FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Song Data Unavailable?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Song Data Unavailable? Reply with quote

Well, I just received my Rock Band 3 copy for my Xbox 360 and I'm happy to say it's the MTV Games version and not the MadCatz version, so I can use custom songs.

Problem is, with a few select songs, when I try to play them, it gives me the following error:

"The song data you were accessing has become unavailable, and the game cannot proceed without it. Your game session has restarted."

I looked this up, and all the fixes I could find were "Delete the Downloaded Songs Data file", but I've been having this error since before I got any bought DLC, so I don't think that could be the error. That's the only fix I've been able to find, and as such, I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for my recent amount of questions, but I would really like to get started with the whole custom songs thing, and having these errors are kind of making me go insane little by little.
farottone  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have bought DLC and then changed HDD/console/whatever. That means that any song you bought on a previous HDD/console/etc. will not have a valid license and will only work with the related LIVE profile on an active Internet connection, which you can't have because of the customs... Go to redownload all those songs: download will be very quick (because you will only update the license, not actually download the whole song) and you can do that from a computer too.
XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized I worded the OP incorrectly - My problem is some of the custom songs I have downloaded (One I can think of off the top of my head is A Little Piece of Heaven from XBOX360ISO) have the Song Data Unavailable error, not the DLC I have bought.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, might as well chime in. I'm getting this problem on customs too, but on Wii. I thought it was the formatting of the DTA or something but I just can't figure out why it would say its unavailable.
XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update, I've tried most the things I can think of, one of them being re-packing the RBA, converting to CON, and it still gives me the same error. I haven't tried rebuilding the .MIDI from scratch yet, but I'll give that a try once I fix some sync issues and such with some other songs.
CustomBitch  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this yesterday, my song worked PERFECTLY and then suddenly HURR SONG DATA HURR.

I deleted the RBA, made it again and changed the name, then put it back on and it worked.
XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you meant change the name of the .RBA? Because that didn't work for me.

I really don't know what to do guys. One think that may be worth mentioning, though, is that I found about 90% of the songs that are having this issue on the Frets on Fire forums, but they were still .MIDI so they were easily convertable. Could this be why it's giving me this error (although I'm pretty sure I've gotten other songs from there that work 100% fine)?
CyclopsDragon  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that would be the issue. I've had this problem in builds before, and the way that I fixed it was by building the RBA with a different name and into a different file path. Simply changing the RBA's name won't do the trick. The issue also seems to be more prominent when the RBA's file name is longer, so if it's a long name, try abbreviating it somehow (that has to be done in Magma before the build; again, simply changing the file's name after building won't work).

farottone  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Long song IDs (and if you use RB3maker that means long RBA file names) break the game. Use shorter IDs.
XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cyclops, I didn't even think of converting the .RBA to a different folder. The songs work fine now. Thank you very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: