FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Final Official DLC: Don McLean - American Pie (+ Last 2 Weeks)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Final Official DLC: Don McLean - American Pie (+ Last 2 Week Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 and Wii™ on April 2nd, 2013:

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system April 3rd)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

Available on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 and Wii™ on March 26th, 2013:

Price:

$5.49, £3.19 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Chevelle Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Available on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 and Wii™ on March 19th, 2013:

Price:

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

RBN Songs now available for PS3 that are currently enabled for scoretracking:

• Endless Sky by I See Stars ($1.99)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day the music died. *bow*

Think it's about time I got back into customs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will buy this song.

I was disappointed but not surprised to see American Pie without an "X." I was hoping they'd changed their minds about not giving it a Pro upgrade.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The race will be on to who can make the custom pro guitar upgrade first. Not me though, I don't care for this song.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna buy this song just for the nostalgia factor. Will probably play it and that will probably be the last rock band i play ever. pretty good 7+ years or however long its been since guitar hero came out..
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me while I remain cautiously optimistic about their use of the term "weekly downloadable content" rather than "all downloadable content".

Anyway, it's a great song to finish things with. I bought Tomb Raider for £20 earlier off PSN and added an extra £1.19 just for Wednesday.

Still wish that we had some more Steely Dan, though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody here called it, not that it was difficult. It was either one, or a bunch of them.

I won't stop playing, but as very few RBN songs are of my tastes, I won't add much to my list now...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
I will buy this song.

I was disappointed but not surprised to see American Pie without an "X." I was hoping they'd changed their minds about not giving it a Pro upgrade.

I'll copy-paste my response from the official forums here, since others were asking the same question, and I'm pretty sure my theory is sound:

Harmonix has already stated that American Pie was slated to be released at an earlier date (The 5-year anniversary week), and that when they finally saw an end-date for DLC, they shifted this song to the last slot after all the work was done on it.

While I can't say anything for sure, my guess based on this information is that the song simply wasn't the pro-pick for that particular week, and since they prepare DLC months and months in advance, they weren't able to retroactively make a pro-upgrade for it once they decided to shift it to the last DLC slot. I'm sure that if this song had been planned from its inception as the last DLC song, it would've had a pro upgrade to go along with it. I'm sad it doesn't have one too, but it is what it is.
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you tonigh- uh, these past five years.

Buying this just for ceremony's sake more than anything. This series will be sorely missed.

Guess that's that, then.

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
I'll copy-paste my response from the official forums here, since others were asking the same question, and I'm pretty sure my theory is sound:

Harmonix has already stated that American Pie was slated to be released at an earlier date (The 5-year anniversary week), and that when they finally saw an end-date for DLC, they shifted this song to the last slot after all the work was done on it.

While I can't say anything for sure, my guess based on this information is that the song simply wasn't the pro-pick for that particular week, and since they prepare DLC months and months in advance, they weren't able to retroactively make a pro-upgrade for it once they decided to shift it to the last DLC slot. I'm sure that if this song had been planned from its inception as the last DLC song, it would've had a pro upgrade to go along with it. I'm sad it doesn't have one too, but it is what it is.

That's as sound a theory as I think I'll ever hear about that song.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopGearFTW wrote:
Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you tonigh- uh, these past five years.

Buying this just for ceremony's sake more than anything. This series will be sorely missed.

Guess that's that, then.

Except for, ya know, the infinite replayability.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
TopGearFTW wrote:

Guess that's that, then.

^

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Excuse me while I remain cautiously optimistic about their use of the term "weekly downloadable content" rather than "all downloadable content".

Same here. I'm hoping we can get a stray week here and there... Please?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
TopGearFTW wrote:

Guess that's that, then.

Yeah, you're right there. I'd be lying, though, if I said the amount of time I've played Rock Band this year is anything other than negligible at best.

Suppose everything has to end eventually though. If we're being honest with eachother, it has been on decline for quite some time now, with the odd brilliant week here and there. At least from my point of view, anyway.

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol The first time in years that I wake up early to download the new song(s), and it's not there yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: