FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Looking for gamertag with Pray for Plagues and/or Guitar Sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pokemonduck  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Looking for gamertag with Pray for Plagues and/or Guitar Sou Reply with quote

Hello, I would really like to try out and own both of these songs, but obviously they are both discontinued. I was thinking if one were to make a new gamertag, download these songs on to it, then I recover it, and then licence transfer it onto my xbox, then I can hopefully download it onto my gamertag. Can someone confirm this would work? If someone would do this for me I'll gladly give you a 3 month or like $20 in the new Microsoft currency in exchange.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchase of delisted songs like Guitar Sound is linked directly to the account the song was initially bought with when it was available.

Therefore to get the song you need an existing gamertag that has purchased the song already, which is likely to be someone's actual account.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Purchase of delisted songs like Guitar Sound is linked directly to the account the song was initially bought with when it was available.

Therefore to get the song you need an existing gamertag that has purchased the song already, which is likely to be someone's actual account.

Good luck.

Okay, so this would be the scenario I was thinking. Gamertag A has the discontinued song. Owner of Gamertag A makes a new "junk" gamertag Gamertag B. Because the owner has both gamertags and the song, he/she should be able to download the songs onto Gamertag B, which then I recover. The owner would then receive whatever would be agreed upon for his/her service.

Or would that not work? Would someone be able to redownload something from Gamertag A to B on the same xbox? If that were possible, then I can just recover B and go to download history.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wouldn't work.

Gamertag A owns the right to download the content. (This right is in the form of data on the Microsoft server that says that your account owns the content.) Gamertag B has never had that right, and even being on the same console as an account with the right doesn't allow for it to downloaded because the account did not actually buy the content when it was available. (This applies to all content, including delisted free content like GH3's Dropkick Murphys pack and that Vesuvius song for RB. Free content is just a $0 purchase in terms of how MS works the rights.)

The only way to get a delisted marketplace content item is to get an account that bought it when it was available for purchase and do a license transfer of the content rights and download the content. (The license transfer is required to play the content without the owner account being active on the console.)

Basically, purchases can not be transferred or shared between account rights and histories. This is due to the way MS runs the content rights.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it would'nt work even if you did a license transfer with the actual account. I have Guitar Sound on my own account but ever since I changed console I can't download it even with the license active on my console.

Conclusion: If you don't have the same console you used to download the song, and already have it downloaded, you're screwed.

On PS3 it's a totally different story, there you can download it no matter what console you use, and play it with any account.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Nidecker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: