FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
09/29 - Powerup Rebalancing (Read: Buffing)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamchris4life wrote:
zage1337 wrote:
Okay for some reason I find this hilarious. I know this score has been beaten on the 360 side but still...

that's totally not breaking the game..xD

Until a pinball combo can consistently beat the Jackpot/Flame combo, I don't really consider the game broken. I have like 691k on this and 1st is 771k which I know the guy uses Jackpot/Flame

One of the Freen in Green songs (forgot which one) has a 1st place score of 750k~ and the second place score is 450k~. The best score I could get is my top with Jackpot + Blast, which is 200 - 225k~ I believe? I do suck at flame notes so I haven't tried it with that, but unless that combo gets you an extra 500k+, you can't get 700k on that song.

I'm not doubting Jackpot/Flame isn't still the OP combo it is, but I know Pinball/Synch (and throw in Jackpot there if you're REALLY good at balancing the three) is the go-to method for some songs, which is to say, some songs are definitely broken.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's jack+flame. It's always jack and flame. Outside of the one track songs where pinball is off the charts, the seemingly unattainable score is always jack+flame. Its 5,000 points per note for flame notes under overdrive so even with your multipliers at 1x you can have a jackpot session of 50k depending on how good you are at hitting flame notes. On most songs you can boost your jack/blast score by > 200k (or more depending on the song) with jack+flame, but it's maddening when you have a 150k jackpot going and you twitch and blow the whole thing, it's too high stress for me so I don't mess with it unless its an unusually slow song and/or its 2 or 3 tracks.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that'd be why I'm underestimating it, just simply because I am godawful at flame notes (My Shine score is only barely better than my best with blast).

I guess depending on what you're good at the most will determine what works better? If you can't consistently hit flame notes but you play amazing pinball, you can try that.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
Smoke weed erryday.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jack+flame is still the overwhelming best choice for any song with more than 1 track. Theoretically, pinball has a higher potential, but the skill required to take advantage of it is astronomical. If you can come anywhere close to doing well with pinball, then you can do 10x better with flame notes.
iamchris4life  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
jack+flame is still the overwhelming best choice for any song with more than 1 track. Theoretically, pinball has a higher potential, but the skill required to take advantage of it is astronomical. If you can come anywhere close to doing well with pinball, then you can do 10x better with flame notes.

However, Bandmate+Flame is better for songs with less than 4 tracks and high note densities, like YYZ. Flame notes are guaranteed to spawn on at least 2 tracks, and are also guaranteed to stay active as long as you hit them. Therefore, as long as Bandmate is active and you don't miss any notes on the 2nd track, every note you and your bandmate hits is a flame note

"You say it draws near, the tits will be clear" - The Way It Ends
zage1337  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:

I would disagree that pinball takes way too much skill to take advantage and beat jack/flame scores. And no you can't always do 10x better with jack/flame if you are good at pinball because the skill set for each are completely different.

Pinball is by far the most broken powerup in the game, and it shouldn't even be in there. I was able to top the leaderboards on so many songs(even on the setlist) by just hitting a ton of pinball hits in rapid succession. It just takes practice to get good enough to beat jack/flame scores. Now it won't beat jack/flame scores that are like 600-700k+ unless you are amazingly good at it. I'm not at that level yet. But a top jack/flame score under 400k is easily destroyed by pinball.

I actually kinda feel bad for using it on several songs, because of how overpowered it is, and how I can take advantage of it. It almost feels like cheating, but it is technically a legitimate power up in the game just like all the other power ups and using a power up combo to your advantage is the point of the game, and HMX intentionally designed Pinball to be played that way.I just don't really see how it's fair that if someone is amazing at pinball, they can be really good at RB Blitz because of it. (I've gotten tons of 1sts on ps3 with jack/blast and jack/flame so I can still play blitz without it >_>). And there is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from also using Pinball.

And also taking advantage of sync requires you to intentionally break your blitz meter and hit both R1/L1 to stay on the same lane but get 500-2k per sync.

In the end every 1st place score on every song besides 2-3 lane songs is gonna come down to either X/Pinball/Sync or Jackpot/Flame/Super X. No other powerup combination comes EVEN close.

And in the end eventually Pinball scores will top over every Jack/Flame scores because the point potential is actually higher.

ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I actually gave the Jackpot + Flame combo a go yesterday and I didn't realise that it'd be so...brutal. Getting Gold Stars on Hanuman by Rodrigo y Gabriela without even going past the first checkpoint is insane. A bit harder on songs with more lanes (I seemed to always fail on the switches) but still, wow. Brutal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Wow, I actually gave the Jackpot + Flame combo a go yesterday and I didn't realise that it'd be so...brutal. Getting Gold Stars on Hanuman by Rodrigo y Gabriela without even going past the first checkpoint is insane. A bit harder on songs with more lanes (I seemed to always fail on the switches) but still, wow. Brutal.

2 lane songs were always broken with flame notes. This isn't new. That's like saying I can play Pinball good and Pinball is amazing because I used it on a one lane song.

Try using Jack/Flame on a song that actually requires you to lane shift. (Pretty much every single 4-5 lane song)

1 and 2 lane songs are completely broken in this game and I kinda consider those songs meaningless in blitz.

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you use jack/flame for a while you'll realize the number of lanes doesn't have as much to do with the difficulty as you think, rather than structure of the notes in the chart. Some songs are much harder to use flame notes on regardless of having 3 4 or 5 lanes.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Once you use jack/flame for a while you'll realize the number of lanes doesn't have as much to do with the difficulty as you think, rather than structure of the notes in the chart. Some songs are much harder to use flame notes on regardless of having 3 4 or 5 lanes.

For example: I'm sure Jackpot/Flame/Super Guitar on Five Magics will net you an ungodly score, but the chances of keeping up with such a dense chart, hitting tons of flame notes, doing extremely well on the solos, and getting G* is just so slim it's more sensible to use blast notes.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
Smoke weed erryday.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not really what I'm talking about though..it's more a matter of whether the notes in the charts are aligned - if all the lanes are doing the same rhythm, then the flame notes will be parallel and thus very difficult to hit multiples. If the lanes have uneven notes or the instruments are taking turns, then the flame notes are broken up and you can hit more than one at a time making them multiply (including putting more than one flame note in the same lane at a time) and your score skyrocket - this is how I got the high score on Tuesdays Gone and a lot of the ballads in this week's goal.

If it's too uneven though, like one lane rests for a minute or two, it could have the opposite effect on your score if you hit a flame note and the next one appears in the resting lane way down the track.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, which is why flames is usually a bad choice for songs with many/long solos or where one instrument is silent for a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually will still get better scores with flames than blast (empty lanes negatively affect blast too) but by a slimmer margin, 20-40k instead of 100-400k better.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure they do, but if you have a flame note get stuck on the empty lane for quite a while then you are screwed score wise.

Blast also seems more effective than flame on really long songs (Metallica for example), both becomes less useful the longer the song is though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Flame Notes are worthless now. Nice job breaking it HMX.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: