FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Use of double kick?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonDelight  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Use of double kick? Reply with quote

Hey! I'm new to the forums. Unsurprisingly it seems decently dead in here..

I'm wondering what it would take to play Rock Band 2 with a double kick setup on my Rock Band 1 kit, or if it's realistically possible. I tried once before with the use of a 3.5mm splitter, but the end result was that I had to be completely off the first pedal before I pressed the second one, which was a bit irritating.

I also have a Roland V drum set with the TD4 sound module, 2 PDX-8 pads, 2 PDX-6 pads, hi hat, and two symbols, one of which is a multi trigger. The kick is a KD-9 with a Gibralter double kick setup.

Is it possible to use the KD-9 with the Rock Band 1 set (through the use of required adapters), or would I be better off waiting until I can upgrade my module and using a MIDI adapter?

I have also tried using the official PS3 ION adapter with my pads. it worked, but wasn't accurate in the slightest.

EDIT: I guess I should have scrolled down just a bit further. I found the answer to my preliminary inquiry in this thread: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35412

Still if anyone has some insight as to other setups, it would be appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Demon Delight PSN Name: DemonDelight
S4VN01  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the ION adapter and find it to be extremely accurate. Surprised you have trouble with yours. Maybe try and get a new one from them?

Do not use Twin Rocker. Sucks balls.
I don't know about you guys, but I as a player of video games - and therefore a musician - am certainly enamoured of the prospect of, next time I begin to play Horrible Night, sitting down with a wide grin on my face as I rub my hands together in glee and shout out to the world "I know your secret! You're in a deceptive time signature!" before failing to hit any notes at all because the song is still balls-out hard.

My Youtube! My Youtube for GD:RB! My Twitter!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S4VN01
avree  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here. Just a radioshack Y-cable. I have to be completely off one pedal to use the other. I guess I'll have to try a purpose-built one.

I'm curious how and why it'd be any different, however.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, the Rock Band kick pedal is like a switch. For example, "off" when your foot is off the pedal, and "on" when it is pressed down. I'm guessing the game only looks for when the signal goes from "off" to "on" to trigger a hit. If you use a simple splitter, then when you are holding one pedal down, it is constantly sending an "on" signal, so pressing the second pedal won't do anything since it's already "on".

The specialized adapter changes it so that when you press a pedal, it sends a brief "on" signal, then turns it "off", even when holding the pedal down, which allows a second pedal to trigger its own "on" signal.

Personally, I use a KP65 connected to a KickWire. I don't use two kick pedals, but since this setup triggers differently than the stock pedal, it doesn't have any issues with two pedals (as long as both beaters can hit the sensor).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: