FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Big skin bubble fix?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niall  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Big skin bubble fix? Reply with quote

So, after having the game for 3 years, not using the drums much, but loaning my game to a couple of fan-run conventions with a popular video game room, I started having the dreaded skin bubble problem. It wasn't too bad at first, but after the last con (where they were played for 36 hours) it went really bad on the red, and started on the yellow.

I put a video here as photos can't quite do it justice.
http://youtu.be/I5bxDkfdqaM

By now, finding vinyl, felt or other silencers/covers is difficult. Any modern hints as to what I can do?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had this problem I was able to remove the rubber from the drum head, and I removed the stretched sections by cutting thin slivers from the edges of the rubber. I posted pictures here, lemme dig up the thread.

EDIT: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19061&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 .

Turns out I didn't describe how to get the rubber off the pads >.< However from what I remember everything separates. You may or may not need a screwdriver. The outer ring definitely pops off but it might be fastened on the back in some way.

Here's an actually good pic of the finished product (the link to which is buried somewhere in the linked thread) -- http://userpages.umbc.edu/~woorich1/pad1.jpg

I'll say that a number of other solutions are bouncing around if you want to dig for them. Personally I found them unsatisfactory; YMMV. The reason I did what I did was the fact that the rubber isn't "bubbling" -- it's stretching. It looks like a bubble because it has nowhere to go but up. Since it's stretching, you need to give it room to spread out -- that material isn't going anywhere -- and besides, it's probably going to continue to stretch. Hence, I cut off the outside ring of rubber. The slits down towards the center are both for that purpose (it's stretching in the middle, so the closer to the middle you can make room, the better) and to give you something to fasten the duct tape to (but you could also go over the sides of the drum head if you wanted, I *think*).

Anyway, good luck, and feel free to post or message if you have more questions. It's been a while since I've done this or used this kit, but I'll answer as best I can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: