FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Top 11 Worst Charted Songs For Guitar [Update 9/2/13]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OcosnTyrantis  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Before I Forget" by Slipknot.

Yes, I am on about RB3's version. I'd honestly say that GH3 > RB3 with BIF.
Confury  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Yeah, Nihilanth shouldn't be anywhere near this list. It may be insanely hard and not terribly great to listen to, but it's not inaccurate or a "bad" chart.

I agree with this, and not just because I helped work on the song. People have to realize that there's a difference between "terrible" charting and crazy/sloppy playing on the musician's part. Just because a solo is batshit insane on GH/RB doesn't mean it's automatically wrong (see: Chaotrope). I can attest that for every note charted during Nihilanth, there's a played note to go along with it. Some of the wrapping could change but that's subjective.

Anyway, rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled chart bashing (which a lot of RBN songs deserve).
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BobDole  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the pro-Nihilanth crowd...I haven't actually played the song since it's not on PS3, but I've seen videos of it. It looked ridiculously hard, but as far as I could tell there was nothing wrong with the chart (besides possibly nitpicky things, but that's irrelevant if you're trying to find the worst charts). It's just really goddamn hard. To paraphrase Confury, "crazy hard" does not necessarily equate with "bad chart."

IMO this list should just replace Nihilanth with Pulse of the Maggots and go from there.

Also I'd like to give a mention to Long Hot Summer Night and Raining Blood, both for their incredibly unnecessary strum lanes.

Long Hot Summer Night: The Hendrix pack that this comes from was pretty annoying overall, but this is the standout example IMO...the end has doublets charted as strum lanes for christ sake.

Raining Blood: Even though I hate lanes in general, I can at least accept the idea of the initial green streak leading into the ending solo being a lane...but then they chart rhythm during the solo and continue using lanes all the way up until the end...seriously? I'm not complaining about them charting rhythm; that strumming would be kinda fun if not for the lanes.

nunovanhalen023  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BDoleSH's mere presence reminded me of the astoundingly awful charting of The Stooges songs.

I also concur w/ adding PotM and removing Nihilanth. That is all.
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nunovanhalen023 wrote:
BDoleSH's mere presence reminded me of the astoundingly awful charting of The Stooges songs.

^^ This exactly, every word is what i was thinking xD
Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand-master wrote:
nunovanhalen023 wrote:

^^ This exactly, every word is what i was thinking xD

I think the list can be expanded into a Top 10 or a Top 20. I'd put awful charts such as Pawns, Pulse Of The Maggots, Scream Aim Fire, and Seasons In The Abyss (the solo at least).

PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"pin(ballz)" - Chords are charted completely wrong. Higher ones are on the lower frets. ._.

"Not Again" - Not just for the solo, but also for the blatantly sloppy note tracking in the verses.

"Pulse of the Maggots" - jaflk;adsfhdkjgkldhgkjahsldhasfk

"Pawns" - One of those charts that seems to do just about everything to make itself look bad.

All of the Stooges songs

And...

/endthread

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seriously if I should make my own list. Not just for guitar, but for Drums, Bass, and Keys.

Even though the only one I know shit about would be Guitar and Drums.

DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread needs 100% more Black Cloud. Fortunately it was pulled so nobody else can experience the badness.

Koetsu  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst, or most annoying? Then I'd contribute Hash Pipe, for those laborious chords, Saturday Night's All Right for Fighting, because the on-offness of everything making it a nightmare to play. Panic is also really annoying with the alternating chords. I'd play them all on Hard if it wasn't stupid-easy.
-Magnum-  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confury wrote:

People have to realize that there's a difference between "terrible" charting and crazy/sloppy playing on the musician's part.

Ah, the days of being 15 years old: when playing as fast as I could was all I really cared about.

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Magnum- wrote:
Confury wrote:

People have to realize that there's a difference between "terrible" charting and crazy/sloppy playing on the musician's part.

Ah, the days of being 15 years old: when playing as fast as I could was all I really cared about.

We all went through that stage haha, was 15 years old for me too (albeit on drums). Anyway I have to pipe up in support of Nihilanth as well, I don't notice anything too out of place on it.

And of course PoM, regardless of how he actually plays it on a guitar, nothing should ever be charted like that.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
iBeScracher  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Top 8 Worst Charted Songs For Guitar Reply with quote

iBeScracher wrote:
Remember, this is an opinion of only a few, if you feel the list should be changed in any way, please leave a comment. This will be updated frequently based on peer review, comments and new songs.

Blue = RBN
Red = RBN2
Green = DLC

7. Black Cloud by Scott Gehrett. [FCed]
OH MY GOD. That second solo... It actually makes me angry to look at this chart, thank you to B.O.D to bringing this to my attention. The only reason this song doesn't appear higher on this list, is because there is only one part (at least that I can see) is charted badly (Solo 2). This song is also horrible to listen to.

6. Pawns by Dead by Wednesday [FCed]
Not a horrible chart difficulty wise, but still terribly inaccurate. Lots of things in the verse's were charted (wrongly) as fast chords, and the solo (especially the end of it) is just awful, visibly and audibly, with what seems to be trills, on three different frets, and forced strums.

5. On And On by Fallen Angel [JPrez44]
A generic Fallen Angel song, but in the chart I see no comparison. The beginning of the Solo starts with a fast trill, then quickly going into strange clusterf**k with Chimneys, Reverse Chimneys, Alt Sweeps and such, after that you are faced with uneven fast trills. But that's not all, a few minuets later, we basically go into the exact same thing, did I forget to mention that there are strums in-between all tapping?...

4. A Slight Amplification by Turrigenous [Un-FCed]
Oh God..Where do I begin? Around 20/1500 notes in this song are Hammerons/Pulloffs, the rest are forced strums, which are always awful.
The riffs are very difficult, but when you finally get to the Solo, it starts with a miss-able set of Triplets, going into what appears to be Alt-Chimneys, but with forced strums, and don't even ask me what the f**k that is at the end of the solo...

Solo 2 is hard aswell. 10/10 chokefest.

3. Time No More by Evile [ScracherSH]
Great...More GH1 nonsense...
Well as always there are a number of forced strums during the verses, but the main reason this went Un-FCed for so long was because of the bridge, which I suppose you have to see yourself as it's really hard to explain. Let's just say that the band's actual guitarist should never chart their own song. After that, there is a really chokeable Solo and outro strumming, all fairly inaccurate chart-wise.

2. Operation Ground and Pound by Dragonforce [Un-FCed]
A paragraph explain all of this songs chart faults would be far too long, so I decided to go with key bullet points..
Solo 1: 26.666+ NPS trill at the very end of the Solo.
Solo 4: 26.666 NPS Sweep at the very start, around the same speed 3&4 note trill patterns which happen twice, fast triplets which descend into short strumming, then just some Dragonforce - esquire madness for the rest of it.

1. Pulse of the Maggots by Slipknot[Un-FCed]
Easily the worst chart ever on any rhythm game without a doubt.
I really don't even want to go into a long one because of the amount of BullS**t charted (although even if I wanted to, I can hardly read the chart). If anybody wants to add anything about this please tell me.

www.youtube.com/user/iBeScracher
ALPHA STRIKE FC!!
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 words:

Antibodies, antibodies, antibodies, antibodies!

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malkieriking wrote:
4 words:

Antibodies, antibodies, antibodies, antibodies!

Again, annoying and hard =/= poorly charted

Also, I'd swap A Slight Amplification and Time No More. Time No More is balls-stupid to play, but it's mostly technically accurate. Definitely worthy of being on the list just because it was authored with no intention of playability, but A Slight Amplification is the same level of stupid authoring, but MUCH less accurate.

And once again, needs more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zq9czuPccY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: