FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pro Guitar - Green Grass and High Tides (upgrade)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Pro Guitar - Green Grass and High Tides (upgrade) Reply with quote

Whats up people, I am wondering just how many people are still interested in custom upgrades here.

I had a request to tab out GGAHT for RB3 Pro Guitar (and possibly bass dependant on the amount of interest).

If you would be somebody to download and enjoy this, let me know as it will be a long one to tab out properly!

Cheers guys. Keep on rockin' \m/\m/

Edit: As always I will be tabbing out expert ONLY
Conker64  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You absolutely should do it, fantastic song and I'd love to have it available as full pro band.
There aren't many pro guitarists out there but those who play pro g/b, they definitely care.
So go for it!
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the Rock Band 1 tab book that has pretty accurate tabs if not note for note.
Prince-Damian  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatStrat wrote:
If you get the Rock Band 1 tab book that has pretty accurate tabs if not note for note.

These books are not very accurate (BTW I'm not sure if this song is in any of them), often they're an approximation because whoever charted those books did not have access to the master track stems (some parts may be inaudible unless you've got separated parts).

Not to mention this particular track was a "as made famous by" version which is not played note for note like the original was, both versions have their own flourishes which makes them distinctive in their own right.

Last edited by Prince-Damian on Thu May 15, 2014 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
raynebc  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Grass and High Tides is in the RB1 tab book. I know this because I own the physical book. I can't really say how accurate it is for the cover version of the song though.
mario3166  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also encourage you to make this upgrade. Me and my friends still play weekly even though i haven't been very active on the upgrades lately. Great song!
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick interest guys and advice.

There is a great tab over at UG with a 5 star rating. I also took 10 minutes out to play a few riffs via Guitar Rig 5 and it sounds damn near perfect, and very very fun to play!

It may be a little while before I get it uploaded, but when I do you will all be the first to know, and if you want to play a full pro band run of it for youtube, just hit me up on XBL \m/\m/

As for bass tabs, Im going to try my best to find a good one. I dont own a bass guitar, so will have to basically interpret the notes using MIDI only rather than testing via the amp.
Conker64  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on how far along are you into making the upgrade?
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conker - currently in early stages. I am still looking for a decent bass tab. As I dont have a bass guitar currently, I will have to transcribe (just to be sure its in key) using Rocksmith's guitar to bass emulator.

I would rather do this one with both parts as it would be a nice addition for a lot of people in bandplay. Dont worry guys you will be updated but expect at least another few days as im very busy lately with work etc.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
Green Grass and High Tides is in the RB1 tab book. I know this because I own the physical book. I can't really say how accurate it is for the cover version of the song though.

They actually made RB tab books haha cool never knew that. But I do agree with prince damien, every tab book I ever bought was wrong. I remember buying a ride the lightning book about 8 years ago, and instructed me to play the whole hetfield part using 6 string barre chords (yeah wtf lol) anyway I will keep you all updated as much as I can. On that note if theres ANY upgrades you think would be extremely popular that nobody has attempted yet feel free to throw some suggesstions at me.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all you metalheads out there I have new 2 upgrades written to go along with this song when I finish it:

Emmure - Demons with Ryu
Devil Wears Prada - Hey John Whats Your Name Again?

Both are complete and tested, and they are good ******* fun \m/\m/
Conker64  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how's the upgrade coming along?
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol you really want that upgrade huh :D

Ok i'll try and get it done soon as I can, have gone back to rockband for a while now. You should go play my molly hatchet upgrade in the meantime, it will keep you happy for the time being, personally I think it is one of the most fun upgrades I have written so far!
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song is about halfway done. Im pretty much at a brickwall on 30% of the main solo though, the b*****s have deviated a lot from the original recording when they recorded this again for harmonix so trying to hear it note for note is literally giving me a headache!!
Conker64  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a ton of fun but Green Grass & High Tides was always one of my absolute favorites so I eagerly anticipate the release (bass is not that important for now,I mean it can be added sometime down the line).
Appreciate it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: