FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tips for Roundabout? I just can't do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HHHistheGame  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Tips for Roundabout? I just can't do it. Reply with quote

I've got a ton of good FCs in this game like China Grove and Rehab, I've gold starred Freebird and Llama and every other song in the game. But I can't even five-star Roundabout.

For whatever reason I can make no progress with this song. It's just too weird with the rhythms and the fast notes that I can never seem to play the way the game wants me to. Gahhhh. Any advice?
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three choruses. You need to more or less 8x all of them. As I understand it that should give you a ton of the points. It probably wouldn't hurt to be able to hold a combo for some of the arpeggio hell in the middle too. I don't think the solos are too crucial for the 5*.
mazegeek999PSN  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Tips for Roundabout? I just can't do it. Reply with quote

HHHistheGame wrote:
I've got a ton of good FCs in this game like China Grove and Rehab, I've gold starred Freebird and Llama and every other song in the game. But I can't even five-star Roundabout.

For whatever reason I can make no progress with this song. It's just too weird with the rhythms and the fast notes that I can never seem to play the way the game wants me to. Gahhhh. Any advice?

I use my left finger for the bottom note of the arpeggios. Then I have my thumb on the second note and then the other fingers depending on the chord shape. It takes time getting used to. And yeah, make sure you can get those choruses with overdrive. Also, based on your skill, you can definitely FC the solos, for sure the second solo. The second solo really isn't too hard to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I posted a while back about 5-starring Roundabout PK:

Path is entirely dependent on which unison bonuses you're able to hit in a particular run, as it's so hard to be consistent with those. If you can actually hit all of them in one run, consistently, you probably don't need to worry if you'll 5 star it. That said, the basic idea I had was to activate in as many of these as possible: Chorus 1; Chorus 2; slow keys part before guitar break (because you get way too much overdrive there); (a) somewhere in the guitar break (with full bar, ideally) if you can hold a multiplier for any length of time or (b) if not, between Organ Solo 1 and Organ Solo 2; after unison bonus in Organ Solo 2 (get good at that solo!); Chorus 3. Keep in mind that I play with no-fail on; I think I got good enough to limp through the guitar break and Organ Solo 1 (I never tried to learn the solo in practice, as I didn't think I'd be able to combo it anyway without a LOT of work), but it's also possible that I would have failed from time to time. You may need to adjust your path accordingly if you need assurance for survival during certain parts. I think on my 5-star run I hit the first unison but missed the next two. I restarted each time I missed all three of the first unison bonuses. Being able to sustain 8x during the choruses is really important for the 5 star.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Edit: Also, if you're auto-calibrating with the Stratocaster/Mustang, you might try moving your audio lag setting back by 30ms. It seems that my RB3 keyboard handles lag slightly different than the guitars, as I am able to hit fast 16th notes on guitar, but kept missing the quick stuff on Roundabout PK, even though it sounded like I was right on target. Manually adjusting the lag for PK made a big difference for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: