FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/25 DLC: Green Day Pack 03!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thespike  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the fuck. Silly Harmonix, you already released these songs. Must be smoking some good stuff to forget about that entire Green Day game.

But seriously, I'm guessing they're going to have a lot of new album stuff and this is the really, really weird way they decided to promote the old Green Day songs. Weird because you can buy the entire game for like $15 on Amazon instead of paying $10 for a small sliver of it.

Now do the Beatles setlist next.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love green day ... but this is REALLY stupid imo and a waste of a week of dlc. I'm pretty sure that those are the 4 songs that weren't part of an entire album on that game so that means they'll probably be releasing whole albums by green day at a time for dlc, which will probably mean 3 more wasted weeks of dlc.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
I love green day ... but this is REALLY stupid imo and a waste of a week of dlc. I'm pretty sure that those are the 4 songs that weren't part of an entire album on that game so that means they'll probably be releasing whole albums by green day at a time for dlc, which will probably mean 3 more wasted weeks of dlc.

Oh, right. Like, how maybe they should have released something else with this week, too. That would have been too smart. Of course, with Harmonix being allergic to large DLC releases, it's no surprise. I just hope it's handled better in the later weeks.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:
b.vicious wrote:

Oh, right. Like, how maybe they should have released something else with this week, too. That would have been too smart. Of course, with Harmonix being allergic to large DLC releases, it's no surprise. I just hope it's handled better in the later weeks.

Inb4Mystakin.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMX running out of songs ?

RBN to the rescue again it seems

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:

Thankfully upthread it was confirmed that they're planning to release the rest of it all at once, so that only means 1 "wasted" week of DLC.

Though to be fair, we did get a new game a few weeks ago and Dance Central 3 is coming out in a few weeks, so I bet there is more going on here than we know. Not to go all mystakin on you guys or anything, but there's that. I'm still really confused by this move though - I feel like they could release a "Best Of" 10-pack or something for less than the cost of the actual game, and entice more people to buy it (and end up making more money than selling more copies of the actual disc). As it stands though, when the game is only $12 it's would be dumb to buy more than 6 of these singles.

But I guess if the game really is in danger of being unavailable at any retailers and in general, I bet we'll be happy they did this.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey... I hope you're ready... because here comes some positivity.

I'd suspect that HMX knows that there isn't a line of people looking to spend $25 (disc and export fee) for the few Green Day songs they like. People who like the band have all long since bought their discs and exported. Now, this a la cart system is going to let people like me pick up the couple songs out of the game they like.

So yeah I'm buying Brain Stew/Jaded, and I'll probably pick up American Idiot (song, not album) when it's out, but that's about it. So now HMX gets $4 from me instead of $0... bish bash bosh.

Last edited by ManfredvonKarma on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will probably sell well more than any amount of the discs, especially since people can cherry pick.

The fact that it'll still probably be cheaper to export Green Day will just be a bonus for those that want to hunt down and purchase the game.

They aren't close to running out of DLC. They have months of DLC lined up at all times, and at most re-releasing Green Day bought them an entire two weeks of breathing room, which is not much in the grand scheme of 5 years of support.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will these count toward the FGFC?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:

I don't see how they couldn't, seeing as they're going to be identical to the original charts. That being said, anyone who tries to get this FGFC by buying them all individually when they come out is an outright moron.

So in that case; expertwin, go ahead and buy them, get that FGFC!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
So they're compatible. Okay. So...why charge people for RB3 versions of the unchanged songs when they could have just re-released the old versions?

I'm not sure I follow.

Unless we're talking about CP2, but (unless my mind is playing tricks on me) the Country Pack 2 re-releases had keys supported added in for most of the songs. It was kind of dumb for them to put out a disc-only RB2 export content release at that point in time, mind you...

My point is that all of the CP2 songs that had harmonies had them in their original export versions, but they are playable in RB3 versions. But for RB3 they re-released them as different songs with the (RB3 version) tag despite them being charted exactly the same.

With some retrospective though, I can understand more and more why this happened. The new sale being a big part of it.

Also, about the Country track pack versions I understand that there may have been issues in the past about releasing cross-compatible versions which have either been resolved, or they're not so against releasing RB2-era versions. We'll find out which one on tuesday when someone here can test if songs work on RB2 or are listed as "Green Day: Rock Band" on RB3. Particularly the former, though. We know from RB2 that the 8 European extra exported songs were classed as RB1 songs on RB2 in EU and classed as DLC elsewhere and there were no problems about that, (besides L:RB not playing some songs at all at first) which was altered for RB3.

So, nowadays my only complaint is the lack of Kill the DJ/Let Yourself Go. And lack of song complaints are natural in pretty much every topic. Sure, licensing may have had an issue, but...come on. Two packs. One full of repeats, one full of new stuff. But that's about it now.

EDIT: Also, I totally hope that with this Wii Users can finally get those RB1/L:RB Exports they've deserved for so long.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
expertwin wrote:

I don't see how they couldn't, seeing as they're going to be identical to the original charts. That being said, anyone who tries to get this FGFC by buying them all individually when they come out is an outright moron.

Wouldn't it not because the RB3 engine is different than GDRB?
(Obvious exception being harmonies and PRO Drums)
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:
expertwin wrote:

Wouldn't it not because the RB3 engine is different than GDRB?
(Obvious exception being harmonies and PRO Drums)

Fixed. Harmonies are on GD:RB itself.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
My point is that all of the CP2 songs that had harmonies had them in their original export versions, but they are playable in RB3 versions. But for RB3 they re-released them as different songs with the (RB3 version) tag despite them being charted exactly the same.

But they /had/ keys added, didn't they? Or am I losing my mind? It wasn't just the RB2 exports getting identical-other-than-name versions -- it was people like me getting pissed off that we got boned as early adopters (and thus got a download key to get the "new" version). I know a couple of the songs didn't get keys, but I thought most did.

In this case, if Henry is saying they're identical and compatible, I'd be surprised to hear they weren't functionally the GD:RB export files with a different coat of packaging.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

But they /had/ keys added, didn't they? Or am I losing my mind? It wasn't just the RB2 exports getting identical-other-than-name versions -- it was people like me getting pissed off that we got boned as early adopters (and thus got a download key to get the "new" version). I know a couple of the songs didn't get keys, but I thought most did.

In this case, if Henry is saying they're identical and compatible, I'd be surprised to hear they weren't functionally the GD:RB export files with a different coat of packaging.

Some were the same. All that had harmonies had harmonies, but some were just plain keyless. No keys in the chart, no keys in the song. But they were re-released as RB3 Versions anyway, not just the RB2 versions of the song that was on CP2. Not sure they just didn't release the disc versions of the songs...but I doubt that Henry is sure, either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: