FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
stubbscroll's pro keys - RBN and other stuff
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: stubbscroll's pro keys - RBN and other stuff Reply with quote

It's about time I made an accomplishment thread. I've been playing pro keys since the release of RB3, and it's pretty much the only instrument I play now. I currently play two-handed.

Recent accomplishments:

2015-01-22: Stash -4, 150 or so new FCs, passed some hard RBN songs
2014-01-12: Stash GS, at least 4* on all songs except 2, 5* on all songs except 31
2013-10-01: Shout GS, Du hast GS
2013-09-30: I'm still standing GS, Jungle boogie GS
League stuff
2013-02-10: Higher ground 5*, So far away FC, Pumped up kicks FC, Once bitten twice shy GS, Me enamora GS, Portions for foxes GS, This bastard's life GS
2013-01-30: Passed all RB3 songs (Roundabout pass), In a big country 5* (62/63), Cold as ice FC
2013-01-22: Moves like Jagger FC, Always FC, Stronger (what doesn't kill you) FC, Rainbow in the dark FC, Whip it FC, Oh my god FC, Don't stand to close to me FC, In waves FC, I got stripes FC, 5* on various songs
2013-01-15: Llama 5*, I'm still standing 5*
2013-01-11: Saturday night's alright for fighting 5*
2013-01-10: Bohemian Rhapsody 5*
2013-01-09: Don't stop me now 5*

Older accomplishments (december 2012 and earlier):

Free bird 5*
Death on two legs GS
Stronger (what doesn't kill you) GS
Fly like an eagle 5*
Passed Frankenstein, Free ride, Higher ground (all with 3*)

My scores:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/scores.php?user=2546&game=9&platform=2&size=1&team=0&group=28&diff=4&vox=solo

Goals:
- Get 5* on all songs, starting with the lowest tiers
- Get 55/63 gold stars on RB3
- Improve my star count on DLC songs
- Make this first post nicer with colours and stuff
- Get 4 stars on Roundabout
- Get 5 stars on Roundabout
- Make my banners nicer

Current stats:
62/63 5* (RB3 on-disc) (Roundabout)
54/63 GS (RB3 on-disc)
42/63 FC (RB3 on-disc) (+ 4 100% overhits)
19/19 GS (Blitz)
11/19 FC (Blitz)

Last edited by stubbscroll on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:31 pm; edited 14 times in total
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stronger (what doesn't kill you), gold stars (image)

Stronger (what doesn't kill you), gold stars. This song isn't too bad two-handed. I've FCed each section multiple times, but the arpeggios are still very missable, making the full FC incredibly hard. I might go for this later.

Death on two legs, gold stars (image)

Death on two legs, gold stars. I noticed that the song is very easy outside the intro, so I decided to try to go for gold stars. I got 60% or so in the intro, but I managed to get the first overdrive phrase, which is crucial for getting enough points. In this run I hit the rest of the song, except that I missed during the last 3 chords.

Free bird 5* (image)

Free bird 5*. I've worked towards this for a long time. Keeping combo is very difficult everywhere, so I focused on comboing the sustained chords in the slow part, as well as learning to play several sections one-handed in the solo to be able to activate OD without breaking combo.

Don't stop me now 5* (forgot to take screenshot). This one took some work. I played each section multiple times in practice mode, until I could FC each section (I eventually gave up on Intro A, where I got 95%). Since I knew I could hit (almost) everything in the song, I was just a matter of getting a run where I didn't mess up too much, especially under OD. The most troublesome spot for me was the beginning of the chorus with the quickly changing chords.

Bohemian rhapsody 5* (image)

Bohemian rhapsody 5*. Decided to try another Queen song. This one wasn't too bad as I thought (at first the bridge looks very intimidating). As usual, I played most sections in practice mode. making sure I had mastered the sections leading up to the bridge, so that I could score these chords ("I see a little silhouette of a man...") under 8x. I actually didn't practice the bridge except from these chords, but made sure I could pass the rest without activating. Then, my next plan was to use OD over the easy chords in the heavy part. Unfortunately, in my 5* run I botched this part (broke streak just as I was activating OD), but somehow I managed to get the 5*. I guess I could get 30k more on a run with less messups, but at least I got 5*.

Last edited by stubbscroll on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
mazegeek999PSN  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! With your skill in being able to pass songs like Higher Ground and 5-starring Fly Like an Eagle, I could see you getting at least 62/63 RB3 5-stars (Roundabout is pretty difficult, but doable). Great accomplishments you have there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job with your stuff. I gotta answer to this quote ''as well as learning to play several sections one-handed in the solo to be able to activate OD without breaking combo'' If you have drums, you can use the pedal to activate, easier to concentrate on what you do with your hands, without limitating yourself with one hand for certain parts ;)
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job with GSing Death on Two Legs, that took me a while. I bet if you try enough you can FC

and I agree with maze, you should go for 62/63 5*s.
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazegeek999PSN: Thanks! My immediate goal is to get 62/63 5*. Roundabout seems to be difficult for now, but hopefully I'll be able to get Llama, where I currently have 4*.

Alternity: Thanks, I didn't know that, I never noticed the minijack connectors on the right side of the keyboard! Luckily I have a Madcatz portable drum set (which I actually bought not for playing drums, but to have a controller with a more precise D-pad).

Hobo111: I don't think I can FC Death on two legs, the intro is too insane... My best is around 66%.

Also, another accomplishment:

Saturday night's alright for fighting 5* (image)

Saturday night's alright for fighting, 5 stars. This took me around 10 tries, which means this was slightly easier than getting 5* on Fly like an eagle. I kept breaking combo everywhere, especially in the hook/outro sections, which mostly lead to 4* scores, even with 98% notes hit... Finally I had that one run where I broke combo less times, and even hit some crucial OD phrases. I used a pedal to activate OD, thank you Alternity for this tip!

Last edited by stubbscroll on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llama 5* (image)

Llama 5 stars. This one took a lot of work, probably around 5-10 hours across 3 days. By the time I finally got 5* I had mastered the intro solo (except the scale which I only hit occasionally), verse 1, chorus 1, parts of the "gtr solo" sections and chorus 2, as well as randomly keeping combo in some other spots based on pure reaction. I used OD in chorus 1, second half of "gtr solo" (because I could occasionally get a 100 note streak from here and into gtr solo a+b), start of chorus 2 and outro. I managed to get the 5* despite missing some OD phrases in gtr solo a and gtr solo b that I usually hit. 59/63 5* now, missing two easy ones (Midlife crisis, Don't stand so close to me), one very hard (In a big country), and one impossible (Roundabout).

I'm still standing 5* (image)

I'm still standing 5 stars. This took a couple of hours. It helps that I find this song very fun to play. Mastering the verses and pre-choruses did the trick for me. I never became too consistent at the chord hopping under the "I'm still standing, yeah yeah yeah". With this, I have 5-starred all Blitz songs.

Other recent accomplishments:

Diamond eyes (boom-lay) gold stars
Tennessee flat top box gold stars (looks possible to FC)
Break on through (to the other side) gold stars
Do you feel like we do (live), passed with 3*, almost failed in end trills
I wish, passed with 3*
Sir duke, passed with 3*
South side of the sky, passed with 3*

Last edited by stubbscroll on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
googleimage  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta-BOOYA!!! 5*ing Llama on any instrument with a pro label is a hell of a feat.
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

googleimage: Thanks! Llama is difficult on pretty much anything (except vocals, maybe).

New week, new accomplishments.

Moves like Jagger FC (image)

Moves like Jagger, Blitz FC #1. Quite easy after learning the whistle riff.

Always FC (image)

Always, Blitz FC #2. Ugh. I originally wanted to just get gold stars, but it turned out that the cutoff was high and I ended up needing to FC. This took too many tries, but I'm glad I'm done with this song now, as I can't stand it.

Stronger (what doesn't kill you) FC (image)

Stronger (what doesn't kill you), Blitz FC #3. Probably my best FC so far. I find this song very fun to play, and I've usually played this song at least once in each session, and I've been very close to the FC earlier. Finally decided to grind it out today. The hardest parts for me were the transition between the bridge chords and the arpeggio, as well as the bridge arpeggio itself (the timing here seems fishy to me). I ended up playing the F chord with my left hand to have more time to position my right hand for the arpeggio. I played the lower note of all arpeggios with my left hand.

Midlife crisis 100% overhit (image)

Midlife crisis, 5* 60/63. Decided to get the easy 5* I've been missing, and went for gold at the same time. Unfortunately, I overhit shortly after the rapid-note bridge thingy, but luckily my multiplier reached 4x before it was chord time again.

Don't stand so close to me FC (image)

Don't stand so close to me, 5* 61/63 (also RB3 FC #16). Again, decided to go for gold as well as 5*. My first GS run also got me FC. Easy after learning the weird chords in the bridge.

And some random DLC FCs:

In waves FC (image)

In waves, DLC FC #1

I got stripes FC (image)

I got stripes, DLC FC #2

Accomplishments without screenshots:

Rainbow in the dark, RB3 FC #13. About time, I guess.
Whip it, RB3 FC #14. Same here.
Oh my god, RB3 FC #15. Now I never have to play it again. Probably lost many points since I couldn't whammy, as I did this with two hands. Somehow it is very awkward for me to play chords one-handed when the low note is black.
Cry, cry, cry 4*. Pretty happy with this one. Will probably try to get 5* later.
Seven seas of Rhye 5*
Bicycle race 5*
I want to break free 5*. With this, I have at least 5 stars on all songs in the Warmup, Apprentice and Solid tiers that I own.

Also, some more gold stars in Blitz, I now have 12/19. My new goal is to get 16/19 (I think I'm still standing, Jungle boogle and Once bitten twice shy are out of reach for now).

Last edited by stubbscroll on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Alternity  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, you have more 5 stars than me now, on the RB3 setlist.

Seven Seas or Rhye and Bicycle Race's GS will come fast once you 5 star them, just keep at them ;)
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternity wrote:
Nice, you have more 5 stars than me now, on the RB3 setlist.

Seven Seas or Rhye and Bicycle Race's GS will come fast once you 5 star them, just keep at them ;)

Thanks! You seem like a much better player than me, so I think it shouldn't be too hard for you to get some more, for instance I got you (I feel good) if you can stand playing it. While I think I can tech FC Bicycle race, I overhit far too much to hope for GS right now. I'm also too inconsistent in the arpeggios in Seven cities of Rhye. I'll revisit them later when I can cope with fast stuff without overhitting.

Accomplishments since last time:

Roundabout pass, 3* (image)

Roundabout (pass 63/63, 3*). Whew. While it took me 2-3 weeks to pass the other 62 songs, this took no less than 26 months. The only places I could get OD was from the bridge and between organ solo 1 and 2. My OD activations were in solo 1 (which I can't pass without OD) and in the last chorus (safety measure, I can barely hold the meter there, and I really didn't want to fail there). I took around 7 tries to survive the guitar break without OD. That part is annoying because it's so hit or miss. Either I do well and can reach 4x occasionally, or I am slightly out of tempo and fail out within 2 seconds. If I didn't suck so much at the choruses I could have had a shot at a much higher score (maybe 4*).

In a big country 5* (image)

In a big country 5 stars 62/63. Finally! This was the most intimidating of the last few songs I hadn't 5-starred (except Roundabout). Getting 5* required learning the hopping chords. I ended up using separate techniques (very dubious ones) for each chord pattern. For the E major shape, I had my right hand on E G# B (thumb, index, ring) and my left hand on low B+E (yep, two fingers on E). I used the left hand to hit the lowest chord, and my right hand for the two others. For the E+G#, C#+F# and B+E chords I hit the low notes with my left hand and the high notes with my right (index, middle, ring, one finger on each note). I never found a reliable technique for the A major shape (couldn't use the E maj technique, since I suck at hitting black keys with my thumb). These techniques and some luck in the very missable melody parts gave me 5*.

Cold as ice Fc (image)

Cold as ice, FC #17. I had this almost gold-starred in november 2010, so I guess it was overdue. Naturally playing this two-handed makes it much, much easier, but the arpeggios are still rather missable. Luckily the hardest part (the solo) is 10 seconds into the song.

Cry, cry, cry 5* (image)

Cry, cry, cry 5 stars. Got the supposedly hardest Cash song out of the way, so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad to get 5* on the rest of the pack.

Higher ground 4* (image)

Higher ground 4 stars. I'm happy with this, as the chart is pretty much a total mess. I like the song and actually find it fun to play after having reached the level where I can play it without being afraid of failing out. 5* is still a far way away, I need to learn a couple of sections I've never hit before.

New goals:

Johnny Cash 5*
5* on all songs I own in the Solid and Moderate tiers (unfortunately, I bought the Bee Gees pack making this goal much harder)
Get more gold stars in RB3 and Blitz

Last edited by stubbscroll on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
megallica  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job with that Roundabout pass

i still can't pass the gtr break without OD, so that's pretty crazy to me

i always try to hold out until near the end of it, so it'll still help with the guitar solo

that Cold as Ice FC is pretty cool too

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Roundabout pass
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Nice Roundabout pass

agree with this comment
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Higher ground 5* (image)

Higher ground 5* (#5 on the 360 leaderboards). My score went up by a lot after learning to hit the quick G#-A-A# and A#-B-C notes in the verses, I hit these with my left hand, using ring-middle-index. This is mostly the result of playing the song a lot over the last 3 weeks, getting more and more consistent in the main verse riff and the easier choruses. I used 2 hands, one hand for each half of the keyboard basically. There are still some sections I can't hit, some of the choruses and alt-choruses are rough.

Some other accomplishments:

RB3 on-disc
Me enamora GS 42/63
Portions for foxes GS 43/63
This bastard's life GS 44/63

RB Blitz
Pumped up kicks, FC #4
So far away, FC #5
Once bitten, twice shy GS 16/19

New goal: Blitz 19/19 GS (need Shout, Jungle boogle, I'm still standing)

Last edited by stubbscroll on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: