FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Real sticks or RB sticks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Real sticks or RB sticks? Reply with quote

Which do you prefer to use with RB drums, real drum sticks, or official RB drum sticks? I just got a new pair of On-Stage Sticks Selected Hickory 5A drum sticks today, and was wondering if they would be better to play with on RB drums?
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB drumsticks ARE real sticks. They're pretty lightweight, but they are real drumsticks.

As to which to use, I guess it really depends on personal preference. Lighter sticks will probably increase the longetivity of a RB drumkit, but otherwise? It should pretty much be preference.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually use heavier sticks on my left hand than on my right, but that was mainly as a skill-builder than anything. Using heavier sticks is known to be a good preliminary step to lighter sticks, as it could potentially increase speed and improve technique.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Official RB sticks" I believe are 7As.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
DemonDelight  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a pair of Zildjan 7A Nylon tips. I Like them better than wood for Rock Band / V drums because they give off a sharper feel when striking the pad, seems to help with accuracy.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Demon Delight PSN Name: DemonDelight
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that completely, back when my goodwoods still worked I used 5B nylon tipped sticks it definitely helped quite a bit on the mesh heads.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Dante77  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm obliged to use real sticks since I split one of the RB ones in half and the other one ended up kind of curved to one side; they didn't last long. I used 5Bs which I considered pretty heavy, but I have no idea about other measures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: