FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/8 DLC: Blitz Singles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
i can't believe rock band is fucking dead

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
Lame week, Harmonix. Not even one new song? They totally phoned this one in, maybe they were too hung over from holiday parties.

Considering the lead times for first party submission are a bit longer around the holiday and these had to be approved before people went on vacation, I imagine it's much more rational to release songs you know 100% for sure won't get pulled at the last minute. Hence why you're more likely to see new songs alongside Blitz tracks after this week.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
raynebc wrote:
Lame week, Harmonix. Not even one new song? They totally phoned this one in, maybe they were too hung over from holiday parties.

Considering the lead times for first party submission are a bit longer around the holiday and these had to be approved before people went on vacation, I imagine it's much more rational to release songs you know 100% for sure won't get pulled at the last minute. Hence why you're more likely to see new songs alongside Blitz tracks after this week.

Before you speculate, read this: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233201
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree that it was nice of them to give an announcement explaining it. Still a pretty god awful week though, granted most of them lately have been.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Xenigma  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All things considered, I'm pretty okay with this. Far better to have the release schedule padded with Blitz releases for a while than for the DLC pipeline to dry up entirely as Harmonix focuses on new projects.

Lasfas  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's that I haven't been around here in a while, but why is everyone hating on this week's DLC?

Dammit. 1000.
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
LyokoFreaks wrote:

Then you aren't very attentive.

Jokes aside, there's always RBN and I would wager most RB players - through no fault of their own - have undiscovered favorites waiting for them in the RBN catalog. Finding those favorites, though, can be a chore.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawrencein wrote:
DVDSmith wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Yup.

Well then.

That rules out another Foo Fighters pack.

Yup.

Sadly, I think it also rules out a BNL pack or a Queen pack. Those were the other two singles released on Wii last August.

Harmonix already ruled out a Queen pack. Also nothing for me here.

Lol thank you for promoting!

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
lawrencein  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmxhenry wrote:
3pic81ueUnicorn wrote:

I don't see this as a slowing down of DLC. As it seems, the bi-weekly Blitz releases are not a sign of a slow down, but of Harmonix giving those who couldn't or didn't want to purchase Blitz the opportunity to purchase the content they want.

While we most definitely do want to make these songs available for the people that want them, this should most definitely be seen as a slow down of DLC. The first line in the announcement references a slow down in the DLC production pipeline, so while I totally understand that people want to stay positive, we should all be realistic about the state of things at this point.

hmxhenry wrote:
Scythemaster 37 wrote:

My question is, after the blitz singles all come out, are you going to continue to release weekly DLC? Or will it be the end of weekly DLC and start bi-weekly DLC?

As with regular DLC announcements, i.e. announcing weekly rather than monthly or announcing batches of upcoming releases all at once, we try to avoid commenting too far out because the schedule / production / testing / submission can still change. We'll have more info as we get closer to releasing all of the Blitz singles.

RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
lawrencein wrote:
DVDSmith wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Yup.

Well then.

That rules out another Foo Fighters pack.

Yup.

Sadly, I think it also rules out a BNL pack or a Queen pack. Those were the other two singles released on Wii last August.

Harmonix already ruled out a Queen pack. Also nothing for me here.

Lol thank you for promoting!

Haha I was surprised as well after I saw it wasn't from you. Well I guess there's nothing wrong with a shameless plug once in a while anyway...

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
TheLonging wrote:
LyokoFreaks wrote:

Then you aren't very attentive. .

i cant believe hmxhenry is fucking dead

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
Smoke weed erryday.
isaacindahouse  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so fucking stupid. If a Wii player wants to play these blitz tracks so bad, they should just buy a 360 like every other Wii player did (including me) when they realized that the Wii is the inferior console for RB. I'm not surprised though, since the DLC has been getting slowly worse and worse ever since 2012. All I can say is that I'm glad that customs and RBN exist, otherwise I would have quit this game a long time ago

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: isaacindahouse1
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isaacindahouse wrote:
That's so fucking stupid. If a Wii player wants to play these blitz tracks so bad, they should just buy a 360 like every other Wii player did (including me) when they realized that the Wii is the inferior console for RB. I'm not surprised though, since the DLC has been getting slowly worse and worse ever since 2012. All I can say is that I'm glad that customs and RBN exist, otherwise I would have quit this game a long time ago

Yes, because clearly just about anyone can afford a 360, a new RB game with new controllers, rebuying DLC, Blitz, Xbox Live, etc. And clearly RB has so little replayability that the five instruments and hundreds of songs you might have, and the 4k+ songs on RB and RBN alone (assuming about 15 - 20k different charts with only one instrument alone on Expert excluding pro) isn't enough, because clearly Harmonix does not care about you, and clearly Rock Band is dead because they simply gave up on DLC.

Excellent thinking there issacindahouse. You have inspired many of us.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
Smoke weed erryday.
isaacindahouse  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Noted.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: isaacindahouse1
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2012 WAS a pretty bad year for dlc
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: