FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to play upgrades, customs, and imports on Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternity wrote:
Koetsu wrote:
I wouldn't know how that would work. RB1 and ACDC songs off the Wii disc are all misaligned due to using videos instead of live gameplay like the rest of the games. Best way around those without hand-editing the timings is to just use the proper DLC version of the songs.

IIRC Aerialx stated that RawkSD modified the imports so it is not out of sync in the game.

I'm sure RawkSD has other limitations. If you at all care about RBHP and score tracking, you'll get the correct files.
kim666  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:

I wouldn't know how that would work. RB1 and ACDC songs off the Wii disc are all misaligned due to using videos instead of live gameplay like the rest of the games. Best way around those without hand-editing the timings is to just use the proper DLC version of the songs.

There is no prober DLC version for RB1 Songs. The PS360 rips the songs straight from the disc and saves them inside a SaveGame File. And the .mid files are always identical on all 3 Systems

That is the Reason why we have 360 Customs that work on a unmodded console. We can create our own 360 SaveGames with a Custom Song in it and the 360 will detect it as a RB1 Import.

The Wii never had that Rock Band 1 import feature and that was one of the main reasons for creating Rawksd.
j0shuakane  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for this!!!

but i have a question about the rawksd method, what do i do after that?

i mean, where am i on the tutorial after i have my rawksd customs?
kim666  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j0shuakane wrote:

thanks for this!!!

but i have a question about the rawksd method, what do i do after that?

i mean, where am i on the tutorial after i have my rawksd customs?

Still at the beginning ;) at Packing Your Own Songs. Koetsu was so kindly to add the necessary rb3 files in his RBHP_Pack_MasterPackage.

When your for example want to convert 29fingers from rawksd to rb3, Copy the content of the folder /RBHP_Pack_MasterPackage_wip_Wii_NTSC/Rock Band/29fingers/ to 063_0000003f_meta and 064_00000040_song.

And from your extracted 29fingers rawksd custom the .mid and .mogg file into the 064_00000040_song folder.

at the end you should have:

063_0000003f_meta\songs.dta
063_0000003f_meta\29fingers\gen\29fingers_keep.png_wii (optional for album cover)

064_00000040_song\29fingers\29fingers.mid
064_00000040_song\29fingers\29fingers.mogg
064_00000040_song\29fingers\gen\29fingers.milo_wii

delete all the other files, open songs.dta with a texteditor and change

Code:
dlc/sZAE/000/content/songs/29fingers/29fingers

to
Code:
dlc/sZAE/063/content/songs/29fingers/29fingers

and Run The Packer
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB1 has on-disc upgrades for Wii, so they'll play just like if they were actually released.

Following up on Kim's post above, I made a video showing the routine he describes to convert songs to Wii.

http://youtu.be/nAvb4cqJ-4g
pfannkuchen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello folks- I feel like I've ALMOST got this working, and I can't figure out what I'm missing here. I've got the customs (C3 customs) converted from Xbox format, on my SD card. RB3 will read the songs, display them properly in preview, even play the music from the selection menu, but when I go in to actually play the songs I get a blue screen telling me that it couldn't read the song. I'm guessing since it can play the audio it has something to do with my not having converted the charting information correctly- is the "milo_wii" file the one that contains the actual (non-pro) charting information?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfannkuchen wrote:
Hello folks- I feel like I've ALMOST got this working, and I can't figure out what I'm missing here. I've got the customs (C3 customs) converted from Xbox format, on my SD card. RB3 will read the songs, display them properly in preview, even play the music from the selection menu, but when I go in to actually play the songs I get a blue screen telling me that it couldn't read the song. I'm guessing since it can play the audio it has something to do with my not having converted the charting information correctly- is the "milo_wii" file the one that contains the actual (non-pro) charting information?

Last time I got this error, I had accidentally dropped the song's audio files in the songs folder. Remember to create the correct structure as: content > songs > songname > song.mogg, etc.

The Milo file has never seemed to cause a problem and should be put in the _song folder.

Also, I finally got someone to program the last step to automating Wii album creation. You can download it here and from the first page with all the downloads.
Using it is easy. Just put your album art in the input folder as a 128x128 PNG. Run AlbumMake, then grab your files in the png_wii folder!
pfannkuchen  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:
pfannkuchen wrote:

Last time I got this error, I had accidentally dropped the song's audio files in the songs folder. Remember to create the correct structure as: content > songs > songname > song.mogg, etc.

The Milo file has never seemed to cause a problem and should be put in the _song folder.

Nope, the mogg is in the right place- I can even listen to it on the song preview screen, so I know it's where it's supposed to be. I'm replacing song 51, so my directory name looks like 051_00000033_songname_meta and 052_00000034_songname_song. Meta has content/songs/songs.dta and content/songs/songname/gen/songname_keep.png_wii, which displays messed up (as I gather it would, since I haven't converted it from Xbox format) but it does display. Song has content/songs/songname/songname.midi and songname.mogg, and content/songs/songname/gen/songname.milo_wii.

Best I can figure I'm just doing something wrong when I'm editing the DTA. The only place I could find that needed to be edited was 'name', which is set to "dlc/sZAE/051/content/songs/songname/songname" (in double quotes, not single quotes- does this make a difference?). Is there another place in the textfile where I need to indicate the name? I saw the Youtube video did that, but when I used Le Fluffie to convert the DTA file that came out only mentioned a filename once.

FYI, I'm using the SD card method and not emulated NAND.

I'm sure there's something really obvious I'm missing, so I've typed everything I can think of, but I still can't see what I'm doing wrong.
gugutab  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfannkuchen wrote:
Koetsu wrote:
pfannkuchen wrote:

Nope, the mogg is in the right place- I can even listen to it on the song preview screen, so I know it's where it's supposed to be. I'm replacing song 51, so my directory name looks like 051_00000033_songname_meta and 052_00000034_songname_song. Meta has content/songs/songs.dta and content/songs/songname/gen/songname_keep.png_wii, which displays messed up (as I gather it would, since I haven't converted it from Xbox format) but it does display. Song has content/songs/songname/songname.midi and songname.mogg, and content/songs/songname/gen/songname.milo_wii.

Best I can figure I'm just doing something wrong when I'm editing the DTA. The only place I could find that needed to be edited was 'name', which is set to "dlc/sZAE/051/content/songs/songname/songname" (in double quotes, not single quotes- does this make a difference?). Is there another place in the textfile where I need to indicate the name? I saw the Youtube video did that, but when I used Le Fluffie to convert the DTA file that came out only mentioned a filename once.

I'm sure there's something really obvious I'm missing, so I've typed everything I can think of, but I still can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Just adding one more possible mistake: sometimes I had joined some tracks and forgot to change the "tracks" on the dong.dta file. So make sure the mogg file have a least the same number (+1) of tracks as the dta.

Also, is the error showing immediately after you select the difficulty or it take some seconds?
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gugutab wrote:
pfannkuchen wrote:
Koetsu wrote:
pfannkuchen wrote:

Just adding one more possible mistake: sometimes I had joined some tracks and forgot to change the "tracks" on the dong.dta file. So make sure the mogg file have a least the same number (+1) of tracks as the dta.

Also, is the error showing immediately after you select the difficulty or it take some seconds?

Right, the immediacy of the error could indicate what kind of problem it could be. Have you tried moving all the files to pack into a different slot? If you pack over a "save file" slot, it probably won't work, assuming there are even any that early on. Of course, file and number of songs limits apply, so be aware of those.
pfannkuchen  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:
gugutab wrote:

Right, the immediacy of the error could indicate what kind of problem it could be. Have you tried moving all the files to pack into a different slot? If you pack over a "save file" slot, it probably won't work, assuming there are even any that early on. Of course, file and number of songs limits apply, so be aware of those.

I'm not sure how to even check the # of tracks on the mogg. I just did a straight Le Fluffie unpack from the con file and it generated the dta, mogg, etc. files. Do I need to get some separate software for mogg editing?

The error isn't usually an immediate one- it takes a little while reading from the card, and then I get the message. It doesn't load the cut scene, though- I just get the little loading exclamation point on the menu screen and then it dumps me out. I have occasionally gotten the error immediately, but only after I started messing around with random settings in my .dta file to see if it would fix things.

I am noticing my odd-numbered files are a lot smaller for my converts than they are for my legit DLC- less than 64K for the app files, rounded up to 64K for the .bin files. Is this OK?

Regarding # of songs, I moved most of my legit DLC off the card, except for the ones in the sZAE folder, so I've only got a couple dozen. I also tried different songs (another C3 custom and a GH2RB import) and am getting the same error, so whatever I'm doing wrong it seems to be pretty consistent and not just a case of one song converting badly.
gugutab  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfannkuchen wrote:
Koetsu wrote:
gugutab wrote:

I'm not sure how to even check the # of tracks on the mogg. I just did a straight Le Fluffie unpack from the con file and it generated the dta, mogg, etc. files. Do I need to get some separate software for mogg editing?

The error isn't usually an immediate one- it takes a little while reading from the card, and then I get the message. It doesn't load the cut scene, though- I just get the little loading exclamation point on the menu screen and then it dumps me out. I have occasionally gotten the error immediately, but only after I started messing around with random settings in my .dta file to see if it would fix things.

I am noticing my odd-numbered files are a lot smaller for my converts than they are for my legit DLC- less than 64K for the app files, rounded up to 64K for the .bin files. Is this OK?

Regarding # of songs, I moved most of my legit DLC off the card, except for the ones in the sZAE folder, so I've only got a couple dozen. I also tried different songs (another C3 custom and a GH2RB import) and am getting the same error, so whatever I'm doing wrong it seems to be pretty consistent and not just a case of one song converting badly.

If you did not edit the mogg files, the tracks should not be the problem.
The odd-numbered bin files are usually about 30kb for me, so it should not be the problem either.

also, chek your inbox.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfannkuchen wrote:
Koetsu wrote:
gugutab wrote:

The "generated" part is what's throwing me off. You did like in the video? Unpack with Le Fluffie, then put the files it unpacked in the correct place. That, without any modifications aside from the file path, should get it to work. New songs shouldn't have the midi file path but if it's there, remove it.
pfannkuchen  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha! I got it! For reference I was really confused about the usage of the upgrades.dta. I thought for some reason that any customs with pro parts needed to have lines in upgrades.dta pointing to the files. I also for some reason thought that the song_id in the file should be identical to the song id of the original custom. Needless to say it didn't like this very much. Anyway, I took the upgrades .bin file off my SD card and it works like a dream. Boy, I know just enough to be dangerous.

Anyway, huge, huge thanks to everyone for getting this working, putting together all these awesome customs, and especially Koetsu and gugutab for being so great helping me out. I raise my glass in your honor. (Since it's 6:30 in the morning here it's a glass of orange juice, but it's the thought that counts, right?)
tridentgum  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, I have successfully packed and played some songs by the way that is mentioned in the tutorial. However, I have a couple questions and some problems.

1. I am receiving the same "can't restore" error that was mentioned before; I followed to make sure my ID was correct and it was. However, this error only occurs on particular songs. I am able to play some fine without the error. What can I do to fix this?

2. I am running into the problem when I edit pack-dlc to include songs with the folder name xyz_000000aa.... if x≥1 then I cannot get .bin files from it (meaning x=0 in order to get .bin files; yz value doesn't matter, which limits the number of .bin files I can make). The reason I need x≥1 is because I have purchased DLC and the vast majority of sZAE is full of my DLC. I don't want to overwrite any of the files because I would still like to have the option to play them. (Now, I could overwrite the file and then re-download the songs and hope they don't overwrite the custom song, but I don't want to even bother re-downloading the songs, it would take too long.) My question is: is there a way to have pack-dlc pack these files?

In an effort to resolve my own issue, I packed some files that I was able to and moved them into a folder called sZME (not sZAE), referencing the correct pathway in the DTA; the reason I decided to do this is because I noticed purchased-DLC is distributed throughout a folder structure similar to this with folders such as sZBE, sZCE, etc. Although being scanned by RB3, the game said the files were corrupted and deleted them off my SD card. So I take it that I either did something incorrect or it is not possible to do this. I am not sure which; is it possible to do this?

Please help!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: