FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Discussion of Practice Mode FC'ing: Beast and the Harlot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Discussion of Practice Mode FC'ing: Beast and the Harlot Reply with quote

For anyone whos been following me in the community for the past while, they should know that I am a total of 6 songs away from achieving a Rock Band One Man Band Full Series FC.

One of these songs being RB3s "Beast and the Harlot", which is the last song I need to finish up my One Man Band Full Game FC of Rock Band 3.

Now I've been grinding this song on and off for the better part of .. well, a year and a half I guess. Trying it on a stock kit was a failure of epic proportions (as it became impossible to grind using it because of dropped notes), and grinding it on an Ion kit has been fucking ridiculously unfair .

I've hit the drum solo to this song many, many times (which is the hardest part). The only thing that's stopping me from getting this song done is the roll limit that only exists in Rock Band 3, for the Xbox 360 using the Ion Drum Rocker. The section that contains this hard part is the last quarter of the drum solo. While this has been hit in real runs, attempting it in real runs on Ions is 1000x harder than it should be and has only been hit a couple of times.

Now, to the reason why I'm making this thread:
Grinding this song for the amount of time that I have been is beyond frustrating (considering a year and a half has passed and I have NOT fc'd past the drum solo once in a real run), and its really unfair to do because these misses are completely out of my own control. Its the engine. Its just a grind that never ends.

And I want that to change. But I'm not about to spend $2000 to get an electronic kit so I can FC one damn song on drums, and there's no way I'm grinding this in the same way that I've been doing for so long.
So, my plan is to start grinding it in practice mode. And this is where I need peoples opinions.

Grinding this in practice mode does the following things in my eyes (positive and negative):

Positive

-Eliminates endless/pointless grinding and tons of frustration
-Boosts confidence and belief in achieving the FC
-Increases motivation to One Man Band Full Game FC Rock Band 3

Negative

-Does not show score, or note streak throughout the whole song
-Cant just take a picture, would have to take a video for it to be even considered an FC
-Does not have drum fills (which in this case for Beast and the Harlot is harder because the lanes after the drum solo are very commonly skipped, but its something that Id just have to suck up and do)
-There is the possibility of the video being faked if documented by means such as FC'ing the song at 70% speed and speeding up the footage

I've talked to some people about whether or not this could be considered an FC, IF I were to grind this in practice mode. 5/6 people that I've talked to so far (including fellow near-rb3-ombfgfcer thewinnerisgeeg) say that if I:

-Document the practice mode FC with internal AND external video
-Document the practice mode FC with splitscreen

, then there should be no reason as to why this shouldn't be considered an FC. Its still documenting me FC'ing the chart, just without the score and the note streak.

The main question I have about this is if I FC Beast and the Harlot on drums, in practice mode, with all the proof in the world that I would need, is it enough to give me the FC, which in turn gives me the One Man Band FC and the One Man Band Full Game FC of Rock Band 3?

I would love some feedback on this please.
mazegeek999PSN  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With stat screen pictures being faked now by using masked custom songs, I'd say you're fine. Even stat pictures aren't exactly "proof" anymore, and I'd say that if you take a video of yourself FCing in practice mode, that's legit to me.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's never been allowed in the past, but I never really got why. I personally don't see anything wrong with it so I'd say go ahead.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: