FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Airtrooper719's Pro Customs - (Avenged Sevenfold - Shepard of Fire)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triblood wrote:
Sent in a PM, Air.

Sent via email, enjoy
columbo777  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QC list for PRO is here:
Track your PROs here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AndG6ewEv_5zdEJGMXBjWGdiSE9NYlJhU215Q0tHLUE#gid=0

There are close to 700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished testing one I was working on:

Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against
http://www.mediafire.com/download/uy0a110g8eiaz4n/prayeroftherefugeepro

I have Remedy by Seether Pro-Guitar, not bass yet, worked on but I feel as if that some of the notes aren't accurate to the RB's version.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triblood wrote:

I have Remedy by Seether Pro-Guitar, not bass yet, worked on but I feel as if that some of the notes aren't accurate to the RB's version.

Great song, keep up the hard work :)

I will give this upgrade a playtest sometime through the week and let you know how it goes.

If you want me to make this thread a joint operation let me know, I will add your name to the thread and all your uploads to the main song list.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triblood wrote:

You will start to recognise harmonix' way of charting things on 5 button.

Occassionally you will need to spot the dud hammerons (notes added to legacy mode to make it more fluid, but are not actually notes on the guitar track).

Sometimes they will for example make a 3 note per string scale run 4-5 notes on the 5tar mode to make it more challenging on legacy. So you will find yourself removing various MIDI notes (especially when charting solos).

And also im sure your aware, not all notes are guitar notes. Infact, a lot of RB3 guitar tracks on legacy mode can follow the progressions of anything from keys to percussion (my smokin' by boston upgrade is an example of this). Although I wouldn't recommend trying these, I done smokin as an experiment, and while it is extremely fun to play that solo (all notes are tappable in the organ solo, as if you are playing a keytar) it can get confusing for a guitar player, as those keyboard scale positions are inefficient when transferred to strings and start to get confusing. (It uses a heavy dose of pentatonic scales in the key of A, however, is not fingered the same way as a standard tuned guitar).

Finally a little tip. I use YouTube to search for a 100% FC of the 5tar mode of whichever song I want to chart, and then this gives me the ability to scrutinise each and every colouored gem and figure out which real note/chord that gem belongs to. When its solo time, never rely on tabs (NEVER!). You can click the cog on the video player and slow the track to x0.50, now you can systematically pick your guitar up, figure out the exact notes/doublestops/unisons etc for the solo. It is a lengthy process, but believe me when it comes to playing the upgrade you will feel its authenticity.

A final note about copying straight from tabs, have a look at Astonone66's upgrades. He does not play guitar but he attempted to write over 15 upgrades which are now literally unplayable, not because he sucks or anything (hes a cool dude, down to earth) but because he ripped the tabs off songster and tab pro. If anything use a 5 star rated tab as a foundation and build on top of it.
Triblood  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it just kind of caught on to me that Harmonix uses the guitar 5 keys to fill in and make the some a bit more fun and giving it a bit more of a challenge (Learned this while going over Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz, their guitar is correct to points but they use the guitar to fill in on other instruments in that song that aren't normally playable).

Feel free to add any upgrades that I help make to your lists, though I wont set them out to the public until I feel okay that i was able at least closely match the song.

There are some songs (like Bullet with a Name by Nonpoint for example) that start with a soft touch on notes then get a bit heavier with a few extra notes that some/most tabs don't cover.
Alternity  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to look at 5 button charts, for X reason, you can use ipather, it's more efficient than a RB video... you even see the # of the bar, and it's on a jpg basically... Video is pause.. play, pause.. etc gets annoying XD
columbo777  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this G/B or Gx2? (guitar / bass or guitar copied over bass)

also, do you want access to the PRO inventory spreadsheet?

Triblood wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's G/B, even had to double check because i couldn't remember off the top of my head.

By access, do you mean where I can add/edit in songs i made onto the sheet myself?
columbo777  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, yes I do. PM me and I'll add you.

BTW, Good solid advice from Airtrooper. You should be able to somewhat play the song in order to chart it well. and you have to make sure BASS is in the same key (I used that make THAT mistake A LOT) so avoid just grabbing a chart for each off the internet.

The Harmonix 5 button really helps you because its consistent. Meaning that if early in the song the note Am is GB, then everywhere in the song it will be GB. You'll get a feel for it very quickly. Start with the simplest song on your charting list!

Lastly, Make consistent choices yourself. For example, I will chart very minor bends as Hammers, but larger bends as Slides. I do this for a couple of reasons, but more importantly, I am consistent throughout the song with those choices. Think of yourself as a "guitar conductor" talking to the guitarist as you chart. It helps.

As you might expect, we are all here to help as we want more guitarist charting and try to help get the best charts we can produced.

Triblood wrote:

By access, do you mean where I can add/edit in songs i made onto the sheet myself?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be a little bit easier for me to chart songs when I get a new amp or fix the one i have so i can play sections and so on.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triblood wrote:
It'll be a little bit easier for me to chart songs when I get a new amp or fix the one i have so i can play sections and so on.

Have you got a USB interface or even a rocksmith realtone cable?

If so I'd recommend using Guitar Rig 5 or Amplitube, and when you want a more advanced professional tone, FL Studio/Reaper/Pro Tools with a selection of amp/stomp/effect VST plug-ins. 10 times better than most amps (unless you got a nice expensive tube amp).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut5Y73uNwUc

Check that video out, the sound is what you would hear on a professional recording, and that virtual amp is free. I havent owned an amp for over 2 years now, I sold it to get a TASCAM interface to give better dry signal to my amp models on the PC. But the rocksmith cable is still low latency and good bitrates (i think it supports up to 56k without any sound loss which is very high quality).

The next video is my guitar cover of Ruin by Lamb of God, this was recorded live running through Guitar Rig 5...listen to how fat that low end sound is, better than any amp ive owned tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6wUMh-SQf8
Triblood  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep that in mind XD

Though however personally, i'd try to get both (at least a cheap amp that can get the job somewhat done) and the virtual amp. I'll play whenever we have events go on around the house (like bonfires, hanging out in large groups, etc), then there would be the virtual amp for more specific uses like helping build charts and so on.

And sorry for the lateness, work has me beat to hell and back right now because the managers thought it was a good idea to add an extra work night to our schedule, so we've worked overnights on wednesday, last night, and we're going in tonight too so I haven't had much time to work on charting, so hopefully this weekend i'll be able to get something done for pro upgrading.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triblood wrote:
I'll keep that in mind XD

Though however personally, i'd try to get both (at least a cheap amp that can get the job somewhat done) and the virtual amp. I'll play whenever we have events go on around the house (like bonfires, hanging out in large groups, etc), then there would be the virtual amp for more specific uses like helping build charts and so on.

And sorry for the lateness, work has me beat to hell and back right now because the managers thought it was a good idea to add an extra work night to our schedule, so we've worked overnights on wednesday, last night, and we're going in tonight too so I haven't had much time to work on charting, so hopefully this weekend i'll be able to get something done for pro upgrading.

No rush dude, its your hard work nobody elses, take all the time you need....its a hobby after all :)

I have been inactive for a few weeks, just been getting accustomed to my new squier, been spending a whole week tweaking the damn thing it played like crap when I first got it but now I have got the hit detection solid enough that Im ready to start writing more upgrades soon for it. Would love to do RB2 imports but like I said earlier in the post, my USB stick is only 2GB and I dont think its big enough to fit the import pack onto to transfer to my PC :(

Im dying to chart Colony of Birchmen and Ramblin' Man!
columbo777  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhh, ramkblin man. good one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: