FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to play upgrades, customs, and imports on Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maratca1  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I dump the ISO (it takes forever), arc tool reads it just fine and creates the songs on my HD (it has a GUI btw). With these I'm good to go, is that what you're saying? Have you tried the GH titles yourself?

Quote:
Use the RBHP upgrade DTA for these songs and take the upgrades with you as well. With the updated file path, they should work.

This I'm not sure I understand.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maratca1 wrote:
Once I dump the ISO (it takes forever), arc tool reads it just fine and creates the songs on my HD (it has a GUI btw). With these I'm good to go, is that what you're saying? Have you tried the GH titles yourself?

Oh right. That will certainly not work. C3 has officially converted GH songs for use in RB3, but its not all of them. Some even have Wii converts by me which work seamlessly with the Wii setup.
Quote:
Use the RBHP upgrade DTA for these songs and take the upgrades with you as well. With the updated file path, they should work.

This I'm not sure I understand.[/quote]
Check the RBHP Wii pack. All the songs.dta files for Lego songs are there and you can use those for the disc songs. You have to make sure to update the path info in it because they all default to sZAE/000 which obviously won't work. Also, since most of them had uncharted Harmony parts, the new DTAs have the vocal parts set to 2 or 3, which unlocks Harmony parts for those songs. That's why I recommend loading the upgrades for those songs since you already have half of it set up and the game would crash picking those parts without the upgrades.
Oski724  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some questons about PRO Guitar Upgrades:

1.Need I to change songs.dta file and put it to spoof folder?
a.If yes, how can I get songs.dta files from normal DLCs?
b.If no, what I need to do?

2.Can I have both harmonies and PRO Guitar in one song?
a.If yes, need I to merge both midi files or can I have both midi files in upgrades folder?

I tried to get songs.dta with DLC Upacker, but I dont know, how to open .app files.

Also, I tried put all PRO Guitar Upgrades in upgades folder, without changing songs.dta files, but it didn"t work.

Then, I changed songs.dta for "Take The Money And Run", but then, after selecting difficulty, I got a message that Rock Band can't restore the song.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oski724 wrote:
I have some questons about PRO Guitar Upgrades:

1.Need I to change songs.dta file and put it to spoof folder?
a.If yes, how can I get songs.dta files from normal DLCs?
b.If no, what I need to do?

2.Can I have both harmonies and PRO Guitar in one song?
a.If yes, need I to merge both midi files or can I have both midi files in upgrades folder?

For Pro Guitar, I think you don't have to edit the songs.dta file of the song being upgraded. It worked fine for official DLC. Just make sure you have the upgrades.dta merged with whatever upgrades you also have in the upgrade folder. It can't load the upgrade without knowing for what song it is and this is provided with all Pro Guitar releases.
You can have harmonies and pro guitar in one song, but the MIDI files have to be merged. I think you need REAPER to do this, but there could be an easier way.

Quote:
I tried to get songs.dta with DLC Upacker, but I dont know, how to open .app files.

The very same u8it program provided can unpack .app files. To do this for all songs, try this script and save it as run.bat for batch processing.
Code:
    for %%f in (*.app) do (
            echo %%~nf
            u8it "%%~nf.app" "%%~nf"
    )
pause

That way you can get the songs.dta file you need. But also, I have 1000+ saved already for reference.
http://ge.tt/6mHQX4w/v/0?c

Quote:
Also, I tried put all PRO Guitar Upgrades in upgades folder, without changing songs.dta files, but it didn"t work.

Then, I changed songs.dta for "Take The Money And Run", but then, after selecting difficulty, I got a message that Rock Band can't restore the song.

If you did this, you probably forgot to change the upgrades.dta file. All the upgrades should be in here with the correct midi path.
If you're getting errors for changing the DTA, then maybe you're not packing DLC correctly. But besides that, you shouldn't have to edit that song's dta because that's what the spoof file is for. You put the edited DTA in the spoof folder and when the game checks that on a fresh cache, it thinks it has more information in it, like the song_id. The rest of the info normally works fine off the upgrades.dta file.
maratca1  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked fine for a while, but all of a sudden now I have this "add-on in Wii system memory" message followed by "Unknown error" followed by "SD card disabled". Now it basically refuses to read from the SD card. What do I do?
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maratca1 wrote:
It worked fine for a while, but all of a sudden now I have this "add-on in Wii system memory" message followed by "Unknown error" followed by "SD card disabled". Now it basically refuses to read from the SD card. What do I do?

Does this happen even with the custom content removed? I can't day I've ever encountered this error, but you should try reverting to the last time it worked if something changed.
maratca1  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, erased all the custom content and reflashed the cache. It still refuses to run. In my "Manage songs" no song shows as downloaded.

EDIT: I've redownloaded Crazy Tuesday and erased it again, and then reflashed the cache. It didn't help.

EDIT2: I think this may have something to do with a download from the store that was interrupted. Where do I look for half-downloaded files? I have a PAL version if it matters.

EDIT3: Went to Data management and deleted the corrupted file. I'm back in customs playing business!!
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back with the latest RBHP release. The highlight is the long-deserved Harmony upgrades to the No Doubt songs. They're really a case of released too soon.
http://keepitfishy.com/d.php?5283166b88e1e

Also, a lot of the sZAE stuff has app files included for easy inclusion due to limitations. Just use the lookup table in the root to find out what to pack to and you should have the upgraded meta file taken care of for that song.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must go on!
April 4, 2014's RBHP release.
leader85  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: A little help needed Reply with quote

Hey guys. I'm 100% new to Rock Ban, I literally started poking at the game just yesterday.

While I've managed to sort out .wads for DLC and whatnot, I'm having problems with trying to get other songs onto the game.

I've found RawkSD and that seems to be exactly what I'm in need of. Being able to rip out songs from earlier games and from Guitar Hero is perfect. But then I hit a wall. Because RawkSD won't work on my Wii. And I don't even know what to do with the songs it has ripped from Guitar Hero. They seem to just be folders with 'data' files in them. Is that right?

Can anyone help me with that? Or some other method of getting songs onto Rock Band 3?

Really looking for an idiot's guide.
Pig-serpent  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to be having trouble packing the DLC. It only makes one app folder for me and no bins. Do you know what's up with this?

It's probably worth noting that I couldn't find Title.tik. I followed the steps but fstoolbox only searched my SD card and didn't find anything.

edit: it makes both App folders, I was just stupid and named them both meta. Still no bins though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Wii with a mod chips not sure how to convert the RBHP_Pack_MasterPackage__Wii_NTSC to work on my wii as it keeps talking about softmods.

Thanks
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig-serpent wrote:
I seem to be having trouble packing the DLC. It only makes one app folder for me and no bins. Do you know what's up with this?

It's probably worth noting that I couldn't find Title.tik. I followed the steps but fstoolbox only searched my SD card and didn't find anything.

edit: it makes both App folders, I was just stupid and named them both meta. Still no bins though.

Make sure the wadpacker step is actually working. The first number should start at the first bin you're packing and run long enough to cover the app files it created.

Mastercrucifier wrote:
I have a Wii with a mod chips not sure how to convert the RBHP_Pack_MasterPackage__Wii_NTSC to work on my wii as it keeps talking about softmods.

Thanks

I don't know too much about hardmodding like that. Assume it functions the same and depending on how you're loading DLC, either use the BIN or APP files appropriately. Errors in-game is probably what you may expect though.
Mastercrucifier  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be using bins.

I have the april 14th pack but not sure how to create the bins.

Thanks

Koetsu wrote:

I don't know too much about hardmodding like that. Assume it functions the same and depending on how you're loading DLC, either use the BIN or APP files appropriately. Errors in-game is probably what you may expect though.
CPURules  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seem to be running into a problem. I'm using the SD card / bin files.

I downloaded Crazy Tuesday to get the ticket and 000001D2.app files. Crazy Tuesday's .bin files in the sZAE folder are 061.bin and 062.bin. It seems that the only way I can get a custom song to load (without RB3 throwing the "content could not be restored" message) is if the meta file is 061.bin and the song file is 062.bin. If I pack a custom as 063.bin/064.bin, or as 059.bin/060.bin, I get the content error. It's definitely not a file path issue, I've already checked and rechecked and checked again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CPURules PSN Name: CPURules Wii Friend Code: 128972220998
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: