FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/26 DLC: Singles from The Flys, Queensryche, Staind
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BathTub  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm is Queensrÿche enough for me to boot up my Xbox for the first time in months? maybe.
Niall  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. Queensrÿche is, apparently, "prog".

WTF, Harmonix?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an in-game genre worth questioning more than any other?

Wikipedia agrees with HMX and I doubt they edited it just to justify their choices in genre 6 months ago when they finalized the DLC files.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: 2/26 DLC: Singles from The Flys, Queensryche, Staind Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 and Wii™ on February 26th, 2013:

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 27th)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Available on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 and Wii™ on February 19th, 2013:

• One Week by Barenaked Ladies (160 MSP/$1.99) (O)

• Shine by Collective Soul (160 MSP/$1.99)

• A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More 'Touch Me' by Fall Out Boy (160 MSP/$1.99) (O)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 20th)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

RBN Songs now available for PS3 that are currently enabled for scoretracking:

• Cross Over Attack by Emmure ($1.99)

• Rock The Halls by Richard Campbell ($0.99)

• Dozing Green by Dir En Grey ($1.99)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Last edited by singemfrc on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
megallica  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Niall wrote:
So. Queensrÿche is, apparently, "prog".

WTF, Harmonix?

This is an in-game genre worth questioning more than any other?

Wikipedia agrees with HMX and I doubt they edited it just to justify their choices in genre 6 months ago when they finalized the DLC files.

yeah, they're prog

they come in at #39 on this top 100 list of prog bands (although i'm not sure how they're coming up with these rankings, with Rush only at #6)

wikipedia has them listed as prog, and they even describe themselves as prog on the facebook page that the bandmembers run (i think Geoff runs this one by himself ever since the band split up)

if you ask the internet itself the first two genres listed are progressive rock and progressive metal

or you know, you could listen to anything from them other than silent lucidity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:
...or you know, you could listen to anything from them other than silent lucidity

Something In The Way is Grunge.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
megallica wrote:
...or you know, you could listen to anything from them other than silent lucidity

Nirvana is a grunge band. Where is the issue?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
megallica wrote:

They're not going to go and change a genre for every song that doesn't fit the rest of a band's catalog. That's why SitW is grunge.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queensryche is kind of a special case in that most of their music does not use complex time signatures or arrangements, or contain most of the typical signifiers of prog or prog-metal (other than having an interest in concept albums), but they are marketed as prog and many of their fans tend to also like prog. In terms of the actual music, they are "less prog" than Iron Maiden, and people don't usually call Iron Maiden prog because they aren't marketed that way.

A similar band that did a lot of concept work but had little musical complexity is Pink Floyd.

The truth is that Empire was a more commercial album than the previous work. Listen to Best I Can or Jet City Woman, and if you didn't have a wikipedia article telling you that band was "prog", would you think they were?

Silent Lucidity, ironically enough, is one of their few songs that does contain a shifting time signature, because they drop a beat from some of the measures. I believe after the acoustic intro, the rest of the song is straight 4/4, but I'm going by memory. Stylistically, it's a power ballad. Genesis moved a lot of units doing romantic stuff in the 80s and early 90s too. Most people don't call "In Too Deep" or "Never a Time" prog, but if you guys want to, knock yourselves out.

That said, Harmonix / Wikipedia / etc. are not final referees on what is one style or what is another style. Use your ears and decide what you think for yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: