FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Some pro upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prince-Damian  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it.

Update:

Burnin' For You - Blue Oyster Cult

Guitar/Bass,
Enjoy.
Prince-Damian  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New upgrade added:

Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden

Both guitar and bass,
enjoy.
Prince-Damian  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New upgrade:

Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz

Containing both guitar and bass.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince-Damian wrote:
New upgrade:

Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz

Containing both guitar and bass.

Good choice can't wait to play this one
columbo777  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a MIDI bug in the Lenny Kravitz track for BASS. On non-expert, stops halfway through.

Turns out this is a BASS note on FRET 18, but there is only the 17 fret midi track. You have to either change the 2 notes to 17's or create a 22 fret bass track. (and still change the 17 fret version note to 17's also)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Some pro upgrades Reply with quote

Prince-Damian wrote:
Was asked to take everything down.

Wtf, who asked you to remove all your upgrades?
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hell would Harmonix care? It's not like they support pro guitar in RB4, and toward the end they barely supported it in RB3.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harmonix can go *fill in the blank* themselves AFAIC, if they don't want to support Pro mode anymore, the community WILL, and if they have a problem with that then they can explain that they have directly contradicted their statement that Pro mode is underused and overrated and brings little to no profit to the table. I only buy base DLC if they have a custom or official upgrade available, so not only are these upgrades retaining players, but they are also making a little bit of a sideline for the company....many years after the game was released. To be quite frank if it was a Harmonix member of staff who told you to do this, I am absolutely livid.
Skyp1e  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airtrooper719 wrote:
Harmonix can go *fill in the blank* themselves AFAIC, if they don't want to support Pro mode anymore, the community WILL, and if they have a problem with that then they can explain that they have directly contradicted their statement that Pro mode is underused and overrated and brings little to no profit to the table. I only buy base DLC if they have a custom or official upgrade available, so not only are these upgrades retaining players, but they are also making a little bit of a sideline for the company....many years after the game was released. To be quite frank if it was a Harmonix member of staff who told you to do this, I am absolutely livid.

I would like offer a +1000 for this sentiment. I don't use any of the custom tracks, but I appreciate that they are out there. I only care about Pro modes with RB. It seems so contradictory that HMX happily glommed all the Harmonies tracks home grown by fans for their new game, but are shunning the Pro modes like the plague. GG HMX.
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyp1e wrote:
Airtrooper719 wrote:

I would like offer a +1000 for this sentiment. I don't use any of the custom tracks, but I appreciate that they are out there. I only care about Pro modes with RB. It seems so contradictory that HMX happily glommed all the Harmonies tracks home grown by fans for their new game, but are shunning the Pro modes like the plague. GG HMX.

I know right, the problem is Pro Mode just intimidated way too many players ($$$$$$.....cough). My brother came to mine for a drink one day, and he wanted to see what a Pro Guitar was (I had tried explaining to him previously over the phone), when I showed him his jaw dropped and the first thing he muttered was "Holy s***" what the *fudge* is that???

Just his reaction alone could account for a lot of casual players' first impressions out there, and unfortunately I think thats why Harmonix dropped it all.

But then again, they think Online Multiplayer is a waste of time....

I believe their ethic is, those who shout the loudest get ignored, and the spreadsheet wins everytime.... I do believe they will regret that method of business though. I tried to get some sort of following with my pro guitar debate on the forums, but it usually ended up with a lot of self-loathing, arrogant user's crawling out of their wormholes in numbers.
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airtrooper719 wrote:
Skyp1e wrote:
Airtrooper719 wrote:

I know right, the problem is Pro Mode just intimidated way too many players ($$$$$$.....cough). My brother came to mine for a drink one day, and he wanted to see what a Pro Guitar was (I had tried explaining to him previously over the phone), when I showed him his jaw dropped and the first thing he muttered was "Holy s***" what the *fudge* is that???

Just his reaction alone could account for a lot of casual players' first impressions out there, and unfortunately I think thats why Harmonix dropped it all.

I believe their ethic is, those who shout the loudest get ignored, and the spreadsheet wins everytime.... I do believe they will regret that method of business though. I tried to get some sort of following with my pro guitar debate on the forums, but it usually ended up with a lot of self-loathing, arrogant user's crawling out of their wormholes in numbers.

I don't usually reply like this but when you act as petulant and whiny as you did just because other people didn't care for something that seemed novel at the time of RB3's release but was rendered obsolete almost a year later (IIRC) by Rocksmith, what did you think would happen?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight-Rider wrote:
Airtrooper719 wrote:
Skyp1e wrote:
Airtrooper719 wrote:

I don't usually reply like this but when you act as petulant and whiny as you did just because other people didn't care for something that seemed novel at the time of RB3's release but was rendered obsolete almost a year later (IIRC) by Rocksmith, what did you think would happen?

I completed both rocksmith games within a month of their release... they are boring, and they aren't games per se. They are icebreaker's for beginner guitarists, so please tell me why a guitarist of 12 years would want to continue playing it?

On the other hand, RB3 Pro Mode is a GAME mode, which I play with all my friends online, and should be treated as such, plus, it gives me an excuse to play a MIDI guitar for a change.

And finally, who the .... are you? If you had any worth in the Pro/Real Guitarist debate I'm sure I would have known you by now, but I'm afriad I dont....

Whiny and Petulant? I would have said it was having a friendly conversation with another user on the forum, until you rudely interupted with a response that brings absolutely zero value to what we were talking about. Now walk along boy.

Last edited by Airtrooper719 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight-Rider wrote:
Airtrooper719 wrote:
Skyp1e wrote:
Airtrooper719 wrote:

Ahhhh your one of those guys. The "self-entitled" ones, you display every single plastic FC in your profile..... get a life mate, seriously.
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyp1e wrote:
I only care about Pro modes with RB. It seems so contradictory that HMX happily glommed all the Harmonies tracks home grown by fans for their new game, but are shunning the Pro modes like the plague. GG HMX.

Late to the party, but there's no contradiction here.

Pro mode authoring is an order of complexity (or two) higher than harmonies authoring (and thus more time/resource expensive), and it wasn't selling relatively well, and if they were re-introducing it they'd need to produce new peripherals.

Pro guitar and pro keys have very small, yet very zealous, followings, and have since the modes were introduced.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that if harmonies cost more than just the base chart cost, it wouldn't have been so popular.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: