FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/30 DLC: Andrew W.K. and Hot Chelle Rae
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A7r2HuOVmo

Apparently, Party Hard was already leaked on wii

DLC of the Year.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I get to be the Curmudgeoney bastard of Scorehero today; another DLC announcement, another week with absolutely no songs I'm interested in or enjoy.

2012 has overall been the most disappointing year for official DLC, decided to go back and count my DLC from this year and in fact only bought 13 songs this year that weren't from RBN (half of which were the Iron Maiden epics pack).

Sincerely hoping this trend doesn't continue through 2013.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Nuke39 wrote:
I'll be that guy, Hot Chelle Rae is SO BAD that if I bought every DLC song ever at this point, I would stop as to not have that song.

It's a terrible song but not any worse than the Bruno Mars pack.

I just now listened to this song for the first time, and I can see where there might be some appeal for the vocalist (and if it's a popular song, good for parties). He has a point about the 3 chord part of it though, it will be terribly boring. I thought I might have heard something interesting happening on keys or guitar in the background in the middle, but I guess we'll see. I thought it was bad, but not outrageously worse than the other pop we get.

Though I always think of songs that use "Ooh" or "La la" as main parts as being just lazy. Usually I make the argument in favor of a lot of pop music that writing a very simple but catchy melody is actually difficult, but this one just feels like something we've all heard so much before, literally nothing makes it interesting. Putting this next to band like fun., a group that is so unique compared to today's pop stars (Fun fact: They're the first multi-member band to have a No. 1 song on the Billboard 100 since 2001), all of the sudden We Are Young looks great.

I also listened to Party Hard just now. Will probably pick that up. Interesting how that song is pretty simple too (as far as melody, lyrical themes, etc) but it's much more fun.

(Not that anyone wanted my long-winded opinion about this anyways, but I'm always interested to finally listen to "that popular song that everybody hates" and decide what I think of it on it's own, not just because it's on the radio)

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

(Not that anyone wanted my long-winded opinion about this anyways, but I'm always interested to finally listen to "that popular song that everybody hates" and decide what I think of it on it's own, not just because it's on the radio)

That's basically what I was doing too, because I'm sufficiently well-insulated from mass media that I don't tend to hear this stuff unless I want to (my ongoing empathy to anyone working retail ...). To me it sounds like a song written in half an hour. It's not worthy of hate because you would then be directing more energy towards the song than was required to create it.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so ready to Party Hard. That song has fascinated me for years, how did it get so popular? It's like, a punk song, with a metal tone, and almost pop-like lyrics and general purpose... I remember it was the theme song of Madden 03 and was just very popular in general, how did something so metal sounding go so main stream? The world may never know... Can't wait to play it on Tuesday though, first time I've bought DLC since the power week with Jessica and whatnot.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
I am so ready to Party Hard. That song has fascinated me for years, how did it get so popular? It's like, a punk song, with a metal tone, and almost pop-like lyrics and general purpose... I remember it was the theme song of Madden 03 and was just very popular in general, how did something so metal sounding go so main stream? The world may never know... Can't wait to play it on Tuesday though, first time I've bought DLC since the power week with Jessica and whatnot.

It's all about the attitude, I'd say.

I'll probably get Party Hard when I can, and I also hope we someday get Ready To Die because it's a great song.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:

Dropped at the right time in the culture when metal was picking up and the Angry White Boy was either in vogue or worth mockery. Some people liked it because of the camp, some people took it seriously. That entire album is full of fantastic high energy songs with a bunch of style crossovers and delightful levels of attitude.

Plus Andrew WK just writes good shit and he was so endearing in any interviews he did.

He and his music endure to this day due to these factors, the meme status of Party Hard, and last (but not least) his appearance at the Gathering of the Juggalos.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
and last (but not least) his appearance at the Gathering of the Juggalos.

What?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
espher  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
espher wrote:

What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUOvnbCtnVQ

Legendary.

Mystakin  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
(Fun fact: They're the first multi-member band to have a No. 1 song on the Billboard 100 since 2001), all of the sudden We Are Young looks great.

I wracked my brain trying to figure out how Cracked is defining "multi-member band" to make this claim. Maroon 5, Coldplay and Plain White T's have all had No.1 singles between 2001 and 2012.

I may never understand why Andrew WK is so beloved in Internet culture, but I'm glad fans of his can finally play his music in Rock Band.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
TheLonging wrote:
espher wrote:

What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUOvnbCtnVQ

Legendary.

Ok. That was awesome.
megallica  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

That's basically what I was doing too, because I'm sufficiently well-insulated from mass media that I don't tend to hear this stuff unless I want to (my ongoing empathy to anyone working retail ...). To me it sounds like a song written in half an hour. It's not worthy of hate because you would then be directing more energy towards the song than was required to create it.

speaking of songs written in half an hour, i think this song would make for a more interesting chart

that's one song in the bank... next song

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:
speaking of songs written in half an hour, i think this song would make for a more interesting chart

that's one song in the bank... next song

If that song had pro guitar it would literally be one note because there are no bends lol
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
(Fun fact: They're the first multi-member band to have a No. 1 song on the Billboard 100 since 2001), all of the sudden We Are Young looks great.

I wracked my brain trying to figure out how Cracked is defining "multi-member band" to make this claim. Maroon 5, Coldplay and Plain White T's have all had No.1 singles between 2001 and 2012.

Good point, I didn't think of that. Maybe there is a genre qualifier they left out? "First multi-member non-pop band"? I wouldn't describe fun. as pop at all. Or maybe it's just poor writing, maybe "one of the only multi-member bands" is what should have been written. Who knows.

But my point stands, they were a surprise as a pop hit and even though I've grown tired of We Are Young, I hope it sells well in Rock Band and they can do something as exciting as Aim and Ignite in the future.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe Cracked lists are just always poorly written and researched and this is just one example of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: