FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S13: Rock Band Blitz Leagues - Congratulations Hafkie and KetchupYoshi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
The problem with including exports is that if a song pops up from an export you don't have, it's much more trouble (and cost) to pick up the export than it would be for just a dlc song. It's a bit harder to get enough people that all agree to have all the exports.

My thought is, you allow signups with the warning that if there aren't enough people with all the exports or willing to acquire them then it won't be run when the leagues start. If there aren't enough, just don't run it. If people don't like it being canceled, that's their own fault.

If people who are missing something sign up and can't do a song, it's their own fault.

I'd say ignore ACDC and Green Day though if you do run it, the band games aren't the best for variety and they're probably the least exported games anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, I'll play.

I'm not great at Blitz, but I probably have more of a chance at doing decent at this League than I ever did at any of the other Leagues.

Not sure if I want to do the DLC league yet, time will tell. The only exports I don't have would be annoying to get should they pop up in Leagues, so I probably wouldn't sign up for an Export League over a DLC League, even though the exports provide some of the best songs.

Selfishly I wish the DLC League had to be limited to the "On Sale" content, because then it would be a max of $4 a week assuming I had none of the songs, and I would be okay with that!

(Heh, it's funny how I'm more likely to buy a song I'll never play again for a dollar, but screw it if it's 2 dollars! Kinda like how we buy expensive iPhones and don't want to pay $1.99 for the apps. :p)

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is perfect for me.

Unfortunately, what with college and a lack of spending money right, I'm thinking I'm going to have to pass, unless I want to run with the Main Songs (which wouldn't be any fun).

Still, there's time between now and Sunday if I change my mind.
Season 9 Standard Controller Champion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
zage1337  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the main songs are fun :p

plus I'd find them pretty easy at this point since my Career Score on the 25 songs are over 13 million

The locked power up league looks interesting and should be fun to try weird powerup combos.

Chew13acca  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually very much enjoy the competitiveness of Blitz so I'll join in this league, why not?

DLC Quickplay (not 100% up to date, sorry)
My Accomplishments

Currently: Pro Drums, Blitz, Pro Keys. Hard to keep posting when there are leaderboards/last year of university.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the number of preliminary signups received we've decided to run only the following two leagues with a healthy participation, as opposed to spreading competition too thin.
  • RB Blitz - Main Songs (Locked Power-Ups)
  • RB Blitz - All DLC (Any Power-Ups)

The leagues interface has been updated and will accept signups for one more week before leagues start next Sunday, November 11.

If you were signed up for a league that was cut and wish to participate in another league, you will have to sign up again.

We're aiming to finish the leagues a few days before Christmas in hopes to avoid holiday schedule conflicts - here's the tentative schedule:

As a final note, please think about the commitment before signing up. Dropouts have been a big problem in the past and make leagues less fun for everyone, so only sign up if you plan to submit scores every round.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't gonna do the DLC league, but now that I got an extra paycheck, why not? I'm in.

I hope more people sign up. You could offer prizes for the top 3 players or something? I know Leagues haven't traditionally offered prizes other than bragging rights, but just an idea.

I also made a little banner for the leagues. Not sure if using this banner would encourage players but eh, it's something.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm signing up for the DLC league.

I hope the Sale lasts all league, and that all the songs will be only sale songs!!

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To encourage participation I'll be awarding 5 contribution points to all members that do not miss a single score submission throughout these leagues.

GuitarHailz wrote:
I hope more people sign up. You could offer prizes for the top 3 players or something? I know Leagues haven't traditionally offered prizes other than bragging rights, but just an idea.

If these go well we plan to keep running leagues highlighting different games each season. But they're designed simply as friendly competition and we don't have plans to offer monetary-based prizes (the site hasn't been covering our server costs).

We could offer a custom avatar banner ("League Champion") to be passed along to the current winners each seasons as some form of added encouragement. That probably still falls under bragging rights, but it's something we can offer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea! It doesn't have to cost money to be a prize.

1KJ08mq.jpg
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question. So let's just say a perma-rocker (like me) wins the league. Would they receive the banner upon de-permarockering?

Anyway, this is great, I'm always happy for more contribution points.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
I have a question. So let's just say a perma-rocker (like me) wins the league. Would they receive the banner upon de-permarockering?

Anyway, this is great, I'm always happy for more contribution points.
Yes, unless you're close to be unpermarockered anyway, in which case we might just restore your rank upon completion of the league. (This applies to anyone, not just/specifically you)
sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
If these go well we plan to keep running leagues highlighting different games each season.

This is my ultimate hope. I really dont like Blitz that much but I am hoping that if this goes well then maybe we could have further leagues in the future. Nothing as crazy as before but pick 1 game from either rock band or guitar hero and have 1 or 2 leagues. There are always enough people around here for 1 or 2 leagues.

Hopefully I dont get trashed to much. Custom banner for last place, lol
Chew13acca  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, and this may be silly, but I've clicked on the 'sign up here' link in JCirri's post several times from different machines and all redirect me to the SH front page.

Any help on this front? I'd like to participate!

DLC Quickplay (not 100% up to date, sorry)
My Accomplishments

Currently: Pro Drums, Blitz, Pro Keys. Hard to keep posting when there are leaderboards/last year of university.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: