FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to play upgrades, customs, and imports on Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
IIRC, this will also work on Wii U if you have the internal Wii emulator softmodded.

Indeed. There should even be a Wii U version of FSToolbox for the virtual Wii.
gugutab  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thank you so much for you efford to help the comunity!
Unfortunaly, I'm still not able to do import custom songs and have a lot of questions:

- I receive the error "Cannot open common-key" from the packer until I removed the .bin from the name of the file (generated by ShowMiiWads), is that the expected behavior?

- After that, I was able to pack. Since I'm importing to SD, not nand, I put the .bin files in the correct place in my SD, and reset the cache. In game, the wii scanned for new songs but show me a message that it "cannot be restored". I saw some small differences between the syntax of the song.dta that I'm using and your examble files. I tried make it similar, but had no sucess. Do you think that is the problem? Know how to fix it?

- Should I replace the 000.bin in my SD for the one generated by the packer, right? Sometimes it causes RB3 to not enable SD card mode.

- Finally, I was not able to understand how to apply the RBHP files, could you explain it with more details?

Thanks for your time!
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gugutab wrote:
Unfortunaly, I'm still not able to do import custom songs and have a lot of questions:

- I receive the error "Cannot open common-key" from the packer until I removed the .bin from the name of the file (generated by ShowMiiWads), is that the expected behavior?

- After that, I was able to pack. Since I'm importing to SD, not nand, I put the .bin files in the correct place in my SD, and reset the cache. In game, the wii scanned for new songs but show me a message that it "cannot be restored". I saw some small differences between the syntax of the song.dta that I'm using and your examble files. I tried make it similar, but had no sucess. Do you think that is the problem? Know how to fix it?

- Should I replace the 000.bin in my SD for the one generated by the packer, right? Sometimes it causes RB3 to not enable SD card mode.

- Finally, I was not able to understand how to apply the RBHP files, could you explain it with more details?

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for asking. Here are my answers to your questions.

-The tool requires the common key file to be without an extension, so that step is normal.

-The "cannot be restored" error could be regarding incorrect file paths. If it came up during scanning, it could mean your ID is wrong, or set the wrong name path in the DTA.

-The 000.bin file is junk and shouldn't be used.

-To use RBHP files, you add on the DTA of the song from u want to upgrade to the songs.dta in the spoof folder. After that, add the upgrades.dta file to the upgrades folder (with the correct file path written) and pack it.

For all of this, don't forget to update the batch command lines to include any additional files.
gugutab  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:
gugutab wrote:

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for asking. Here are my answers to your questions.

-The tool requires the common key file to be without an extension, so that step is normal.

-The "cannot be restored" error could be regarding incorrect file paths. If it came up during scanning, it could mean your ID is wrong, or set the wrong name path in the DTA.

-The 000.bin file is junk and shouldn't be used.

-To use RBHP files, you add on the DTA of the song from u want to upgrade to the songs.dta in the spoof folder. After that, add the upgrades.dta file to the upgrades folder (with the correct file path written) and pack it.

For all of this, don't forget to update the batch command lines to include any additional files.

Still no success =/

I tried to add the RBHP of "Bring me to Life", since it's almost ready to go, and got the same "cannot be restored" error.

The ID of the custom is "farsweetchildomine" and the path "dlc/sZAE/063/content/songs/farsweetchildomine/farsweetchildomine".
"Bring me to Life" ID and path are the same as it came.

I'm also sending the files via PM, in case you want to check it.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem could be the ID. If you open any of the .bin DLC from your SD card in HxD, the part highlighted is your console ID which you need to pack your own DLC.

Also, guide updated to include a folder structure picture and another sample video.
gugutab  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:
The problem could be the ID. If you open any of the .bin DLC from your SD card in HxD, the part highlighted is your console ID which you need to pack your own DLC.

Also, guide updated to include a folder structure picture and another sample video.

You got it! that was the problem!
Thanks!
Mariosegafreak  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be possible to rip the songs straight from the Wii disks (RB beatles, track pack, LEGO rock band) and put them into RB3 using this method?
kim666  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariosegafreak wrote:
Wouldn't it be possible to rip the songs straight from the Wii disks (RB beatles, track pack, LEGO rock band) and put them into RB3 using this method?

Yes this works. You can rip the discs with Rawksd and then extract the Rawksd files with dlcunpacker and u8it. But it wont work for the Beatles songs because Harmonix used a different encryption for this audio files.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kim666 wrote:
Mariosegafreak wrote:

Yes this works. You can rip the discs with Rawksd and then extract the Rawksd files with dlcunpacker and u8it. But it wont work for the Beatles songs because Harmonix used a different encryption for this audio files.

Woah, wait who said anything about RawkSD? To my understanding, you use the complicated disc extracting tools floating around here somewhere, then gather the files yourself, right?
kim666  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both ways work, but i think the "rawksd way" is slightly easier. The other way is the "ark tool way".

you need to extract the game iso with wii scrubber and open the .hdr file with arktool. Then you can extract the .mogg and .midi files.

here is a guide for 360 but it is nearly the same for wii

https://sites.google.com/site/mahoppiangoon/customrbdisc

only the extracting part at the beginning is relevant.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Dolphin can get the files too if you're already playing with a USB loader. Either way, this is really only for Lego Rock Band because RB1's files are useless for RB3.
kim666  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:
Or Dolphin can get the files too if you're already playing with a USB loader. Either way, this is really only for Lego Rock Band because RB1's files are useless for RB3.

why? Rawksd was created to play RB1, RB ACDC and the GH Songs in RB2. So why are these files useless for RB3? i can confirm they work fine in RB3.
Mariosegafreak  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kim666 wrote:
Mariosegafreak wrote:

I can't find DLCUnpacker anywhere...
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kim666 wrote:
Koetsu wrote:

why? Rawksd was created to play RB1, RB ACDC and the GH Songs in RB2. So why are these files useless for RB3? i can confirm they work fine in RB3.

I wouldn't know how that would work. RB1 and ACDC songs off the Wii disc are all misaligned due to using videos instead of live gameplay like the rest of the games. Best way around those without hand-editing the timings is to just use the proper DLC version of the songs.

Mariosegafreak wrote:
kim666 wrote:
Mariosegafreak wrote:

I can't find DLCUnpacker anywhere...

I think it's this. http://sites.google.com/site/parannoyedwii/projects/dlc-packer-unpacker
You can unpack pre-RB3 with it easily, for making your own RBHP DTAs, if that's what you want. It can't pack correctly, as far as I know, which is why I don't recommend it.
Alternity  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:
I wouldn't know how that would work. RB1 and ACDC songs off the Wii disc are all misaligned due to using videos instead of live gameplay like the rest of the games. Best way around those without hand-editing the timings is to just use the proper DLC version of the songs.

IIRC Aerialx stated that RawkSD modified the imports so it is not out of sync in the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: