FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/25 DLC: Green Day Pack 03!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: 9/25 DLC: Green Day Pack 03! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system September 25th, 2012:

• Oh Love by Green Day (O)

• Brain Stew/Jaded by Green Day

• Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) by Green Day

• Warning by Green Day

• Minority by Green Day

Tracks 2-5 already available as part of the Green Day Rock Band export,
but are now available for the first time as singles and also as
part of "Green Day Pack 03".
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system October 10th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

Price:

$ 8.49, £4.39 UK, € 6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points, 850 Wii Points™) for the “Green Day Pack 03”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Now Or Never by Confide (160 MSP)

• Ziltoidia Attaxx!! (2x Bass Pedal) by Devin Townsend (80 MSP)

• In The Wake Of Evolution by Kaipa (160 MSP/$1.99)

RBN Songs now available for PS3 that are currently enabled for scoretracking:

• Broken Bones by Aiden ($1.99)

• Keep The Lights On by Close Your Eyes ($1.99)

• Flesh And Blood by Edge ($0.99)

There are no new Rhythm Authors tracks this week.

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Last edited by singemfrc on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four GDRB songs, not three. Typo in the thread title.

I think that's really dumb that they're re-releasing them like that. As for Oh Love, I dislike the song, and certainly don't need any more Green Day on my setlist. Not my week, I guess.

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I understand this... do any of these songs have keys? If not, why no PRO? What is the point of this? I guess for the people who didn't want to buy RB:GD, but it was definitely out of left field.

I really like Green Day but color me confused.

Edit: I don't think I will buy the new single but time will tell. I am one of the few people that actually really liked 21st Century Breakdown, so maybe the new stuff I will like too. Also I'm an idiot for not looking at the "O" that denotes keys or not.

I wonder if we will have more weeks like this, so people can pick and choose from the more popular Green Day tracks?

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I don't know if I understand this... do any of these songs have keys? If not, why no PRO? What is the point of this? I guess for the people who didn't want to buy RB:GD, but it was definitely out of left field.

I really like Green Day but color me confused.

Looks like the new song gets keys, but none of the other songs got upgraded.

...maybe... uh... advertise for people to buy the game if they haven't?
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
viukkis  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is really underwhelming.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: viukkis PSN Name: viukkis
ricecake  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if the songs are identical, so that they are compatible with people who got the export.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw. When I heard about Oh Love I hoped for it, Let Yourself Go and Kill the DJ. Bot it and a bunch of repeats. Though it does raise a valid point about playing online with people who have the exports. Think back to the Country Track Pack 2. Those songs all had harmonies and even though they didn't have keys they were incompatible and had to be released as RB3 versions. These songs aren't listed as RB3 versions. Does that mean they're compatible with the exports? Can you play them on RB2? What's different now from last time?

On the pack itself, despite the obvious censoring, Let Yourself Go would have been much better than Oh Love. As for the rest of the singles, well, Good Riddance is an obvious pick and the other three are my favorite songs from GD:RB. Good choices.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf, I got my copy of GDRB for less than the amount this pack will be.

Anyways, even for people who don't own GDRB, these wouldn't have been the tracks I would've been most excited for.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231755&p=4883425&viewfull=1#post4883425

Quote:
Since there are bound to be a few additional questions about next week's Green Day DLC, I wanted to pop in with a few preemptive details here. I'll be responding to further questions as they pop up in the official discussion thread as usual.

Q: Why are you releasing songs that were previously available on Green Day: Rock Band?

A: As we've done with several of the Track Pack releases in the past, we wanted to release these Green Day songs as DLC to make them available to as many people as possible. GD:RB was released over 2 years ago and may not be readily available at retail any longer, so offering songs as DLC will give all RB3 and RB Blitz players access to these highly requested tracks.

Q: Will you be releasing more songs from GD:RB as DLC? Will you be releasing more new Green Day songs?

A: Yes, we will be releasing the full GD:RB set list as DLC at some point in the near future. Keep posted to future DLC announcements if you'd like to grab songs from Dookie, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown. We don't have any other new Green Day content on the schedule, but that doesn't mean we can't revisit once Oh Love is out.

Q: Will the GD:RB songs have RB3 features now that they are available as DLC?

A: The GD:RB songs will function as DLC just as they did if you had exported them. That means pro drums in all songs and harmonies where applicable. None of these tracks will have keyboard charting since 1) they are pre RB3 files that would have been incredibly difficult to update and 2) from what the Music Licensing team has told me, only one of the GD:RB songs had keys recorded.

Q: Will "Oh Love" be playable in GD:RB?

A: No, "Oh Love" is being submitted as RB3 DLC, which means it's not compatible with pre RB3 titles like GD:RB, RB2, RB1, etc.

Q: Is this Green Day DLC compatible with the same tracks exported from GD:RB?

A: Yes. If you snag this DLC, it will be playable online with your friends that have exported the same songs from GD:RB. They are compatible in online gameplay and they share the same leaderboards.
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Q: Why are you releasing songs that were previously available on Green Day: Rock Band?

A: As we've done with several of the Track Pack releases in the past, we wanted to release these Green Day songs as DLC to make them available to as many people as possible. GD:RB was released over 2 years ago and may not be readily available at retail any longer, so offering songs as DLC will give all RB3 and RB Blitz players access to these highly requested tracks.

Ok, so it wasn't less, but it was pretty damn close

At least there's 1 new song out of this, but hopefully the next time they do this, they add in some new dlc along with it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they're compatible. Okay. So...why charge people for RB3 versions of the unchanged songs when they could have just re-released the old versions?

This shouldn't matter to me as the country pack wasn't released over here, plus I only bought Ring of Fire, but much like boring Monsoon not exporting it's about the principle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First dlc announcement that made me actively enraged. That's a new one.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. Cool that you can play them online with people who exported the game. But a little disappointing that they won't even allow a pro upgrade to be purchased in addition for a few popular songs (like they did for some other legacy songs like My Sharona).

I'm surprised at the choices though, and the fact they're releasing the whole setlist. I guess this is for some people who only really like a couple songs, but it's odd they wouldn't just single out the most popular songs (let's be honest, if you can pick even only 5 songs you want from this, just buy the whole game...).

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
So they're compatible. Okay. So...why charge people for RB3 versions of the unchanged songs when they could have just re-released the old versions?

This shouldn't matter to me as the country pack wasn't released over here, plus I only bought Ring of Fire, but much like boring Monsoon not exporting it's about the principle.

This is definitely why this is confusing and odd. If none of the songs have keys and they had harmonies already in the exported versions, then this at least makes sense. However, one song does have keys recorded and will not be getting a keys chart. This is definitely confusing, as the understanding was that all DLC released after RB3 would have the new features and be compatible only with RB3. They upheld this standard when releasing the extra exclusive tracks for the country pack, so why didn't they do that here? My guess is that only one song had an actual keys part, and the exports and GD RB already had harmonies, so they were very nearly feature complete to begin with and HMX thought it was worth technically breaking the standard so that people who have the exports can play with people who have the DLC versions.

On the plus side, the RB music store at least shows compatibility ratings with the different games, so at least the store will show that these tracks are compatible with the earlier games and they'll work with anyone who has the exports. I get why they want to release it as DLC, as I think it really should have just been DLC in the first place (and I suspect Viacom may been the main ones pushing for another disc-based band-specific title after Beatles RB). But this could be pretty confusing to casual fans who don't keep up on these details.

Well I don't really like Green Day anyway, so fuck it.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: