FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Extra Points in Big Finish?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gear-Zero  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Extra Points in Big Finish? Reply with quote

Apparently you can earn a lot more points in the Big Finish on the drums by mashing away at the ABYX buttons on the actual drums instead of just hammering away at the drums themselves.

This is a good technique for attempting to attain Gold Stars. (:

I don't know if this would be considered cheating though, but I don't think it should be.
MavsPride41  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...*points to my topic below* I already posted this idea...but yeah I'm pretty sure it works better.
Drakken  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, what's the general consensus on this? If scores attained by playing songs with the buttons instead of the drum pads aren't allowed (which I'm not sure about), then I'd say using the buttons for ANY part of the song is wrong. If they are allowed, then obviously it's OK. I don't look highly on it, though. Play the way the game is meant to be played -- with the actual drums, not buttons.
10 million (currently 10.53 million!)

FC Epic

Cyberscore - Great high scores site for other games
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drakken688
Plaguefox  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drakken wrote:
If scores attained by playing songs with the buttons instead of the drum pads aren't allowed (which I'm not sure about)

Anyone successful at this with the buttons' standard configuration should have their console spit cookies at them. It's crazy hard trying to interpret. I'm sure with some training you could convince your mind but really the only way I can see the drum "buttons" as useful is during the BRE.
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually been doing this for a while now, but if you're at a tournament it would definitely be a bad idea to button mash, considering you might get disqualified.

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
trav3ler  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I tend to try to invent fills and actually play drums... it's more fun that way.

Goals:
Gold Star the main RB3 setlist [] (54/82)
That's gonna take a while... ><
Zknet  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't really add up to much more with drums. Guitar, yes... drums, no.

Drums BRE is setup to allow only a certain number of points per (second/beat/whatever). If I hit five notes a second, I'll get 200 points per hit -- If I play 1 note a second, I'll get 1000 points per hit. It equates to the same.

The keys are: hit your first early; hit at a regular interval; hit your last late.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zknet wrote:
It won't really add up to much more with drums. Guitar, yes...

... no.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3238

The "interval logic" works with Guitar, too, except it's for each note instead of across the board. You get 100 points per second per note column in a BRE no matter how often you hit notes in that column. Slow scales are better than mashing on the solo buttons.

Assuming Drums are the same way, they made it so button flailing doesn't help on any instrument for BRE. If in doubt, go into Practice mode, play the very end of GG&HT (or any song with a BRE) and see how your scores vary by technique.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: