FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ION pro mode problem...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorhoof78  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: ION pro mode problem... Reply with quote

My ions have performed great for three years now, but lately I've run into a problem that has me pulling my hair out...

Whenever I hit a yellow cymbal, green cymbal and kick at the same time, the yellow cymbal will trigger a yellow tom instead and my combo drops. It started out maybe 1 in 20 hits, but it's now up to 1 of every 2 hits at least. Sometimes I'll finish an entire song and every one of these note combinations will drop like this.

This is obviously only happening in pro mode, and only with this combination of notes - I'm getting no other crosstalk, double hits, drops or mistriggers of any kind. I've read about static problems and have taken to wiping my kit down before & after every session. I also took the ion controller's casing apart & wiped the inside down. I use good cables and change them out for new ones every so often. I'm using Pintech TC cymbals & a stock ion pedal if that means anything. Please, someone, help...
Fr33701ays  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive noticed if you can hit them almost like a flam (ie G+K, Y immediately after) then it will work for you, I had the same problem, and now it works with that technique as well as hitting the cymbals harder altogether.

Also, I used pintechs before and got this problem alot, and the problem kinda died down after I replaced the Green and Yellow with Simmons cymbals.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a similar problem myself when I first got my Ions right out of box...Except it was the red pad hitting whenever possible by hitting any other pad or even if I left it alone for a little while (like for picking songs, etc.), it'd randomly hit the red pad for me. So, I figured there was a problem in the Ion brain module since my pads were completely fine. Got it exchanged for a new module and its worked fine since, possibly you could try yourself? It just seems like something in your module's starting to wear out after 3 years with the wires or whatnot.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a problem with the ps3 ion brain if I remember correctly. I had this problem and so did many others. If you go into practice mode and do rolls or something on any of your cymbals, eventually you'll hear the corresponding tom trigger as well. (even if it isn't plugged in).

The combination of a midi pro and adapter and an alesis trigger i.o will get rid of the problem but it's probably gonna cost around $200.

here's a thread taking about the problem:
http://ww.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210559
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: