FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/12 DLC: Toto - "Rosanna" and Oingo Boingo - "Weird Science"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever it's a case like this where everybody seems baffled about a song that is missing it makes me think there was a problem with the licensing or something. Or maybe the cost was too high to get. It makes me sad to imagine they had packs planned for some of these artists only to have to pick one song due to time/money/licensing constraints.

But maybe not, maybe the folks at HMX just thought Rosanna would be a more fun song to play. Who knows.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosanna FTW. I have wanted Toto in this game for so long. I thought it would never happen. I cannot contain my excitement! I'm glad they picked Rosanna over Africa/Hold the Line. Way better keys and drums parts in my opinion. Africa Harmonies would be awesome though, and Hold the Line's guitar solo....I don't want to be perceived as whining, but a 3-pack would have definitely been warranted.

Oingo Boingo is awesome too. I honestly did not expect we'd have any more good DLC, and then this happened. OMG so HAPPY!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Yusuke wrote:
And anyone who wants Africa over Rosanna or Hold the Line has mixed up priorities.

This came up on the official forum, but as per last.fm Africa has three times the plays of Rosanna over the last six months, and Hold the Line double, so that's a lot of people you think have mixed up priorities .

Those people are the people who only have Africa on their iPod and have only ever heard that song from them, not the people who actually know their other songs. If you know their catalog AND you still want Africa, that's where the mixed up priorities come in to play.

Personally I would have loved Rockmaker, but that's a pipe dream.

blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Whenever it's a case like this where everybody seems baffled about a song that is missing it makes me think there was a problem with the licensing or something. Or maybe the cost was too high to get. It makes me sad to imagine they had packs planned for some of these artists only to have to pick one song due to time/money/licensing constraints.

Apparently they tried to get a 3-pack and ended up with the one song.

Anyway I refreshed my memory of Rosanna, and definitely knew the song. I will stick with my preference for Africa, but this could be a pretty fun song to play if they stick mostly to the piano/keys and minimize the horns.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

But maybe not, maybe the folks at HMX just thought Rosanna would be a more fun song to play. Who knows.

Rosanna IS a more musically complex song than Africa, so you might be right.

Africa's harmonies would be glorious, though.
Pig-serpent  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Toto song sounds cool although I don't know it, Oingo Boingo will be a definite pick up, and 6 Areosmith songs. Most likely the best week of the year right here folks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They couldn't have picked worse songs as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much echoing the previous sentiments for Africa, Little Girls and Only A Lad.
CavScout  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
I WANT LITTLE GIRLS

...that did not come out right.

I know... it's I I I Love little girls.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
They couldn't have picked worse songs as far as I'm concerned. Pretty much echoing the previous sentiments for Africa, Little Girls and Only A Lad.

You really think Weird Science is the worst of Oingo Boingo? <.<

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
ManiacTobi  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 3/8 - Oingo Boingo & Toto Reply with quote

FINALLY TOTO

ToTo was my favourite band back in the 80s, they basically were the reason for me to fall in love with music. I love all albums up to the 7th one, "IV" with Africa and Rosanna being a timeless masterpiece.

Rosanna will be most interesting on drums, I wonder how that famous Jeff Porcaro Half-time shuffle will translate to plastic drums. If they charted all those ghost notes, it will be challenging and a lot of fun.
#1 Star Leaderboard | #3 RB3 Pro Drums Leaderboard (X360)
Current setup & ION tuning history: http://tinyurl.com/ManiacDrums | Former Rock Room: http://bit.ly/RockRoom

Last edited by ManiacTobi on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ManiacTobi
youhas  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also in the "man, I wish they'd selected 'Africa' instead" camp, for what that's worth. Call me a bland populist if you'd like, but "Africa" is the song that everyone at a party will know, even if "Rosanna" is the more technically challenging song across the board. Either way, I have a couple associates who are huge Toto fans, and I'm really glad they'll have the chance to pick up some long-lusted-after DLC from a band that they love.

(Fun fact: apparently there is some circuit in my brain that wants to think that Toto's "Rosanna" and Kool & The Gang's "Joanna" are the same song. That's... that's not even remotely correct.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Bront  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Henry confirmed it was initially going to be a 3 pack but "Licensing is Hard"

Also, Rosanna has a drum beat named after it, so it should be interesting for drummers.

Songs: Just over 1000.
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news about finally getting some Toto. Disappointed it's only the one song but when that one song is this epic it doesn't matter.

I have to say, while Africa is my favourite Toto song, it wouldn't have been that RB-friendly. The guitar doesn't really come in until the very last chorus and the drum part is made up of around a dozen percussion instruments, so would have been very difficult to chart authentically.

In an ideal world this would have been a 4-pack of Rosanna, Africa, Make Believe and Hold the Line. Oh well, there are always customs.

As for Oingo Boingo, I'm not a massive fan, but as a professional scientist who holds regular RB parties with other scientists, this is an absolute must-buy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end we finally get some songs we've wanted all along. *sigh*
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathTub wrote:
At the end we finally get some songs we've wanted all along. *sigh*

Shame neither of them could be packs. I wanted to sing Only a Lad, dammit!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: