FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to play upgrades, customs, and imports on Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brandx  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i got the song to show up. i can select it, pick my difficulty, but then it can't restore to memory.

anyway, i kinda had fun trying.
kim666  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandx wrote:
well, i got the song to show up. i can select it, pick my difficulty, but then it can't restore to memory.

This Error is not Wii u related, you get this when you have wrong named folder/files, So double/triple check everything.

Check also the "dlc/sZAE/063/content/songs/songname/songname" entry in the songs.dta file.

And don't forget to delete the MSTORE file, everytime you change something.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kim666 wrote:
brandx wrote:

And don't forget to delete the MSTORE file, everytime you change something.

...that only has to do with any songs dta file. You can save some time by not reloading the cache if only a song file has to be changed.
But you're close. Just find that minor error.
brandx  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post

Last edited by brandx on Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
brandx  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stared all day at the song dta file yesterday. Because my wii u wont read my sd card even when i boot up from the original disk and i cant get the game running from emunand i had to do things slightly different.

So what i did was download a song from the sZAE gen. I dumped the content folder with the downloaded song (000000f3.app and 000000f4.app) with fstool. I changed my folder names to 239_000000f3_songname_meta and 240_000000f4_songname_song. I thought the folder name was the song bin number plus a hexadecimal number matching them but according to the dlc master list that is not the case. F4 is not equal to 240. But thats what my download was and thats what the wiki said. I tested another random song which gave me 000001ca which wouldnt match any bin number so i dont see the correlation.

Anyway, i change my dta file path to dlc/sZAE/240/content/songs/songname/songname

i created the .app files and i replaced the original app files in the real nand with fstool. I also reset the cache.

So because i didnt make bin files. I dont see the correlation between the path in the dta and the .app files. When you pack the folders does it change that path from 240 to 000000f4?
brandx  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i ran it on dolphin and the songs work, but when i try to replace the app file created by the download, i get the restore to memory error and after that if i change the number back to something that worked before they wont work any more.
kim666  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandx wrote:

i created the .app files and i replaced the original app files in the real nand with fstool. I also reset the cache.

It is not a good idea to mess around with fstool on your wii u. If something goes wrong your Virtual Wii may not work anymore.

Did you try wiiflow + emunand? here is a little howto

http://gbatemp.net/threads/is-there-any-way-to-launch-wiiware-as-you-would-backups-in-vwii.355495/#post-4790010
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandx wrote:
so i ran it on dolphin and the songs work, but when i try to replace the app file created by the download, i get the restore to memory error and after that if i change the number back to something that worked before they wont work any more.

In this, you are using the correct region of DLC, right? Something in not familiar with os knowing of the TMD file is ever regarded in a hacked Wii setting. I know Dolphin ignores the check sums and file sizes in it so you don't have to update it.
brandx  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kim666 wrote:
It is not a good idea to mess around with fstool on your wii u. If something goes wrong your Virtual Wii may not work anymore.

i understand the risks. i couldn't get wiiflow + emunand working for rb3. i did get wiiware working.

Koetsu wrote:
In this, you are using the correct region of DLC, right? Something in not familiar with os knowing of the TMD file is ever regarded in a hacked Wii setting. I know Dolphin ignores the check sums and file sizes in it so you don't have to update it.

yes it is all ntsc-u and this is all on dolphin now with a nand dump from my wii u. i tested a song from CCC by just making the .app files and it works, but if i try to make the .app file with a specific name that was a legit download from the store to replace in the emunand, like 000000f3.app (same gen and region) it shows up but i get the memory error. after that, if i remove the .app file that didn't work and replace it with the earlier file that did work, refresh the cache - i still get the error.

i tested all kinds of variations.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandx wrote:
kim666 wrote:

i understand the risks. i couldn't get wiiflow + emunand working for rb3. i did get wiiware working.

Koetsu wrote:

yes it is all ntsc-u and this is all on dolphin now with a nand dump from my wii u. i tested a song from CCC by just making the .app files and it works, but if i try to make the .app file with a specific name that was a legit download from the store to replace in the emunand, like 000000f3.app (same gen and region) it shows up but i get the memory error. after that, if i remove the .app file that didn't work and replace it with the earlier file that did work, refresh the cache - i still get the error.

i tested all kinds of variations.

Hmm, I'm stumped. It may not seem like much, but configure the log in Dolphin to use the third option and pastebin the log after the error. It may help.
brandx  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got them working on the wii u. but i can't get multiple songs per bin. the .app files with multiple songs show up in dolphin and they play just fine. but when i pack them into a bin and ad them to the wii u, they don't show up in the wii u at all. it doesn't even try to load. i tried 4, 3 and 2 songs. all less than 30mb all together.

do multiple songs per pack work off SD cards?
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandx wrote:
i got them working on the wii u. but i can't get multiple songs per bin. the .app files with multiple songs show up in dolphin and they play just fine. but when i pack them into a bin and ad them to the wii u, they don't show up in the wii u at all. it doesn't even try to load. i tried 4, 3 and 2 songs. all less than 30mb all together.

do multiple songs per pack work off SD cards?

If that's the case, make sure there is only one preview mogg in the _meta app file. The game seems to have some sort of hard-coded file size check to determine what is a _meta file and what isn't.

Also, you guys should try this out for me. It turns out if you use any real milo_wii file to replace the ones found in custom songs, you can get some proper animations out when you play the song.

Get this.
Rename it to whatever the song is so it replaces it. Then play it and tell me how it goes. It should play the performance, but hopefully not the same one for all songs for some bizarre reason. No lip sync possibly.
brandx  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:

If that's the case, make sure there is only one preview mogg in the _meta app file. The game seems to have some sort of hard-coded file size check to determine what is a _meta file and what isn't.

just delete all but one mogg? i don't need to do anything to the dta
Edit: nevermind. It works like you said. Thank you.

edit. oh and i can't download the milo file. nothing happens when i click download. tried it on safari, chrome and firefox.
maratca1  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu thanks for this topic. I'm slowly progressing to have my customs working.

My question is, I have a (legitimately purchased) Lego RB disc and I'd like to have some of these songs in RB3. Should I use the tools to get the songs off my disc, or should I go with the content in the RBHP download? Also, lots of Guitar Hero titles that I have -- is it possible to take songs out of them and into RB3 as well? Would it matter if some of them are PAL and others, NTSC?

Finally, it would be really nice if you could update the guide to better reflect the PAL situation.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandx wrote:
edit. oh and i can't download the milo file. nothing happens when i click download. tried it on safari, chrome and firefox.

Hmm, I hope that download site continues to be reliable. Try this link for the milo_wii file.

maratca1 wrote:
Koetsu thanks for this topic. I'm slowly progressing to have my customs working.

My question is, I have a (legitimately purchased) Lego RB disc and I'd like to have some of these songs in RB3. Should I use the tools to get the songs off my disc, or should I go with the content in the RBHP download? Also, lots of Guitar Hero titles that I have -- is it possible to take songs out of them and into RB3 as well? Would it matter if some of them are PAL and others, NTSC?

Finally, it would be really nice if you could update the guide to better reflect the PAL situation.

Homebrew that Wii and dump the disc to an external drive of some sort. There, you can use Dolphin to extract the generic arc files and use that arc tool stuff that's floating around these forums somewhere to unpack the disc files. It's kind of confusing and I don't remember how it worked exactly. I still have this script saved, but I don't know where it's used.
Code:
arktool -e gen * extracted

When you do have the disc unpacked, you can grab the song's relevant midi, bik, milo, and png files to pack as your own proper DLC. Use the RBHP upgrade DTA for these songs and take the upgrades with you as well. With the updated file path, they should work.

As far as just custom songs going, it should be nearly region-free when I get sZWE working. sZAP is a curious case since the numbers don't line up with the USA region's. Previously, it's been recommended to download Crazy Tuesday and build files based on its .app file and onward.

And finally, the latest RBHP release is late, sorry. This time I'll be including .app files for sZAE songs and a reference list so you can pack your own updated _meta files for sZAE songs and therefore upgrade them since there is no other easy way. I know this has worked for me, which is why you can see sZAE songs with Harmony scores by me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: