I'm talking about) part at 54% of the first solo, and the quick little thing at 53% of the second solo (and to some extent, the fast run that comes shortly after that part). I'm referring to them by the percentages that occur in an FC run because I can't remember the section names and I would have to re-download Lego Rock Band to actually play the songs right now. I can clearly remember those being the trouble spots though.

Other than those parts, the rest of that soloing is fairly negligible, or at least not quite as big a deal as people make it out to be; it's not like the song is brutally difficult for the entirety of the soloing--the majority of it is easy. Regardless, that still gives Short and Sweet a decided advantage in "volume" of hard parts, but the parts aren't nearly as hard. The only one that even comes close is the "random strums" part, the others are just sorta "ok, focus here/be careful" moments.

In terms of personal trouble with the songs...it took me about 13 months after I FCed Short and Sweet to even hit the solo of Monster, and nearly another 5 months after that to FC Monster and complete the FGFC. By that point I had FCed Short and Sweet at least 3 times, possibly more. Now of course, I didn't spend the entire intervening interval grinding Monster, but I truly believe that, at the time I first FCed Short and Sweet, I just wasn't good enough to get Monster. I had 44/45 but Monster was a brick wall; the best I could do at that time was an 80% speed solo FC in practice. I wouldn't go so far as to say Monster is on another level, but it was much harder for me.

Also, I want to say that I disagree with the statements that Monster requires "luck." That's bullshit, and it unfairly trivializes the difficulty of Monster's solo. I suppose it's not impossible to get lucky on it in a way...but it's a pretty long section (about 14 seconds) and I think that you need to have some idea of how to hit it (or at least some familiarity with it) in order to even have a chance. It is true that less consistency is required for a Monster FC as compared to Short and Sweet...but Monster is not really that fluke-able of a song.

machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:

Also, I want to say that I disagree with the statements that Monster requires "luck." That's bullshit, and it unfairly trivializes the difficulty of Monster's solo. I suppose it's not impossible to get lucky on it in a way...but it's a pretty long section (about 14 seconds) and I think that you need to have some idea of how to hit it (or at least some familiarity with it) in order to even have a chance. It is true that less consistency is required for a Monster FC as compared to Short and Sweet...but Monster is not really that fluke-able of a song.

When I talk about Monster needing luck, I'm not talking about "oh, you could just get lucky and hit it, that makes it easier" so much as I'm saying "even if you practice it to infinity, it's so bizarre that you could still regularly have fluke misses"

It's not really that Monster requires less consistency than Short and Sweet, it's that it's almost impossible to become as consistent with Monster as you could Short and Sweet.

Of course, I still stand by my vote that Monster should go this round, but honestly I'm not going to be mad either way.
llamajobuddy  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster is easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25

Jump to: