FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/25 DLC: Green Day Pack 03!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
espher wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
My point is that all of the CP2 songs that had harmonies had them in their original export versions, but they are playable in RB3 versions. But for RB3 they re-released them as different songs with the (RB3 version) tag despite them being charted exactly the same.

But they /had/ keys added, didn't they? Or am I losing my mind? It wasn't just the RB2 exports getting identical-other-than-name versions -- it was people like me getting pissed off that we got boned as early adopters (and thus got a download key to get the "new" version). I know a couple of the songs didn't get keys, but I thought most did.

In this case, if Henry is saying they're identical and compatible, I'd be surprised to hear they weren't functionally the GD:RB export files with a different coat of packaging.

Some were the same. All that had harmonies had harmonies, but some were just plain keyless. No keys in the chart, no keys in the song. But they were re-released as RB3 Versions anyway, not just the RB2 versions of the song that was on CP2. Not sure they just didn't release the disc versions of the songs...but I doubt that Henry is sure, either.

The two that didn't upgrade (Mama Tried and Sideways) are literally the same chart and everything, just labeled (RB3 Version) and only works in RB3. All the others had keys support added, although in some cases they sound different since the keys were buried in the mix in some songs and were brought up in the mix as part of the RB3 Version upgrade.

I think it was assumed at the time that Harmonix didn't want to release literal RB1/2 content after they had closed the gate, so it was easier to just mark them as RB3 only so that they'd only have to cert it against one game.

It'll be interesting to see if this Green Day DLC pack actually works with Rock Band 1 and 2 like the export does, minus Oh Love. Would be interesting if the exporters get the benefit of being able to play it in more Rock Band titles than DLC purchasers, even though they're cross-compatible in online play.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'm never planning on playing GD:RB, ever. The fact that some of the only Green Day songs I'm interested in from that game are being released in this pack, I don't mind at all.

Oh Love isn't even that bad.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know despite the repeats of importable songs and lack of pro you really have to commend Harmonix for maintaining a relationship with Green Day to re-license content and get a brand new song for the game.

It's really impressive IMO.
JWitjeS  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
espher wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
My point is that all of the CP2 songs that had harmonies had them in their original export versions, but they are playable in RB3 versions. But for RB3 they re-released them as different songs with the (RB3 version) tag despite them being charted exactly the same.

But they /had/ keys added, didn't they? Or am I losing my mind? It wasn't just the RB2 exports getting identical-other-than-name versions -- it was people like me getting pissed off that we got boned as early adopters (and thus got a download key to get the "new" version). I know a couple of the songs didn't get keys, but I thought most did.

In this case, if Henry is saying they're identical and compatible, I'd be surprised to hear they weren't functionally the GD:RB export files with a different coat of packaging.

Some were the same. All that had harmonies had harmonies, but some were just plain keyless. No keys in the chart, no keys in the song. But they were re-released as RB3 Versions anyway, not just the RB2 versions of the song that was on CP2. Not sure they just didn't release the disc versions of the songs...but I doubt that Henry is sure, either.

The two that didn't upgrade (Mama Tried and Sideways) are literally the same chart and everything, just labeled (RB3 Version) and only works in RB3.

Actually, when you buy Mama Tried (and I'm guessing Sideways, too) as a single, you get the normal version, so not the RB3 Version (even though the marketplace and in-game store say so). This is actually a big problem, because of that Country Jamboree goal in RB: Blitz not working with the normal version.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWitjeS wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
espher wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

The two that didn't upgrade (Mama Tried and Sideways) are literally the same chart and everything, just labeled (RB3 Version) and only works in RB3.

Actually, when you buy Mama Tried (and I'm guessing Sideways, too) as a single, you get the normal version, so not the RB3 Version (even though the marketplace and in-game store say so). This is actually a big problem, because of that Country Jamboree goal in RB: Blitz not working with the normal version.

That's.. wow.

Must explain this RB.com thread then. There wasn't some sort of secret feature added, that other person literally just has the RB2 version of Mama Tried from the store.
dore  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
Hey... I hope you're ready... because here comes some positivity.

I'd suspect that HMX knows that there isn't a line of people looking to spend $25 (disc and export fee) for the few Green Day songs they like. People who like the band have all long since bought their discs and exported. Now, this a la cart system is going to let people like me pick up the couple songs out of the game they like.

So yeah I'm buying Brain Stew/Jaded, and I'll probably pick up American Idiot (song, not album) when it's out, but that's about it. So now HMX gets $4 from me instead of $0... bish bash bosh.

Pretty much the same situation for me, and probably plenty of people who only have played RB3 for example.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt RB:GD like around the same price of this pack alone ? im pretty sure i saw it in a EBGames (Gamestop) for 10$.

and people were complaining when Activision did this (re-releasing)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's around ~$10 on Amazon. I really see no reason to get these when the game is so absurdly cheap.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind it's still another 10$ to export it unless you get Plus.

I imagine Harmonix is aware, though, and those that buy and export the game get a better deal for the bulk purchase instead of piecemeal.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231964

So, I heard you like giveaways.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:

Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to natural persons who are residents of one of the 50 States of the United States of America or the District of Columbia.

Nope.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to natural persons who are residents of one of the 50 States of the United States of America or the District of Columbia.

Nope.

totally expected and as always. what's so friggin hard to make it worlwide.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
totally expected and as always. what's so friggin hard to make it worlwide.

Lots of laws. Regarding everything from prize eligibility to delivery to notification to skill and chance to registration to duration and they're not all necessarily compatible laws from nation to nation.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
Keep in mind it's still another 10$ to export it unless you get Plus.

I imagine Harmonix is aware, though, and those that buy and export the game get a better deal for the bulk purchase instead of piecemeal.

Theoretically the Green Day Rock Band Plus codes are no longer usable. I know a few people reported the codes working after the supposed expiration date a while back, but it's probably a gamble to try one now.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: 9/25 DLC: Green Day Pack 03! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system September 25th, 2012:

• Oh Love by Green Day (O)

• Brain Stew/Jaded by Green Day

• Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) by Green Day

• Warning by Green Day

• Minority by Green Day

Tracks 2-5 already available as part of the Green Day Rock Band export,
but are now available for the first time as singles and also as
part of "Green Day Pack 03".
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system October 10th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

Price:

$ 8.49, £4.39 UK, € 6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points, 850 Wii Points™) for the “Green Day Pack 03”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Now Or Never by Confide (160 MSP)

• Ziltoidia Attaxx!! (2x Bass Pedal) by Devin Townsend (80 MSP)

• In The Wake Of Evolution by Kaipa (160 MSP/$1.99)

RBN Songs now available for PS3 that are currently enabled for scoretracking:

• Broken Bones by Aiden ($1.99)

• Keep The Lights On by Close Your Eyes ($1.99)

• Flesh And Blood by Edge ($0.99)

There are no new Rhythm Authors tracks this week.

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: