FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
09/29 - Powerup Rebalancing (Read: Buffing)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
espher  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: 09/29 - Powerup Rebalancing (Read: Buffing) Reply with quote

HMXPope wrote:

Allow me to allay some worries right off the bat. We’re only tweaking these things in the positive. That is, your favorite power-up is not being maimed or gimped in any way. You just may start to see a little more competition for your top leaderboard spots from some folks, so keep a look out!

Power-Ups Affected:
-Point Doubler
-Bottle Rocket
-Shockwave
-Pinball
-Instrument Bonuses (including Synchrony)

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232028

I assume the Instrument Bonuses being buffed was related to the comment I read from someone earlier in the week about how they weren't all 1.5x or something. I used Point Doubler today and I can't really say what was different, other than the duration perhaps being extended. Has anyone been able to ID the changes to BR, SW, or Pinball?

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that jackpot + flame will still be the most OP shit ever compared to all other combinations (On the majority of songs)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that jackpot + flame will still be the most OP shit ever compared to all other combinations (On the majority of songs)

What about Bandmate/Flame Notes on 3 lane songs? :p

iamchris4life  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zage1337 wrote:
Kubuh wrote:

What about Bandmate/Flame Notes on 3 lane songs? :p

He did say majority of songs (which I completely agree with)

"You say it draws near, the tits will be clear" - The Way It Ends
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, interesting. The OD consumption rate is the only thing they could have logically changed with Point Doubler, so I'd imagine that's the case. I sat with some of the other new powerups and here's what I've got so far:

Bottle Rocket seems to have a slightly larger blast radius but I'm not totally sure. It clearly hasn't been improved that greatly because I have songs I used Bottle Rocket on before (short, dense songs are good, They're Red Hot, Crackity Jones), and I've been unable to beat my old scores with the same powerups.

Shockwave seems to have taken a sizable bonus, I got 48K for Shockwave on Crackity Jones, more than I've seen with that powerup before, but nothing that couldn't easily be eclipsed with Road Rage. Shockwave is likely still useless since it doesn't clear notes and thus doesn't help with leveling up, while the points aren't great.

Pinball seems to accelerate more slowly, making it easier to play and build up crazy scores. I really hope people don't start using pinball for legitimate scores, because it really requires a lot of luck and a skill set that has nothing to do with Rock Band... Technically speaking, slowing down Pinball would actually decrease scores in a TAS-type situation, and certainly decrease scores on one parts. My 1st on Song of the Century is still standing, as it has been all month, so I don't think they just increased the points. Weird.

Super X I didn't pick up any changes on, but I'd presume they fixed the consistency so it's always 1.5X, then again I never noticed that they ever weren't 1.5X.

Synchrony has gotten a MASSIVE bonus, I think this will be the way to go on slow songs now, or songs with a lot of empty space. I was getting 500, 1000, and sometimes 1500 for switches when before I think you got 100-200-300.

I think the biggest evidence of the power of Synchrony and Pinball, at least, is that I scored 151,950 on Last Night on Earth with a 19,155 base score, ended the song with 7x-10x multiplies when I think leveling up fully is 19x. GSed the song easily with 83K in Pinball and 37K in Synchrony. I'm not sure about Pinball, it's probably still too distracting for harder songs, but the one change I think we'll certainly be seeing is Synchrony being used for songs that aren't heavy on one particular instrument, and/or have lots of dead space, as Synchrony is the only powerup where you can get points in completely dead space (other than end of song Pinball). I'll update this with more info as I find it, I'm gonna mess around some more with different combinations.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
Yeah those arent being touched so confirmed that is still far and away the most OP combo there is. I still refuse to use it on 4/5 lane songs, it just takes the fun out of the game for me. I'll just stick with jack & blast.
iamchris4life  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:

Synchrony has gotten a MASSIVE bonus, I think this will be the way to go on slow songs now, or songs with a lot of empty space. I was getting 500, 1000, and sometimes 1500 for switches when before I think you got 100-200-300.

I think the biggest evidence of the power of Synchrony and Pinball, at least, is that I scored 151,950 on Last Night on Earth with a 19,155 base score, ended the song with 7x-10x multiplies when I think leveling up fully is 19x. GSed the song easily with 83K in Pinball and 37K in Synchrony. I'm not sure about Pinball, it's probably still too distracting for harder songs, but the one change I think we'll certainly be seeing is Synchrony being used for songs that aren't heavy on one particular instrument, and/or have lots of dead space, as Synchrony is the only powerup where you can get points in completely dead space (other than end of song Pinball). I'll update this with more info as I find it, I'm gonna mess around some more with different combinations.

Jackpot + Flame + Super (1.75x/1.75x/1.5x/2.0x/1.75x) = 6750/7875/9000 points per flame note

Hitting one patch of flame notes consisting of 10 of them could easily make up for what Synchrony would have accrued throughout an entire song.

The 2nd best combo would consist of Blast notes instead, which would obviously be for the most dense songs across tracks. This is due to the huge Blitz bonus and the ability to focus on your super instrument for longer periods of time, which, under Jackpot, could yield an enormous bonus at the end of long songs

Icemage  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamchris4life wrote:

Jackpot + Flame + Super (1.75x/1.75x/1.5x/2.0x/1.75x) = 6750/7875/9000 points per flame note

Hitting one patch of flame notes consisting of 10 of them could easily make up for what Synchrony would have accrued throughout an entire song.

The 2nd best combo would consist of Blast notes instead, which would obviously be for the most dense songs across tracks. This is due to the huge Blitz bonus and the ability to focus on your super instrument for longer periods of time, which, under Jackpot, could yield an enormous bonus at the end of long songs

I think MasterNobody was referring to songs that have really sparse charts on every instrument, where you can take advantage of Synchrony's hit-two-notes-with-one-movement to give yourself just a tiny bit of edge on multipliers. On songs like that, Super X isn't nearly so powerful because you're often forced at gunpoint to jump around to different tracks instead of staying on your main Super point instrument.
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
iamchris4life wrote:

I think MasterNobody was referring to songs that have really sparse charts on every instrument, where you can take advantage of Synchrony's hit-two-notes-with-one-movement to give yourself just a tiny bit of edge on multipliers. On songs like that, Super X isn't nearly so powerful because you're often forced at gunpoint to jump around to different tracks instead of staying on your main Super point instrument.

See: Do You Feel Like We Do. Fuck that song in its ass for not having the solos.

Also, although my post about instrument powerups was on the 21st, it seems those were the balances. 1.75 for all non-guitar powerups, aside from vox which is 2x.

zage1337  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The combo MasterNobody mentioned.

It's actually stupid how overpowered it is and doesn't require legitimate blitz skill.

I'm sure that score can be beaten with crazy jackpot/flame usage if you are a godly player. But other than that, that run was achieved my completely ignoring everything about rock band blitz. I ignored getting mulitpliers up, I never entered blitz mode, my percentages were in the low 80s. I've seen this combo being used on several songs and I think it breaks the game.

TheLonging  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zage1337 wrote:
The combo MasterNobody mentioned.

It's actually stupid how overpowered it is and doesn't require legitimate blitz skill.

I'm sure that score can be beaten with crazy jackpot/flame usage if you are a godly player. But other than that, that run was achieved my completely ignoring everything about rock band blitz. I ignored getting mulitpliers up, I never entered blitz mode, my percentages were in the low 80s. I've seen this combo being used on several songs and I think it breaks the game.

Well, that's depressing. That does assume you're good at pinball though.

Even then, that's not too good.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Infil  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did they buff pinball? I was glad that it wasn't a good powerup, because it wasn't fun to use. I just beat an old score of mine, one that I earned with some pretty good play, by just trying to keep a pinball alive. Kind of sad.

Glad to see it's not my imagination that Synchrony is waaaay better than I first thought it was. When I first played the game I thought it was so useless, but I tried it to show a friend the game the other day and I got sooo many points. Glad it wasn't just me misunderstanding the powerup early but rather them just insanely buffing it.

You basically turn every note on a down beat into a 100x multiplier minimum (often 150x or 200x, depending on whether it's a double note or what's around you). Not counting jackpot hijinx, this is basically a flame note on the down beat of every measure in the entire song. And you can still use jackpot if you're confident you won't mess up the switches.

I actually find shockwave to be a decent pair with synchrony because it makes sure the notes stay present, meaning you can convert each measure for 1500 points instead of just 500 (if road rage were to clear those notes away, for instance). But road rage has the benefit of collecting all the star power for you so it's probably a wash, and shockwave would only work on super dense tracks. I guess jackpot is still the go-to choice for most songs, though, but it's high-stress to use.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay for some reason I find this hilarious. I know this score has been beaten on the 360 side but still...

that's totally not breaking the game..xD

uSound  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, I don't care about high scores anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
iamchris4life  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zage1337 wrote:
Okay for some reason I find this hilarious. I know this score has been beaten on the 360 side but still...

that's totally not breaking the game..xD

Until a pinball combo can consistently beat the Jackpot/Flame combo, I don't really consider the game broken. I have like 691k on this and 1st is 771k which I know the guy uses Jackpot/Flame

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: