FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band DLC ends in April, 360 RBN to continue
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Rock Band DLC ends in April, 360 RBN to continue Reply with quote

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233673

HMXHenry wrote:
Hey gang,

As you may have seen in our recent announcement regarding the release of Rock Band Blitz tracks as singles, Rock Band DLC production has gradually slowed over the past 5 years. We’ve managed to maintain a consistent release schedule for a staggering 275 consecutive weeks, releasing over 4,000 songs for the Rock Band Platform, but in recent months we’ve scaled production down as we’ve transitioned resources onto other projects. With several new titles in development and developers needed to usher these new games along, April 2nd will be the last weekly DLC release for Rock Band.

While there is no content currently scheduled beyond April 2nd, we still have DLC releases lined up for the next few weeks, including the remaining tracks from RB Blitz, several Pro guitar upgrades, and a handful of artists who have not yet appeared in Rock Band. We’re incredibly proud of the DLC milestones we’ve set, especially producing the largest music library of any game available, and we wouldn’t have been able to release as much outstanding content without the support of our amazing community. As thanks to the community, we’re going to continue the ongoing DLC sale of 50% off over 1,100 songs so fans can continue to build their personal libraries from our back catalog.

We hope that you’ll all agree that this has been a tremendous run, and you should know it’s a ride that we at Harmonix have been thrilled to be a part of. We’re going to continue to support the forums and RockBand.com and hope to still see you rocking out online, in photos of Rock Band parties shared on Twitter and Facebook, or here on the forums. Whether you waited in line for a midnight release of Rock Band over 5 years ago, or you just joined the party with Rock Band Blitz… whether you’ve downloaded every single song we’ve ever released, or you’ve just played on disc songs until your neighbors moved away… whether you’re a metal shredder, or a bubblegum pop singer… thank you for being a part of our band.

Rock On,

Harmonix Music Systems

As with the previous announcement regarding the wind down of RB DLC, we’ve tried to address as many of the expected questions in a convenient FAQ. You’ll find a number of anticipated topics addressed below, and we’ll be on hand to respond to other questions in this discussion thread. Hopefully this FAQ will serve as a helpful resource for people looking for more info.

1. Is this the end of Rock Band?

This is the end of weekly Rock Band DLC. Rock Band remains an essential part of the history of Harmonix, and the franchise will always be near and dear to our hearts. We don’t have any Rock Band titles in active development at the moment, and we’ll no longer be releasing weekly DLC, but you can expect us to continue to support the existing titles and the extensive song library. We’re not breaking up the band, but we are taking a break from 5+ years of weekly performances.

2. Why not switch to a monthly or semi-weekly DLC schedule instead?

As we transition more and more of our resources onto new projects in development, it’s not possible at this time to maintain that kind of regularity in DLC releases. The weekly release schedule is something that we are incredibly proud of, and we’ll be wrapping up DLC with over 275 weeks of consistent releases.

3. Is there any chance you’ll release Rock Band DLC again?

While we’re no longer actively pursuing content for release, we still have the technical capability should the right band and the right opportunity arise. We don’t have anything planned for release at the moment, but it’s not something we’ve ruled out.

4. Will the Rock Band Network continue to release content on a regular basis?

The current plan is for Harmonix to continue to support the backend technology that powers Rock Band Network on the Xbox 360 for the foreseeable future. Users on the Xbox 360 should be able to submit new content, test, and release as they have been for the last 3 years. It's important to note that this architecture relies on other technologies not directly in Harmonix's control, including the XNA architecture for submission. In the event that our ability to keep RBN up and running changes, we'll make sure to let everyone in the Creators community know with as much lead time as possible.

Unfortunately, PS3 submissions for RBN tracks are submitted in the same manner as standard Harmonix-released DLC and require constant Harmonix production attention. As a result, the last PS3 RBN release planned on our schedule is on April 2nd.

5. Are you shutting down Rock Central servers?

Rock Central servers, leaderboards, and the Music Store should continue to run without interruption for the foreseeable future.

6. What does this mean for the RockBand.com community on the forums?

We hope that RockBand.com will remain a meeting place for fans of the series. The forums will stay open, and posters can still expect to see Harmonix devs answering questions and engaging in conversation. Some outdated site features will likely be phased out in the coming weeks, and we’ll address those changes as they happen.

7. What will happen with Rock Band World and the content posted there?

Parts of Rock Band World will remain operational, but with weekly DLC ending we will no longer be updating with weekly Goals and Tournaments. We may update with additional Goals in the future, but they will be significantly less frequent.

8. What are you going to show on the livestreams in place of weekly DLC?

The livestreams have always been a platform for Harmonix content and we plan to continue on the same weekly schedule. We hope to use the livestream to showcase new Harmonix titles as we get closer to release, but it’s still likely we’ll be discussing Rock Band in some way, whether it’s running through the extensive back catalog, or interviewing devs, or hosting Q&As with the community. You can subscribe to the livestream here: twitch.tv/harmonixmusic

9. Do you have some big, crazy, extra special thing planned for the final DLC release?

We have DLC scheduled through the next few weeks, including what we feel is an appropriate track for the final release on April 2nd. Just prior to that, on Thursday March 21st, we’ll be hosting a big Rock Band show in Boston to coincide with PAX East. This event will be held at the Brattle Theater in Harvard Square, and it is open to non-PAX attendees as well, so keep posted for ticket preorder info in the next few days. Hopefully we’ll see a lot of you there!

10. What about these new IPs you’re working on? Are any of them Rock Band related / instrument based music games?

Harmonix has several new projects in the works, but unfortunately no Rock Band news at the moment. You can stay tuned to HarmonixMusic.com for future project announcements.
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well fuck.
I guess it was going to end soon.

And I guess that kind of kills any prospect of any future games as well or they'd be running it until then. RIP Rock Band I guess.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Ad134  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the end of the Guitar Hero/Rock Band music rhythm genre. Something that has been a massive part of my life for around 5 years now.

It's a very sad day, and I will miss these weeks. Let's enjoy these last few rounds of DLC, because that's it for this kind of game.

RIP plastic instruments, 2005-2013.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had a great run, but I guess I should've seen this coming once the prices dropped and they began the Blitz exports.

I'll be sad to see the DLC go, as this coupled with the fact they aren't making or selling official product anymore signals the end of the Rock Band franchise to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The End by The Doors is gonna be the final DLC.

Calling it.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Remember You by Skid Row?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
louster200  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more RBN for PS3, either? Fuuuuuuuck.

This is really sad to hear. (( I guess Rock Band/Guitar Hero is truly dead.

RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having been with Harmonix since the very beginning, through Guitar Hero, through the quarrels and eventual breakaway to Rock Band, through the fan boy wars, through all the awesome games and DLC that were released, all I have to say is I'm not sad one bit. You've turned me on to music I never thought I'd like in all my life, and if anything, I thank you just for that. It was a great ride, and I'll cherish every minute of it whenever I go back to play any of their games from here on out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
The End by The Doors is gonna be the final DLC.

Calling it.

American Pie?

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is genuinely a sad day.

Been with Harmonix from GH2. That one day when I saw it in HMV and thought it looked interested has led to almost 6 years of keeping up with this series. From my early days on SH struggling to progress to Hard, through the divide between GH3 and RB1, and the eventual waning of the series, I've spent far too long on this site than I care to admit, and made some brilliant friends along the way.

I guess this is it, then. Whilst I haven't bought a DLC song in around a year, and I haven't played seriously for roughly that time, this is still sad to see.

RIP plastic guitars, I guess.

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
Chucklestyle  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the killer tunes and killer times, HMX.

Best games ever.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Chucklestyle
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was inevitable, but nonetheless saddening. I know it may not mean a lot to some, but to me it was a big part of my life. Rock Band was what got me so involved in music and led me to experience bands and songs I would have never heard otherwise.
I always looked forward to hearing what was coming out on Friday, then watch videos of the songs on Tuesday. I always hoping that one day I'd be able to play songs from Weird Al, and now that day will never come. I've also had plenty of memories with my friends and I all getting together and having the full band experience.
I remember seeing the first press release of the game, where there were no screenshots, no trailers, just promises. Promises of being able to play different instruments and being able to sing my favorite songs. I could be my own rock star. And in every way they delivered. I wouldn't have continued to improve my guitar skills if it weren't for Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Hell, I doubt I would have picked it up at all. It made me appreciate what goes into making music and made me really listen to the instrumentation. I also wouldn't have found this great community that shared the same love of these games with me.
I'm going to miss you Rock Band. Farewell.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
American Pie

I'll put money on this.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: