FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Amplitude HD Reboot Kickstarter - Funded!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Amplitude HD Reboot Kickstarter - Funded! Reply with quote

A rhythm-action music game for PlayStation4 & PlayStation3 based on Amplitude, the 2003 cult classic by Harmonix!

tl;dr - Amplitude is an awesome game. We want to make a successor for modern consoles (PlayStation3 and PlayStation4) but we NEED YOUR HELP!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harmonix/amplitude

Last edited by PlatStrat on Tue May 06, 2014 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: iseethruyou
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal opinion on this is that it's cool that they want to make a new Amplitude game, and I'd buy if it actually comes out, but I think their goal is a bit too high. Especially in only 17 days. I'd love to be proven wrong however which is why I decided to post this here so please support this if you want to.
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a new Amplitude. I want it to be available for Wii U. I want it to use a 4 button system, as opposed to 3 (Guitar Hero used 5 and Rock Band Blitz used 2). I want the lanes to loop together like in Frequency and Rock Band: Unplugged. I want the awesome power ups and VS. mode presented in the original Amplitude to make a comeback. I have been playing these controller based rhythm games (Frequency, Amplitude, Guitar Hero 1-3, Rock Band Unplugged, and most recently Rock Band Blitz) for years and I want the game to be insanely difficult.

I do not feel the game Harmonix has presented will satisfy my desire.
Season 9 Standard Controller Champion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
Barfo  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad that at least they are finally doing a project since blitz that I care about (none of this kinect/disney/FPS crap), so even if its not going to be as amazing as Amplitude was for me the first time i played it way back when, its still pretty cool. Should be able to hopefully just meet the goal with over 20% in the first day or two.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to the eventual $25m stretch goal to make RB4 becoming official.

I also really hope they consider other platforms.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire-Jekyll wrote:
I want a new Amplitude. I want it to be available for Wii U. I want it to use a 4 button system, as opposed to 3 (Guitar Hero used 5 and Rock Band Blitz used 2). I want the lanes to loop together like in Frequency and Rock Band: Unplugged. I want the awesome power ups and VS. mode presented in the original Amplitude to make a comeback. I have been playing these controller based rhythm games (Frequency, Amplitude, Guitar Hero 1-3, Rock Band Unplugged, and most recently Rock Band Blitz) for years and I want the game to be insanely difficult.

I do not feel the game Harmonix has presented will satisfy my desire.

You have comedically specific desires.

Here's hoping this kickstarter leads to something rad! 775k is a rough goal, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front-pages have been updated in hope of raising awareness. If anyone can help either with funding or spreading the word that'd be great.

It looks like this project will need another big wave of backers in the next 13 days to succeed.

I know many of us here would love to see this game come to fruition, so let's help make it happen!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never played the Amplitude games, but I have good faith it is going to be good. HMX can pull this goal off.

Now let's look at the backer goals. Hey, I can get my song in Amplitude. T Shades may be in Amplitude yet!
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
XRocker13  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please back this. This was one of my all time favorite games on the PS2. Think Rock Band Blitz but with 3 notes and an amazing soundtrack.
You know, there was a time when none of us had "uber skills" and right now, this guy has no "uber skills", so why dont you use your "uber skills" and try to help him get "uber skills" and maybe someday he can use his "uber skills" to help people get "uber skills" INSTEAD OF TAKING A HUGE SHIT ON HIM ABOUT NOT HAVING "UBER SKILLS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF7R9UwfLUM
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was also posted here on the red side.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=109977

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seven days left, and only $2.7k has been raised. I hate to say it, but unless HMX decides to extend the deadline (knowing HMX, though, they probably would) or Chroma becomes a sleeper hit, this just isn't going to make it.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

($285K has been raised).
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it likely wont happen but you never know. at least they know what kind of goal is realistic or maybe it's just not the right time.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As little as it helps, I backed it.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost another 100K since Friday, but it still might not be fast enough. I've already sextupled my original pledge, for the swag that comes with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: