FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Powerup Goals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bront  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: New Powerup Goals Reply with quote

There's 4 new power up goals, requiring you to score X points with that powerup in a particular song. "Bandmate on the Run", "Cherry Shockwave", "Message in a Bottlerocket", and "Pinball Wizard".

Cherry Shockwave and Message in a Bottlerocket appear to be the toughest.

Songs: Just over 1000.
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exciting.

Edit:

Bandmate on the Run was pie. I think I ended up with 120k from Bandmate on that song. Message in a Bottlerocket was a little tougher -- I held on and only fired it in all of the "heavier" sections, or when I was at full OD and about to grab more, but I still cleared it by 2.5k on my first attempt. Pinball Wizard wasn't bad, though my actual score was about 30k lower than my high score -- I picked up 81k playing Pinball and on a few occasions I let it "drop" thinking Bandmate was picking it up.

Cherry Shockwaves is going to be the tough nut to crack. Every run I've tried has ended up between 43k and 45k, heh. (Edit: 45,655 is the highest I've been able to pull.)

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me (edit: eighteen) attempts, but I did get Cherry Shockwaves. Blast Notes are a must, and you need to get lucky with their placement on unison phrases.

Play it entirely to pick up and maximize OD triggers. Prior to playing things this way I was sitting in the 43k-46k range, whereas sitting on things like vocal sustains to eke out a little more kept me in the 48k-49k range thanks to garbage Blast Notes RNG. I got a nice little bounce and cleared it by 700 points following an attempt that put me 320 points short and caused me to toss my controller.

I triggered once in the first verse (in a dense pack after you get an activation), triggered just before you hit the yellow OD notes that are with the first occurence of "you-oo-oo-oo" in the first chorus, triggered in the second verse when you've got sufficient dollarbucks, and then played the rest according to where the OD I pulled (which varied w/ blast note placement but was usually pretty much the same).

This is one of these goals where you will just scrape by.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, funnily enough Pinball Wizardry was the one that took me the longest (3 attempts), got Message in a Bottle Rocket on my first try and Cherry Shockwaves by 2,5K or so on my second try.

Don't have Band on the Run so can't try it but it seems easy enough :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried these all today and got them each on my first try

"You say it draws near, the tits will be clear" - The Way It Ends
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Goals:

Captain Jackpot - 215k on Captain Jack by Billy Joel
Point Doubler of Know Return - 42k on Point of Know Return (Live) by Kansas
Road Rage Blues - 55k on Road House Blues by The Doors
Through the Fire and Flame Notes - 100k on Through the Fire and Flames by DragonForce

Welp.

Hobo111  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got both the Point of Know Return and TTFAF ones first try (and i'm awful at flame notes). I don't own the other two, but I can't assume that they'd be too hard.
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to watch video of Captain Jack, because I suck at Jackpot and need to find an easy $$$ chance.

Bront  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing Super Keys and Blast Notes for the Captain Jack one, but that's mostly knowing it's a high scoring keys song in RB3.

The road rage one can't be that hard, it's not a short song, and it's pretty busy. It's the one I expected to be the easiest for me. Haven't actually tried any yet though.

TTF&F is bandmate + SG. Really the only way to go with flamenotes and that goal.

espher  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Keys and Blast Notes allowed even me, who always chokes with Jackpot, to clear the goal by nearly 50%. Point Doubler of Know Return took me two tries, but the first time through I missed by 4k and finished with 49% of a bar of OD (the outro bonus would have given it to me if I could have activated). Road Rage Blues wasn't tough for the reasons provided by Bront. Through the Fire and Flame Notes should be pie if you get a good note distribution. I barely got any notes to land on Guitar period, nevermind when I had it Bandmated, but I still cleared it by like 12k.

Bront  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I choked at just over 205,000 points on Jackpot. Lost 2 uses worth about 100K to end the song on keys. Was my first run though.

Only got 28K on my 1st run of Point. I think I need to work on my multipliers a bit more.

zage1337  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just a regular run on Captain Jack? You are pretty much doing what the goal ask by default if you gold star it.

TTFaF looks easy with Bandmate+Flame

Point Doubler on Point of Know Return..Point Doubler why

psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of the new goals are amusing.

Sync 182 is obviously really easy to complete. In fact, you GS two of the three songs with ease doing that, one of which actually beat my existing score, so I had to replay it with a proper run so I could sleep at night >_>

Blast Notes O'Reilly took me 4 runs, and on all 4 runs I hit every blast note on offer, the first three landing about 28k every time, while I just got 31k on this fourth run to actually complete the goal. Seems to be horribly luck reliant on where the blast notes are placed, which is a pain but at least I know its doable heh.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Bront  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 30,200 on Blast Notes O'Riley on my first run.

I missed the 1st runaway note on Take It On The Runaway Note, so I didn't get it (you need to get all 6 that show up). I'll do it again later.

I need to buy "What's My Age Again" to complete the Synch goal, but that's the other blink 182 song I can stand. I have Small Things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: