FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
mario3166's Pro Upgrades (updated 12/28/13)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dayman510  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Wherever I May Roam v3 Reply with quote

This one work fine. Good work mario.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Loada b0wl 1st
Conker64  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
I'm surprised those fret 22 notes in the guitar track didn't cause any crashing, that would be one of the more obvious problems with the chart. Here's an altered version of your MIDI:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y9f8bq

I didn't actually try to play it, but I cleaned up the fret hand positions and fixed the fret limit issues just by lowering parts of the solos that used those high notes by 12 frets. There's a fret 10 note at 4:55.515 that has offending high notes close to either side, so that was broken and converted to an open note during my cheap fix, it will need to have some more thought put into it (ie. lower it an octave by moving it to another string). I don't recall seeing any other notes that lose the correct pitch from this fix, but you may need to check them. Transposing notes to another string or octave is how Harmonix generally made Mustang versions of pro guitar/bass tracks when necessary.

I don't remember if RB3 uses tremolo chords, do they get used in any official songs?

I'd suggest sticking with original 22 fret charting, lowering octaves feels unnatural if the song used 22 frets.

There are few songs with all 22 frets, nothing crashes, everything works.

There has already been a custom that went even up to 23 frets (kind of) made by Ziggy, check Surfing with the Alien.
He putted mute notes above 22, this way avoided crashing the game and you can figure out what to play (there are very few instances where you play that high on fretboard).
My advice is to stick to the original chart.

And of course thank you for another great upgrade, we need more classic Metallica.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conker64 wrote:

In all official pro guitar charts, if the arrangement calls for more than 17 frets, the MIDI has to include both the 22 fret and a 17 fret version of the arrangement, authored for all difficulties. This is because the Mustang guitar controller had fewer fret buttons.

Quote:
There has already been a custom that went even up to 23 frets (kind of) made by Ziggy, check Surfing with the Alien.
He putted mute notes above 22, this way avoided crashing the game and you can figure out what to play (there are very few instances where you play that high on fretboard).

That might be an interesting experiment, but it doesn't really count for much else unless it displays as fret 23 in-game.
Conker64  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
Conker64 wrote:

In all official pro guitar charts, if the arrangement calls for more than 17 frets, the MIDI has to include both the 22 fret and a 17 fret version of the arrangement, authored for all difficulties. This is because the Mustang guitar controller had fewer fret buttons.

Right, it takes more work because basically you need two separate charts to account for differences (beside difficulties).

raynebc wrote:

That might be an interesting experiment, but it doesn't really count for much else unless it displays as fret 23 in-game.

It's definitely interesting (that song has only one spot during the beginning of the solo that starts on the 23rd and descends into lower frets), so the mute "trick" blends well.
mario3166  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, glad it's working and thanks for the encouragement

Did some final cleanup, but couldn't find that 10 fret note. Here's the final version (for now), also in OP:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5XtxZzOPHcucDYzN0plZU1ET0E/edit?usp=sharing
dayman510  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Wherever I May Roam v4 Reply with quote

Great job mario! this one works great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Loada b0wl 1st
mario3166  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally finished this one

"Dead and Bloated" by STP
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5XtxZzOPHcuOUMzM2lVcGp4ems/edit?usp=sharing

enjoy, let me know if its working ok!
mario3166  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Distance" by Cake
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5XtxZzOPHcuWWxYb3V2TFN1bjg/edit?usp=sharing

Its a custom that has expert only(bass included), just an fyi
columbo777  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: update process Reply with quote

Still dont know why you just dont turn on auto dif gen and knock out EMHX. Will do that for this one soon.

mario3166 wrote:
"The Distance" by Cake
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5XtxZzOPHcuWWxYb3V2TFN1bjg/edit?usp=sharing

Its a custom that has expert only(bass included), just an fyi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done that for all the songs I've done. It didn't work on this one, i tried. Let me know if it works for you though. I figured it might have something to do with the 5 button parts not existing for the other difficulties, maybe the ziggyeditor can't do the auto-difficulty generation without them as a template

I even tried copying the expert track to all other difficulties to see if i could do some manual reductions but when i play tested it in RB3 no notes show up in the other difficulities (even though they show up in the ziggyeditor, and in the expert track).
mario3166  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished...

"Remedy" by The Black Crowes
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5XtxZzOPHcuRUp3QnNENmtsaWM/edit?usp=sharing
Conker64  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario3166 wrote:
Just finished...

"Remedy" by The Black Crowes
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5XtxZzOPHcuRUp3QnNENmtsaWM/edit?usp=sharing

Awesome choice!
I'll give it a whirl tonight,
thanks.
columbo777  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

I will also try to play it this weekend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone else has tried "Remedy" let me know if you had any problems. I've played it few times now and I saw a crash during the "big rock ending" over the weekend. I had a drummer and a 5 button bass player involved. I haven't seen it crash with just the pro parts. Just wondering if you do see it crash let me know where it crashed and what parts were being played.

thanks!
Conker64  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario3166 wrote:
If anyone else has tried "Remedy" let me know if you had any problems. I've played it few times now and I saw a crash during the "big rock ending" over the weekend. I had a drummer and a 5 button bass player involved. I haven't seen it crash with just the pro parts. Just wondering if you do see it crash let me know where it crashed and what parts were being played.

thanks!

Played single player, works great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: