FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Weird PSN store glitch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Weird PSN store glitch Reply with quote

I spent most of today buying all of the songs that I missed while my PS3 was dead...for the most part it went smoothly, but I ran into a small issue with a few songs...I couldn't find them in the store. Specifically these 4 songs:

"Built to Grind" by Anarchy Club
"Frontier Factory: Remanufactured" by Freen in Green
"Cold Kiss" by Amberian Dawn
"Corporate Control" by Sunny Side Up

I figured that they had been pulled and was kinda bummed about it...I don't actually know any of the songs but all 4 artists are solid, so I assumed that I would have liked at least two of them. However, I did some searching on lists of pulled RBN songs and none of these songs were ever mentioned. Eventually I decided to search the online PSN store (which is awesome by the way) for the specific song titles...and I found them. Turns out they were accidentally listed as RBN 1.0 instead of RBN 2.0, meaning that they weren't in the RB3 section (which is where I was downloading everything else from). Weird...I wonder if this will have any implications in-game...if any trill/strum lanes get removed because of this I will be happy.

Here is a picture of the glitch:

Notice how Go says "Rock Band 3" above it but Cold Kiss does not.

Ultimately I don't think this has any effects beyond just making it hard to find these songs in the store...but I will attempt to play them in-game soon and report back if anything weird happens.

EDIT: The songs seem to work normally...I didn't actually play them fully yet because I like to do my sightreads in order by release date, but I loaded each one of them up and played the first few notes. Since none of them crashed the game upon doing this, I assume that the only possible issue would be the removal of any lanes. Which would be a good thing anyway.

espher  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could just be an error with the store classification and not the files themselves.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this has to do with Harmonix when they re-did all the icons for RBN a while back. They probably accidentally screwed those up. It definitely shouldn't affect how the songs themselves play, as it just affects where the song appears in the store interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: