FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
THE BEST DRUM SETUP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Menacex911  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: THE BEST DRUM SETUP Reply with quote

I have an Ion Drum Rocker with Mylar pads and the silencer pads on them.
I just ordered the mesh head replacements, and expect to get them soon.
I've been back and forth with pedals, but I'm now at two Roadie pedals with an Ion Dual Kick Module.

What i want to know is what everyone else thinks is THE BEST stuff, or a list of the best stuff from best to worst.

Personally, I'm mostly curious about what everyone thinks the best bass pedals are, because i feel that the Roadies are too clunky, loud, and rebound-less for faster pedals than, say, "Hook, Line, and Sinner (2x bass pedal).
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The setup inv4der posted is clearly the best, but as a potential runner-up I use a Roland TD-9 kit with a MIDI Pro Adapter that is a pretty sweet setup.
Menacex911  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
The setup inv4der posted is clearly the best, but as a potential runner-up I use a Roland TD-9 kit with a MIDI Pro Adapter that is a pretty sweet setup.

How are the pedals for that kit? If they work with the Ion, I'd consider buying them
Dommu  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/jawnintendo/Rock%20Band/MyDrumset.jpg

All that Dr.Pepper. o.o

As for pedals, I've only used ions and never had a real problem with them. I always hear good things about the Rolands however.
Menacex911  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dommu wrote:
inv4der wrote:

All that Dr.Pepper.

As for pedals, I've only used ions and never had a real problem with them. I always hear good things about the Rolands however.

I like the Roadies because of how the sensor works, but its just so damn loud, i cant hear myself with too fast of a double pedal section =\
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dommu wrote:
inv4der wrote:

All that Dr.Pepper.

While I'm not jawnintendo, I will make an educated guess that those cans are required for proper functioning of the kit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
While I'm not jawnintendo, I will make an educated guess that those cans are required for proper functioning of the kit.
jawnintendo confirmed for Bang On A Can All-Star
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menacex911 wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:

How are the pedals for that kit? If they work with the Ion, I'd consider buying them

You're going to buy a $2000 drum set to make it work with the Ion?

Anyway the TD-9 doesn't come with a pedal. But it comes with a kickpad and you use a real bass pedal of your choice on it.

Seriously if you want "the best" you should look at e-kits.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menacex911 wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:

I don't think you understand what a TD-9 is.

It's a real electronic drumset and will cost you at least $2,000, and that's if you buy it through Musician's Friend and set it up yourself, it doesn't come with pedals as it's expected that you'll already have a real double bass pedal (I'd personally suggest the Tama Iron Cobra Jr. Double pedal as a good beginner pedal. It's pretty cheap at only $200, and is easy to setup and maintain in good condition).
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: