FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RawkSD - Rock Band 2 Wii SD Customs - v2.01 09/02/09
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AerialX  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: RawkSD - Rock Band 2 Wii SD Customs - v2.01 09/02/09 Reply with quote

Rock Band 2 Wii Custom SD DLC

IRC Channel: #RawkSD on EFnet (Join us on Mibbit)

RawkSD is brought to you by Aaron "AerialX", tueidj, and Mrkinator.

RawkSD Wiki

Download

Installation and Usage Guide

RawkSD allows you to install custom songs as DLC onto an SD card, to be played on Rock Band 2.
It also supports importing songs from Rock Band and all Guitar Hero games.
It supports everything up to the most updated Wii, though you must run the included patcher before running it.

For those who use customs/exports, don't forget to add your RB2 Friend Code to our list!

See the changelog for all the newest features! v2.00 brings in perfect customs support and importing from Guitar Hero 5, World Tour, Metallica, and Smash Hits!

And here are some videos for you guys to enjoy

Special thanks goes out to nanook and GameZelda for all their work on Guitar Hero hacking.

Last edited by AerialX on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:01 am; edited 7 times in total
thesentence  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should help customs really get going for Rock Band, looks great guys!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job guys, you rock!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: sonicdude164 PSN Name: sonicdude164 Wii Friend Code: 2636125983192222
sislermi  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Me playing Jordan Reply with quote

Thank You so much guys this is hecka easy compared to other custom methods, here is a video i just uploaded of me playing jordan as an rb2 custom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8SSSZKZBS4
Underdrive  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it'd happen someday, thanks a ton guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About how many games/songs can you hold on a 4gb sd card?
BHK  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys have support for custom album covers yet? Great job on this guys! I'm so out of touch with the wii scene though, I have a modded Wii with a Wiichip. Do I need to install anything beforehand to my wii (homebrew channel, etc) or can I just put it straight on my SD card.
TNTX  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Con45 wrote:
About how many games/songs can you hold on a 4gb sd card?

If it's empty, and each song is somewhat low-quality, about 60-80
Look no further!

BNSClub.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Zero0920
doctorfaust  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some tidbits I figured out after working at getting a few customs in:

My chart scrolls too fast/too slow!
Naturally one would use the "Scroll Speed" setting in the RawkSD "Edit Custom" option, but the slightly unintuitive part is that if you want your chart to scroll faster you have to put in a lower number. RawkSD defaults to 2300, so try something like 1800 or 1600. Conversely if you need to slow your chart down, increase it to around 3000.

How come the crowd claps out of time/my characters sway out of time to the music?
These tempos are controlled by the BEAT track in the chart, but RawkSD only puts in a basic beat for you, so chances are it's out of whack. I'm not a programmer so I don't have a way to do this automatically, but you can brute force it with Anvil Studio if you need to. After RawkSD has done its thing, use Anvil Studio, go to the rawkSD\customs\ folder, and find your song's folder. Open up the file titled 'chart' (no extension) inside. Go to the BEAT track and view it in Piano Roll Editor mode. Find where RawkSD has placed a couple of notes. You'll want to remove those notes and put down new ones that actually match up with the tempo of your song. Use C1 for the first beat in a measure and C#1 for subsequent beats, like so:

Use 16th notes and place four per measure. Do that for the entire song. Then reimport your custom onto your SD card - the crowd should now clap in time to the music, and the character animations should be timed better now.

If your time signature is not 4/4, or if there are wild tempo changes, you will have to also alter the notes placed in BEAT accordingly, but I haven't experimented with this yet so I don't want to say concretely what you have to do.

How come my singer stage dives like 7 times during the song?
As the info for RawkSD states, the animation controls are entered completely randomly. This means that animation controls that aren't used that often, like the stage dive, may pop up multiple times during the song. These can be edited again using Anvil. Open up the 'chart' file for your custom as described. This time go to the VENUE track, and choose the Event List mode in the View menu. You should be able to see the animation control events for both lighting and animations. Some of them are rather self-explanatory. In our example, a stage dive is indicated by the comment:
[do_directed_cut directed_stagedive]
If you would rather not your singer stage dived there, if for example it's the very beginning of the song, double click on the event. You can change it to something else. For instance:
[do_directed_cut directed_duo_gb]
will instead change the camera/animation to one of the duo-playing shots of your guitarist and bassist. I don't have a complete list of the possible events, but just look around the other events RawkSD placed. Or, you may be able to take out the event completely. If you look at a "real" RB song (such as a song extracted from a track pack by RawkSD) the real songs tend to have much fewer directed_cut events and several lighting change effects. I'm guessing the game changes the camera randomly until it hits a directed change effect, so you may be able to remove a lot of the directed cut events if you want the animations to vary each time you play it. Not sure how much you can remove though - RawkSD puts in these events for a reason, because without them the songs freeze up in quickplay.

How come my drummer just sits there?
This is the one major thing I haven't figured out yet. Judging from what people figured out for GH customs, I've tried inserting a [play] comment at the beginning of the PART DRUMS track, a [verse] comment in the VENUE track, and [section intro] (for example) comments in the EVENTS track, but I have yet to be able to actually get the drummer to look like they're playing. If anybody has any other guesses/advice on this question I'd love to hear it.

(cross-posted to gbatemp)
#1 PS3 Leaderboards Vocals 3/5/08-4/24/08
55/55 Gold Stars Vocals 3/16/08
57/58 FC Vocals (not NTY of course)

Rock Band 2
Bands: As Sekiria, The Gold Standard
ESL2 420/420 Plat Artist + Bladder of Steel 10-26-08
doctorfaust  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyYhuECUYc0&fmt=22

Success! Thanks to tueidj's help, I got drummer animations working properly. Unfortunately, it's actually a lot of work - unlike the guitar/bass tracks, you have to chart each individual drum hit as another note in the .mid. Somewhere down the line, maybe somebody will make a program that will add these animations in semi-automatically from the drum chart, but for now it's a lot of work. If you're masochistic and still want to try...

Here's the list of notes, courtesy of tueidj:
Code:
left hand: 26, 30, 34, 35, 40, 41, 46, 48, 50
right hand: 27, 31, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 47, 49, 51
left foot: 25
right foot: 24
snare: 26, 27
left tom: 46, 47
right tom: 48, 49
floor tom: 50, 51
left crash: 34, 35, 36, 37, 41
right crash: 36, 38, 39, 40
ride cymbal: 27, 31, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 47, 49, 51
kick: 24
hi-hat: 25, 30, 31

As you can see, each note is associated with both a limb and a drum kit part. So if you go to the PART DRUMS track of a chart in Anvil, and insert a note on 24 (C2), that will direct the drummer to hit the kick pedal with their right foot. To put it in an Anvil-friendlier list:
Code:
C2(24) - right foot bass drum
C#2(25) - left foot hi-hat
D2(26) - left hand snare
Eb2(27) - right hand snare

F#2(30) - left hand hi-hat
G2(31) - right hand hi-hat

Bb3(34) - left hand left crash
B3(35) - left hand left crash
C3(36) - right hand left crash
C#3(37) - right hand left crash
D3(38) - right hand right crash (hit_side)
Eb3(39) - right hand right crash (hit_norm)
E3(40) - right hand right crash (hit_grab)
F3(41) - left hand left crash
F#3(42) - right hand ride cymbal*

Bb4(46) - left hand left tom
B4(47) - right hand left tom
C4(48) - left hand right tom
C#4(49) - right hand right tom
D4(50) - left hand floor tom
Eb4(51) - right hand floor tom

The list is incomplete, as there's some weirdness in the crash/cymbals where it appears that the same note is tracked to multiple limbs/drum kit parts but I don't know what to make of them, evidently there's some scripting involved that changes up what they do.

To keep things from getting too confusing, first thing I'd do is go into Anvil and place a 16th note on 24 (C2) every where you have a kick pedal charted (kick pedal on expert is C8). Then I'd try to handle the right hand hits, mostly on yellow or blue pads (D8 or Eflat8) or sometimes green (E8), these will go on your high hats or toms or what not depending on the song. Then the left hand will handle snare hits (red pad, C#8) and miscellaneous stuff. A left hand snare hit is note 26 (D2) so plant those as appropriate.

Again it's very tedious, I wouldn't do it unless you reaaaaally care what your drummer looks like during your customs. Again it seems the type of thing that could be programmed in semi-automatically, but I am not a programmer so I have no expertise in this.

I also started to compile a list of the directed camera comments in the VENUE track. These are of the form [do_directed_cut xxxx] and will force the camera/band member to do something:
Code:

directed_duo_guitar - Singer and guitarist will pose together
directed_duo_bass - Singer and bassist will pose together
directed_duo_drums - Drummer looks at camera (used for singalongs?)
directed_duo_gb - Guitarist and bassist will pose together
directed_all - Everyone jumps in the air/everyone kicks at the camera
directed_all_cam - Singer/guitarist/bassist dance in front of camera
directed_all_lt - Far view of the whole band
directed_all_year - Everyone will jump into the air (except drummer)
directed_bass - Bassist kicks camera(?)
directed_bass_np - Bass player will kick the air
directed_bass_cam - Bassist makes a face at the camera
directed_bass_cls - Closeup on bassist's fretboard/fingers
directed_bre - Band members do Big Rock Ending
directed_brej - Band members do the jump for the BRE
directed_drums - Drummer twirls drumsticks
directed_drums_pnt - Drummer points at camera
directed_drums_np - (?)
directed_drums_lt - Overhead view of the drummer's kit
directed_drums_kd - Closeup on drummer's kick pedal
directed_guitar - Guitarist kicks camera(?)
directed_guitar_np - Guitarist kicks the air(?)
directed_guitar_cam - Guitarist makes a face at the camera
directed_guitar_cls - Closeup on guitarist's fretboard/fingers
directed_stagedive - Singer dives from the stage
directed_crowdsurf - Singer crowdsurfs
directed_vocals - Singer raises hand into the air
directed_vocals_np - Singer will jump and punch the air
directed_vocals_cam - Singers poses in front of camera
directed_vocals_cls - Singer poses in front of camera
directed_crowd_b - Bassist poses/point in front of crowd
directed_crowd_g - Guitarist poses/points in front of crowd

There are multiple animations/camera angles for some of these, for instance I've seen at least three different ways directed_drums_pnt executes. Not sure if there's a way to force one particular way or another. Also, how these look might depend on the character's 'Attitude' that you set when you first created them.
#1 PS3 Leaderboards Vocals 3/5/08-4/24/08
55/55 Gold Stars Vocals 3/16/08
57/58 FC Vocals (not NTY of course)

Rock Band 2
Bands: As Sekiria, The Gold Standard
ESL2 420/420 Plat Artist + Bladder of Steel 10-26-08
ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate this.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 6027399410921283
Vendetta  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great success. This thing is a dream come true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dw6vTnw0wI

I gotta get some drum charts to mess around with.
ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imported customs from ISOs are working perfect, but my other customs (.mp3 + .mid) freeze the game, which is okay for me, but I'm not sure what I did wrong. Awesome program though!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 6027399410921283
Con45  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anybody tell me how to set up superdump, i can't find instructions for it anywhere.
Teancum  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious -- are the midi files the same format between RB1/2 for NON-Wii games? I have it for the 360 and for the Wii, and I'd like to just import my midis into my wads to keep the original animation data for the games I have on two platforms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: